Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I, too, went with the chicco Keyfit.

I still haven't gotten a Convertible Car seat for my DS who will be one on Tuesday. It's going to be his birthday present since I have to get him something or DD will be upset. I'd love a Britax but I would also prefer not to spend that much. I've been meaning to go and actually look at the Graco MyRide that someone suggested but I haven't been able to yet. Anybody else have a suggestion or want to second the My Ride?
    Jenn...and Bill (5/25/03)
    ...and Natalie (10/10/07)
    ...and Oliver (11/12/12)

We have a Roundabout and a Cosco Scenera for DD, who is almost 1 as well. We like them both. The Britax is more cushiony, while the scenera is a harder seat. We paid $40 for it vs $140 for the Britax. If we go on a long car ride, we use the Britax. Around town, both are perfectly capable of getting the job done.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

I found the Scenera difficult to install rear facing, I use it pretty much only on airplanes or front facing. I also have the Graco My Ride, which I like a lot, almost more than the Britax! If you want to rear face longer, the market has expanded quite a lot, so you might take a look at the Graco Headwise, Diono Radian and Clek Foonf (pricey, but has 9 year life).
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

So we went to Buy Buy Baby tonight to compare car seats. They didn't have any Roundabouts but the lady did a great job of talking me out of it. Looked at the MyRides and it seemed OK. Not sure why I didn't love it. Marathon was fine but the 289 price tag didn't entice me. Oddly, she lured me in with the Maxi Cosi Pria 70, which she did because it was a lower price point. But it seems pretty comfy.

But then I went online to diapers.com where I have a $50 gift card that I haven't used and the Maxi Cosi is 249, just like the store. But the Marathons are on sale for 220 right now and I'd still get the 50 off of that. Somehow that sounds more enticing but we still kind of like the Maxi Cosi. They've both got great reviews but the Maxi Cosi only has 70 or so compared to the Britax 600. But I know that maxi Cosi is newer and bigger in Europe than here.

So does anyone have the Pria 70? Should I just go for the Marathon because with the sale and my gift card, it's drastically more affordable than I thought it would be?
    Jenn...and Bill (5/25/03)
    ...and Natalie (10/10/07)
    ...and Oliver (11/12/12)