Quantcast
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

And that's exactly why we won't be going to Hawaii for a very long time! We've been offered my Dads time share there but I just don't think I can deal with kids and the time change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taffers- Maybe it will make the return trip easier if you've never really adjusted! I remember reading somewhere that morning people have a harder time adjusting to time differences when traveling. I'm a night owl, as is DH and both of my kids. We adjust super fast. We haven't done more than a 3hr time change yet with our kids, but so far they've adjusted right away- as in the first morning they wake up at a reasonable time for the new location. It's almost crazy! Coming back to Idaho this last time, it took slightly longer.

Ironically, day light savings time never goes as smoothly as when we travel!
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Oh really Gia?? Ok, well we are super morning people so that makes sense.

The return trip was fine. DD is always easy. I felt like DS was a bit fussier/whinier, but the poor kid was so tired and hungry. He didn't melt down or anything, just fussier. But really, we were so proud of them. They did great. We didn't get home until midnight and hadn't eaten since before our flight left about 9 hours earlier!

So here's the thing, I feel like we barely adjusted to the time change (I was seriously in bed by 9pm every night because I could not keep my eyes open). HOWEVER, once we got home, it was as if I had completely adjusted, and I have not been tired at night since! ARGH!! I have periods of insomnia though so it could just be that from traveling, being stressed about work, feeling overwhelmed with getting home right before halloween and needing to do a bunch of stuff, etc. The kids have adjusted just fine so that's what really matters.

I did a summary with photos on my blog if anyone is interested!

Wow - this thread was hard to find!

Do your kids have their own frequent flier numbers? In the past, we've only flown once every 2 years or so as a family and because our nearest airport is not a hub for a major airlines, we are not airline loyal. However, now that the kids are older, I can see us flying more often and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial for the kids to get frequent flier cards? Of course, I don't even know if airlines let kids have them.

Mine have their own FF numbers on United, SWA, and Jet Blue (which lets you combine family miles). I got them years ago when we first started flying. As long as they have their own seat, they can have a number. Since it is free, why not?

DD got her first FF number when she was 8 weeks old and we flew across the country. She has at least 4 of them. They're free so you might as well.

Mine do too, just on Delta though since we are crazy-loyal, mileage-game players. DS1 is super proud that he'll make silver this year.

Yes, DD has her own FF numbers for several airlines, but I'm not as diligent at applying the miles for her as I am for myself. I am the 'main' mileage holder because the miles credit card we have is in my name. For me it's usually too much extra crap to manage to remember my husband's and DD's FF number for each airline, but when I remember, I do it. Sometimes I email after and add it, but not always. Meh.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09