Quantcast
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I just finished week 2. So far so good. I think I'm starting the intervals too fast, because I'm definitely wiped out by the last one. I've been listening to "Stuff you should know" podcasts while I run and that's been helping me not get too bored - I learned all about ninjas yesterday I've been using a couch to 5k app as well which is great so I don't have to look at a watch constantly. I like that I can listen to the podcast and the app just breaks in with instructions to run or walk.

Hopefully it warms up soon though, I much prefer running outside. Right now I've been running on an indoor track at our community center and it's got these weird heaters so every once in awhile you get a blast of heat in your face.

The C25K app is great. Though I need something more when it comes to the long runs - last time out, by the time I got to that I was running outside and was using Map My Run and had them give me vocal cues every 2:30 which was .2 miles (I "run" quite slowly - a 12:30 mile, or 4.8 mph). I need the constant reinforcement because I get so bored so easily.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Jesseybell - I've never heard of that app before. One of the reasons I stopped running last time was that I got so bored. I'm going to check it out for post C25K, I really need something telling me the time that has passed.

I can't live without it. There is an online portion to it where you can literally map your courses so you know how long they are (says elevation too) and I think you can get courses from other people (not sure if that is the paying portion, which I don't have).

I sometimes found the speed wasn't always that accurate, but as long as I had a voice that told me how long I had been running and how far, I was okay. I used it for the 3 5ks I did too. My friend was constantly asking me how far we'd gone (she used the app for training but didn't use it for races) - drove me crazy!

Good luck! I think it's great. I did the same program last summer and did my first 5K in September. It is a great program and I had a bad knee injury about 3 weeks in and was able to go back to about week 2 ( which I did twice before moving on) and still was able to do the race.

This week has been hard because DD is on spring break and I'm traveling for four days starting tomorrow. I've gotten up earlier and rolled right into my running stuff. I'm packing my running stuff to bring, which means sacrificing some clothes for my trip since I'm just bringing a carry-on. My hotel has a small fitness center so I should be able to run once to finish the week.

It's a few degrees warmer so I've been running outside, it sure makes the time go faster! I run on the university campus (which is at the end of my street), so today I was dying of thirst so I went into a building and got a drink during a walking segment - that sure was handy!

Good luck to everyone doing it/starting it. I've lost two pounds already which was a nice surprise.

Ran the first session today. I am as out of shape as I thought! It was hard, I couldn't do all the runs but I did some extra walking at the end because I didn't plan my route very well.

There is a Run or Dye race rumored to be in Sept and I think that would be a fun first race, so that is going to be my goal.
    Married 5/19/02
    Our Prince 1/14/09

I'll join! I am starting week 1 day 1 tomorrow. I won a gym membership and hope to start running, lose weight and get in shape. Fingers crossed. I'll report back as the week progresses!!

I finally started today! The weather is awesome here right now, so it was a gorgeous day to start- I was in in shorts and a t-shirt! I felt like I could have probably jogged the whole 20 min, so maybe I am not as out of shape as I thought... but I am trying to avoid injuries so I will stick with the Couch to 5k program. I've always had testy arches and ever since being pg and on bedrest, my knees and hips can act up too if I over do it.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

After taking 2 1/2 weeks off, for no good reason except wanting to sleep in, I was back at it this morning. I started back at Week 4. It felt good to be back at it - I am so mad at myself for slacking off. I am excited for week 5, but promise myself to take it easy the next week - I won't be able to do it as fast as I could 14 months ago.