Quantcast
Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3878868788

ACK! I am about to have a 6 year old...when did THIS happen? LOL We did DSs "big" party last year when he turned 5 (which turned into a "small" party because it poured rain on his birthday which I guess is better than a snowstorm since he is born in December!) So we only ended up having 8 kids but had invited double that number. It was fine though...we had it at a place here called "Play and Learn" which is basically an indoor playground. So that was PERFECT for a rainy day. This year we'll just have our "small" family gathering at home and then prepare for DD's "big" 5 year old bash in April. Considering inviting her whole class...right now I think not (but she just got her first public school invite to a party I'm taking her to Saturday from a boy who invited the whole class, all 20 of them!) I will use this party Saturday as a gauge for how many people actually show up when you invite an entire class. I NEVER did that growing up. I just invited my friends which was 6 or 7 kids and that was it...the rest was all my cousins! So this is new uncharted territory for me inviting kids you might not even like or who may not even like you!
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11

Our school has a rule that if you send invites to school you have to invite the whole class. We did that for one party for each of them, when they turned 5. Pretty much all of them came, which was fine since I just rented a party room at the local YMCA and was played games, had pizza and cake. I'm fine with the whole class as long as it's not at my house!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgwigan View Post
    Our school has a rule that if you send invites to school you have to invite the whole class.
    Really? If you send them? I thought that our preschool had a rule that if you handed them out at school (or put them in folders) you had to invite the whole class, but either it wasn't a rule or people didn't follow it because I know people selectively invited people and put the invites in the folders.

Our elementary school has no rule- you can hand them out at school, invite who you want, etc.

You really can do what you want either way- what are they going to do, you know? I've never heard of a rule about sending them- they can't control who you send an invitation to.

I did an evite this year, and I only invited about 5 girls from DD's class.

I meant if you send them to school to be given to the kids (put in folders or handed out in school) not actually mailing them!

Oh haha! I was thinking dang your school is really controlling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, guess I have nothing to fear about inviting the whole class in April to DD's party. If I use the party she was invited to last weekend as a gauge...outside of DD only one other kid from the class came! DD was the ONLY girl to show from school (which was fine...the kid had girl cousins who were there.) With my luck though...by April when the kids have been around each other for 7.5 months and are more used to each other (plus the weather is warmer) I will probably have the whole class show! (I am having it at an indoor trampoline place though...so it's no biggie if they do.)

But it was a fun party, I guess, considering the guest of honor himself was LATE and we got to his house BEFORE he did. Uh, apparently he and his big brother play football and they had a game the Saturday of the party. So when DD and I got there (and we weren't on time at all...started at 2 and we probably got there at 2:35) only his mom, her friend, and 2 other girls (cousins I assume) were there. Mom apologized profusely that the game went so late and promised that Dad was on his way bringing the birthday boy and his brother home. They got there about 15 minutes later. They had a moonbounce in the yard (tiny backyard but the kids loved it). It is also November so if I were a kid I wouldn't be wild about the idea of going on the moonbounce where I have to take my shoes off yet I have to put on a coat because it's 50 degrees outside (with a bit of a wind making if feel colder.) DD had on a turtleneck...so I let her out without a coat but she only bounced for 10 minutes before she collided heads accidentally with another girl, burst into tears and I took her inside. About 20 minutes later, I made an excuse to leave (said I had to take her to visit Nana)...and we took our goodie bag and went home. LOL (In our defense DD was yawning because she really needed a nap from being up early that morning.) The other boy from the class who showed up apparently adores DD (didn't know this but I quickly figured it out and when I got home and told DH some stories about him he confirmed, "Oh he likes her") because he convinced her to go out to the moonbounce and led her by the hand (along with help from the birthday boy) after DD seemed pretty content NOT going but hanging out by the cake waiting for it to be cut. ROTFL (She had been craving cake all day.) I caught this same little smitten boy trying to give DD a hug when I turned my back for a sec to talk to the birthday boy's mom. In my head I'm thinking...REALLY? And so it begins...in Pre-K no less!
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11