Quantcast
Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Sorry - I didn't finish my thought. I meant during the week, during the day... when I'm at work. Like I can take my kid to lessons at 10 AM on a Tuesday...
    CPW - 05/07/07 & HBW - 10/26/09

I know, I totally agree. There are like 6 soccer classes that are mid-day during the week and ONE on Saturday. So obviously we don't have a choice which one to do!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

The sports around here are usually in the evenings with games/scrimmages on the weekends. My life it too short to sign the little ones up for all these things right now, so maybe in a few years. The MOMS group in my area does everything weekdays at tlike 10am -totally annoying.

We skip dance for the summer so it doesn't interfere with swimming. I'd like to sign Megan up for Tball but again, it overlaps with swimming and I'm not about to be running kids to two activities in one night! Add swimming to the daily activities at daycare and she's exhausted/cranky already.

Easter was good. The girls collected all the eggs and found their baskets before they even woke me up. They probably wouldn't have even woke me, except they came in my room looking for more eggs. Oddly enough nobody was really interested in the candy. I've eaten more of it than they have. The big hit was the Spin Brush (toothbrush) I put in each of their baskets. Some plastic braclets are coming in close second. The stampers that were in the eggs are probably third.

I had DH yank Megan's lose tooth the night before. I knew it would just be drama if we waited for her to bite into some candy. So the Tooth Fairy also visited along with the Easter Bunny. The girls thought that was awesome.

We do year-round swimming at an indoor pool, so there is no 'season' for that here. I think I will do a session of soccer and then a session of dance and see... I could drop swimming for a few months if it gets really ridiculous. The dance place hasn't released their summer schedule yet (soccer is April-June) - it's all very complicated.

I decided in lieu of preschool next year (which would be a logistical *nightmare* for us, it turns out), I'm going to enroll Isabella in a few more activities. The entire effort is geared around meeting more kids in our town/around her age. I am of the mindset of not doing a billion activities, in theory, but I think with an only child & 2 working parents, it's just difficult to meet other kids so I'm hoping a few rounds of activities will help with that. Plus she LOVES the activities and social interaction- if she didn't, or doesn't, then I'll re-assess.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

We do year-round swimming, on Saturday mornings. It's the only thing he does besides preschool. He loves it!

Easter was good. B actually participated in the Easter egg hunt this year, which was great! The night before we had a little problem though. I went to get their Easter bunny gifts and I couldn't find my older son's. I KNOW that I got them both gifts at the same time, but I don't remember what I got. The only thing I can think of is that I accidentally gave it to him for his birthday! Luckily, Walmart is open until midnight and DH ran out and got him something. I felt so bad!
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09

Easter was...well, Easter. Not a really big deal...the usual dinner at MIL's where she has Easter basket's waiting for them. Usually there are some pjs or an outfit or something inside besides the candy but considering she had major eye surgery 6 weeks ago...guess she hasn't really gotten out to buy that kind of stuff (or decided against it because she's about to shop for DD's birthday). So this year they just got candy...which KJ doesn't eat (and which DD would eat but I don't need anything to make her more hyper than she already is. So she got none. In fact we left whatever I didn't eat at MIL's).

I can relate to everyone's issues with activities. DS has been in gymnastics since last June. DD was in Gymboree last summer which we stopped in August and they both did swimming (Parent-Child class...so DH and I had to be in with them.) That also ended in August. So DD has done nothing all year and DS always gets to be out and about because he goes to 3 different therapies (PT, OT and ST). I feel bad for DD so I put her on the Wait List for gymnastics at DS's gym back in November...didn't know how long the list was and had no idea how long it would take for someone to drop out of the Saturday class we wanted but in the meantime we put them in an activity at the University on Saturdays that was from February to April. Of course they called DD off the Wait List in February right as we were about to start the other activity. Figures. Luckily, I told them the situation and they said they'd hold her spot until April 27 (when the University ends). Now the problem becomes that DS goes to the gym on Thursdays. I don't want to drive 2 kids 30 minutes on 2 different days of the week. So I tried to move DS to Saturdays and put him in the same class with DD (which is a Parent-Child class so DH and I will have to be there). Lady tells me she is already holding the spot for DD...so she can't hold 2 spots 'til April 27. And now DS is on the Wait List for that class...so if he doesn't get called off by the 27th when it's time for DD to start we are just going with another gym all together. Then there's the fact that we are starting them back up in swimming next month and it's on Saturdays just like gymnastics but depending on which gym we go with it'll be either swimming first and gymnastics second on vice versa. Having 2 kids close in age is truly a logistical nightmare! (Although I guess having them far apart could be also...)
    Last edited by pocahontas; 04-01-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11

DD1 is doing ice skating and I'm thinking about signing Hailey up, too. But I find the annual fee for US Ice Skating annoying - seriously? $25? She's THREE. It's not like she's going to be competing or something.
    CPW - 05/07/07 & HBW - 10/26/09

Easter was great this year. It felt very relaxing, and I even fit in a nap while the kids napped! The best part was Ella's excitement during the Easter egg hunts- OMG, that girl LOVES to hunt for eggs!!

Activities are difficult to fit in. In the past, we stopped ballet to take swimming and then to do soccer, but we are back to ballet (which is by far both my and Ella's favorite activity). I plan on doing private swim lessons maybe starting in May or June, but that's easy because they are just at our pool so I might do them on a weekday afternoon.

We are also trying to work in gymnastics because Ella is obsessed with gymnastics (she watches the Olympics over and over on On Demand), but I'm not sure when. My friend that we do ballet with wants to stop ballet for awhile after the recital in June and start doing gymnastics on Saturday mornings, but I kind of want to continue with ballet and try to do gymnastics on a weekday afternoon. Almost all my appearances are in the morning so it's no problem at all, except when I have an unusual case like I do now that is in deposition all the time because depositions last all day.

I'd much rather do weekday mornings for swim and gymnastics, but my schedule is so unpredictable that I don't want to have to do a bunch of makeup classes. That is the one thing that really stinks about my schedule- I usually have 2-3 free mornings/days a week, but there is no way to predict what days those will be. Plus the fact that the kids are in school T/Th so those days are out.

This is Austin trying to pull a fast one on me on Easter:
    [IMG][/IMG]