Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I LOVE TRX! I'm doing an advanced class now and it's great - nothing beats doing a plank with your feet hanging in the air.

littlemia- thanks! I checked one of the videos and I think I do have it.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Tree View Post
    I LOVE TRX! I'm doing an advanced class now and it's great - nothing beats doing a plank with your feet hanging in the air.
    I'm glad someone else has heard of TRX. It's my favorite too, and I've seen results really quickly. My trainer told me that on your hand planks are harder than arms bent on your elbow planks. I haven't tried the hand planks yet.

I find my wrists get sore doing planks on my hands, so I do them with my hands on small dumbbells instead. Yesterday we had to do them up on our arms with one foot in the strap and holding up the other leg on our own - worst thing ever! I don't think hand planks are really that much harder, they just target some different areas - there's more body weight supported by your feet because you're on more of an angle, so I find my core is worked differently.

Pine Tree - It's funny that you do pushups in the bathroom because I thought of doing this as well. It sucked the wind out of my sails when I realized that our bathroom is not large enough for me to do a push-up! I was doing kind-of a modified push up against a towel bar but am afraid that if I slip for some reason I'll end up with a bad facial injury. I should actually tell DH since it would give him just a little more motivation to figure out how to make our bathroom bigger!

I've actually permanently moved the bathroom rugs around to accommodate my pushups DD has started doing them too which is hilarious to watch since her arms are about as big as pencils. I love it because by the end of the day I've done a tonne of pushups which is a full body workout and there's just no excuses, it's just what I do when I go into the bathroom.