Quantcast
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Fall 2013/2016 TV

So, that time of year is fast approaching. What's on your Fall TV watch list?

As far as new shows, I always try a whole bunch andend up with one or two.

I think I will try:

• Betrayal (ABC, Sunday 9/29)
    • The Goldbergs (ABC, Tuesday 9/24, 80's-themed sit-com, will watch for the 80's references)
    • The Blacklist (NBC, Monday 9/23)
    • Hostages (CBS, Monday 9/23)

I'm sure I'll add a cop show or two, a lawyer show or two, and a gameshow or reality competition, but not sure yet which.

What new shows are you trying this season?
    J + A

I hate this time of year. School is back in session but we still have to wait a month for new TV!

I should feel relieved that my Must Watch tv list is so short, since I will now need to be up at 5 am 2 days a week and 5:30 2-3 other days, and with my 4 year old not liking to fall asleep until 9:30, it doesn't leave much time.

I am going to try as well:
    Betrayal
    Hostages
    The Blacklist

The only other new TV I think I will try is on Thursday nights, which I really don't need since I watch Grey's and Scandal - but at least it will give me DVR material for the weekend:
    Welcome to the Family
    The Crazy Ones
    Sean Saves the World

There were a few others on tvguide.com but they seem to be mid-season replacements, so I will probably forget about them until then.

As for now my old TV list is:
    Revenge
    (The Good Wife and the Mentalist- I hate dealing with CBS Sunday shows during football season - so I usually just watch occasionally)
    HIMYM
    (Mike & Molly seems to be a mid-season replacement this year)
    The Biggest Loser
    The Mindy Project
    Criminal Minds
    Modern Family
    Grey's
    Scandal
    Parenthood
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

TNT's Cold Justice premieres tonight. It is a reality show starring an amazing former prosecutor (Kelly Siegler) and a forensic criminologist who was the real life inspiration for the Marg hellgenberger character in CSI. Together, the travel to small towns in America and try to close cold cases.

My SIL is one of the producers of this show, and I've seen the rough cut of the first show -- riveting! It's a Dick Wolf (Law & Order) production, so it's sure to get some big buzz.

Besides that, the only one that looks interesting to me is Hostages.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

Sin, that sounds great! I just added it to my DVR. I was a L&O fanatic!!! (I still watch the much-decayed SVU out of sheer loyalty, although it has sucked for a few years, since my boyfriend Chris Melloni left the show.)

Jesseybell, I also hate Sunday nights CBS. I didn't know it was because of football, but I always had problems recording The Amazing Race because I never knew if it would start on time. Now it all makes sense!
    J + A

Can't wait to see what you think of it, Sky! I love that it is not a scripted show, so each case doesn't necessarily get wrapped up in a bow within the hour -- just like real life.
    "And as cliche as it may sound, I'd like to raise another round;
    If your bottle's empty, help yourself to mine
    Thank you for your time...Here's to life!"
    - Mekong

Sin - looking forward to watching it too. I don't usually check into or pay attention to new shows coming up, (too lazy I think) so I appreciate all the recommendations/reviews here - thanks everyone. Cold Justice might just be the first reality show that I don't shake my head at the end of the episode and say - 'WHY do I watch this!?' - lol In another/previous life I'm sure I was a PI/detective/criminologist or something, so love watching these kinds of shows.

I enjoy Once Upon A Time so I'm going to add the Alice in Wonderland version and see how it is but I think I may experience fairytale overload between OUAT and Grimm.

I will DVR The Goldbergs and maybe Trophy Wife. Oh Agents of Shield too.

I only know of those because we watched the ABC fall special show the other night.

I think 4 is enough to add to our already too long list.
    Last edited by akacharlotte; 09-05-2013 at 06:33 AM. Reason: grammar

Trophy Wife might get added to my list as well, just to check it out. I don't remember reading about it but I was watching Mistresses (my summer guilty pleasure which has it's season finale next week and I am convinced it won't come back) and saw a preview - I like the actress so I'll give it a try.

skyblu - Yes, because CBS football always runs over 7:00 and then they have to air the whole 60 minutes. I know you can finagle your DVR to tape more, but that is too much for me to think about. When there were shows I had to watch on Sundays, I would just tape from 8 pm - 1 am and assume I would catch everything, but the last few years I haven't bothered - I love Amazing Race, the Good Wife and the Mentalist, but I really haven't watched them in years.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

I watched the pilot for Trophy Wife last night and it was ok. I'll try at least one more episode when it starts and see. I'm browsing this thread to see what else is coming. We don't have cable so I don't see any ads. I was browsing iTunes and Hulu last night to see what pilots were available to preview, but it's hard to browse blindly. The other show I watched last night was mid-season last year I guess, the one with Sarah Chalke. I watched 2 episodes I think, kind of funny.

But I'm most excited that Season 2 of Homeland is coming to iTunes next week!

And I haven't ever watched The Good Wife, but I was thinking of picking it up from the beginning on Netflix. We'll see. OH I should see if season 2 of Mike & Molly is on netflix yet too. CBS doesn't stream their shows, which is so annoying.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Sin, we watched Cold Justice last night and I thought it was great! I'll definitely keep it. Thanks for the recommendation!
    J + A