Quantcast
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    a small drinking island with a fishing problem

I'm posting from the app so I can't post in red.

Me: Fenway, 31
    Dieting since: forever
    Program: MyFitnessPal app and RunKeeper app
    Total weight loss goal/ final weight: 170
    Known issues: lack of motivation
    Height: 5'8"
    Current weight: 201
    Challenge goal: 10 pounds.
    Last edited by Fenway; 12-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

Me: Chimichanga - Jen, 33
    DH: Steve, 37
    Dieting since: grade school
    Dieting Program: working with a personal trainer, real/whole food, BF
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight: 180
    Known issues: snacking, not working out while pregnant
    Height: 5' 9"
    Current Weight:will fill this in
    Challenge goal: -10#

I need to get back into the sing of things!!

Ugh - I totally let pregnancy be my excuse for eating and not working out. Although, I don't think the workouts I had been doing would have been safe during pregnancy...

I had lost 80# in 2011 and gained much of it back with the pregnancy. Granted, I'm down about 20# from where I was at the height of my pregnancy, I'm still not happy. I'm incredibly doughy and my thighs are huge (again - last place to lose, first place to gain). I don't want to have to buy new clothes when I go back to work in February. My tops fit okay, the pants don't.

I go for my six week in mid-January and should get cleared for workouts then. Until then, I'm planning to do some stationary bike rides - short ones, maybe 10-15 minutes - or walks when it's not crappy outside. And, DH and I will get our trainer back out. We met with him only twice last year and we'd like to meet with him at least quarterly this year.

We are going to Disney in June and I'd like to be back down to pre-pregnancy weight by then... I thought I was looking pretty good at that weight (still above my goal) but I felt good about myself. I didn't have stumps for legs. I had a flat-ish stomach. I'd like that again by June and I think I can make it happen - nursing is going to be a huge help in this.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Me: petdoc08 - Rebecca, 31
    DH: Brandon, 31
    Dieting since: pretty much my entire life
    Dieting Program: gym/sparkpeople
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight: 160
    Known issues: stress, sweet tooth, disorganization, 3 kids
    Height: 5' 7"
    Current Weight:190

I cannot loose weight while BFing. It just sticks to me. DS weaned in September so I started to get serious about loosing 3 babies worth of weight (ugh). I trained for and ran a 5k in November. Since getting serious, I am down about 30 lbs. My goal is to loose 30-40 more. I have been gaining and loosing the same 2 lbs since Thanksgiving.

Chimi How often did you meet with your trainer? I had a couple free sessions at our gym and I am considering signing up for a package. He suggested 2x a week with him and 1-2xs on my own. I would love that but it is out of the budget. I think we swing 1x a week (and me on my own 2-3x) but I'm afraid I won't see enough of a ROI.

Joining!

Me: Countrymouse, 40
    DH: 46
    Dieting Program: Weight Watchers
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight: 139
    Known issues: hate working out, love red wine
    Height: 5' 2"
    Current Weight:152
    Challenge goal: -5#

This time last year I was at my heaviest non preg weight. I lost 14 lbs in 3 months just by portion control, but put on 10 lbs throughout the year. I joined WW on Nov. 1 and have lost 7-9 lbs, which is pretty good considering the holidays. I'm still 11 lbs less than this time last year, but really, really want to stick this out and get to my goal weight by June. Eating out kills me, but fortunately now that the holidays are over we'll get back to eating at home. I do all the cooking so I can control what we eat, for the most part. I would lose quicker if I could cut out my nightly red wine, but it's my one vice (and soooo needed at the end of the day!) that I just don't want to give it up. When it warms up outside I hope to get out and walk at least a few times a week. Baby steps!
    Baby Boy 1- 2008
    Baby Boy 2- 2011!

I would like to join:

Me: numberlady, 38
    Dieting Program: none yet
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight: 50+ pounds
    Known issues: portion control, mindless eating, lack of exercise
    Height: 5' 0"

I am at my heaviest weight ever. Just never reestablished a healthy lifestyle after having my son. He is a picky eater and we have resorted to eating out several times per week. I haven't even weighed myself in a long time, so I have to dust off a scale. I want to integrate him into this lifestyle change. Looking forward to this new phase.
    Married 5/19/02
    Our Prince 1/14/09

Petdoc - we met with our trainer once a week. he comes to our house and shows us how to workout with our environment (not a gym). We knew a gym wouldn't work for us, so this is PERFECT. He would show us the workout and then we'd do it during the week. The next week he'd show us a different workout and so on. We met with him weekly for 8 or 12 weeks I can't remember. He suggested at least six weeks. After that we met every other week, then monthly. Last year we met with him twice - mostly due to my pregnancy.

It was $65 for an hour and DH and I split the hour (we usually always went longer but he never charged us more). We probably can't do weekly but hopefully monthly.

I really liked it! He customized the workout to me and realized what I was comfortable with, not yet comfortable with, etc. So he would adjust things as needed. Example - I have this irrational fear of falling when I'm leaning against a wall (leg workout or on the balance ball). It's not that I've ever fallen, I just have this fear of it. He changed the workout so I still worked out the muscles he wanted me to, but I didn't have to do THAT workout. He also pushed me when he knew I was half-assing it.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Me: VASLP/38
    Dieting since: I don't diet per se but I do get lazy with my choices at times
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight: 146
    Known issues: My social circle involves a lot of cocktails and going out to eat. I truly think the empty calories of alocohol is one of my largest downfalls- Ha! Did I just make myself sound like and alcoholic? I'm not really!
    Height: 5'7
    Current Weight: 158- at least that's what the scale said this moring. I'm pretty sure that's a lot of NYE bloat though because it's 3lbs heavier than I've been in years.
    Challenge goal: 150

I actively go to the gym a minimum of 3-4 times a week but I really need to vary my workouts more. I definitely think muscle memory is kicking in because my workouts don't seem to be as effective anymore. I'm training to run at least 3, 5-10ks this year. As mentioned above, my social life revolves a lot around going out for dinner and drinks. Especially this time of year with the weather so crappy. My biggest downfall is thinking before I go out "I'm going to be good tonight" then once I get out just eating and drinking without worry because I talk myself into "I'll just go to the gym and work it off tomorrow". That worked when I was 30, notsomuch now!
    I do really well when I use accountability apps like MyFitnessPal.com, but unfortunately I've slacked on that too. Time to buckle back down. I'm on a 10 pound tear this month!
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Week 1 Weigh-in: 143

So my strategy for this challenge is more focused on the food side. I go to the gym 2x per week, so I'm going to continue that as usual for now.

What I'm working on is:
    - more water, not Diet Coke during the week
    - portion control, stick to the suggested serving size
    - a fruit or veggie or both with breakfast and lunch (I'm already good with this at dinner)
    - packing breakfast, lunch and snacks for each day
    - using Spark People to track

starting weight: 265

Ugh! I remember the first time around when I hit that number I was so happy. Now I'm pissed I got back up there (granted for a reason, but still!!)

I rode the bike today. I only did 15 minutes and didn't go all out. I wasn't sure how I'd be - if I'd start bleeding or whatnot. But it felt good. I got warm but not sweating. I pushed it a bit but not crazy. And, DH worked out today too. I'm very proud of him for that. He got out of working out and gained weight back. He's NOT happy with his weight gain. I think with me being home this month it will help get him back on track too. He can workout during the day and I can get mine in whenever YDD is sleeping or content.

I'll probably have to go back to working out after the kids are asleep, but I'll make it work somehow. I want to be down 45 by June. Yes, it's aggressive, but I think coupled with nursing it should be do-able
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12