Quantcast
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

I have never bought anything from Apple directly, so cannot help you there! Sorry!

Go to the store and buy it there. I wouldn't bother engraving it.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by yby1 View Post
    Go to the store and buy it there. I wouldn't bother engraving it.
    I just did!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DS1 has asked for a PS4 for his bday (10th bday!) and my mom has said she'd get it for him

I was talking to a friend this weekend about it, and she said it was her understanding that PS4 is not good for young kids as 90% of the games are for older kids (very violent, sexual content.) So now I"m thinking that a PS4 is not the way to go.

Does anyone have any input on this? FWIW, he currently has a wii. Is there another gaming system that is good for kids this age? Or, was my friend misinformed and is a PS4 still a good option meaning there are a ton of age appropriate games to chose from.

TIA!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

stevie, I would hop on Amazon and search for PS4 games rated E. The next level up is T for Teen which may or may not be okay depending on the game. You can always read reviews to get a better feel.
    Last edited by LeslieR; 06-13-2016 at 10:57 AM.

There are specific games only available on specific consoles. Do you know if he's asking for a PS4 specifically for certain games? DD plays Disney infinity on ours, but unfortunately they're discontinuing it. I haven't looked for other games for her, though, it's really my husband's.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

stevie, I would hop on Amazon and search for PS4 games rated E. The next level up is T for Teen which may or may not be okay depending on the game. You can always read reviews to get a better feel.
    Thanks At first glance, it seems like there are only a handful of E rated games but I need to do more research.

There are specific games only available on specific consoles. Do you know if he's asking for a PS4 specifically for certain games? DD plays Disney infinity on ours, but unfortunately they're discontinuing it. I haven't looked for other games for her, though, it's really my husband's.
    Good point. I really just need to ask him what game(s) is he interested in and go from there. He just says he wants a PS4 but maybe he doesn't even really know which game console has the games he wants. I know he likes to play an NBA game at his friend's house but I am pretty sure that is on a PS3 and from what I read, PS3 games do not work on PS4 consoles. And, he also has played that Call of Duty game at a neighbors on a PS4 but I am NOT letting him get that game. So really, I need to find out which game he is wanting and go from there.

Thanks ladies!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

Usually the sports games like NFL or NBA are available on all consoles. DS1 plays Madden and some NBA game on our Xbox 360.

Yeah, my husband plays a lot of call of duty type games on ours. He also bought an XBOX for 1 specific game. Dumb. 🙄
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

You could always go to Game stop and ask about consoles and games there. The kids that work there are usually pretty knowledgeable about the games, what theviolence level is, if there's online play required, if chat can be turned off etc. I've gone there to get my ds2 games and they offer up that sort of info all the time. We generally wind up with a different game than we went for because of it.