Quantcast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hey ladies, I have a question. My 5-year old son is finally outgrowing his Britax Boulevard. The top of his head is within 1 inch of the top of the car seat now. I've been looking at boosters, and am loving the Britax 90, but my husband is balking at the price. We would need two of them, because my husband often takes our son to school, and then I pick him up.

Does anyone have a different booster they love that is tops in safety/ ease of installation? I would love to show DH some other options.

TIA!

I just bought a Britax Roundabout 55 for DD since she's very close to the limit in height on her SnugRide, but now I'm starting to second guess myself and am thinking of returning it and getting a Marathon instead since it will last longer. Then I remember that DS was very tall as a baby/toddler and the Roundabout may last until DD is ready for a booster. We used a Boulevard for DS, which we were very happy with, but we are on a tighter budget now.

Should I just stick with the Roundabout or splurge for the Marathon? I could use that extra money to buy a Scenera for our nanny's car. We still need to buy a seat fro DH's car too.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

I would stick with the roundabout. We have a roundabout and a marathon. They are pretty much the same to me in terms of pros and cons and there is NO way DD will stay in the marathon to 70lbs. I'm already ready to move to her to a nautilus and she's only 35lbs. I wouldn't spend the extra $ personally.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I agree with Laura. We got a roundabout (50 I think) and used it from about 9 months until 4. At 4 we moved DS to a high back booster not because he outgrew it but because we were ready to. He has always been at about 75th percentile but still wasn't at the height or weight limit when we moved him. Over the last 6 months he has had a massive growth spurt and we likely would have to move him soon anyways.
    Married 5/19/02
    Our Prince 1/14/09

We moved DD from the Marathon to the Britax Frontier. She's almost 6 but is still using the 5 point harness without complaints. We do have a booster she can move into that we bought for travel but if she's not complaining, I'm not moving her.

Unfortunately, she moved from the Marathon to the Frontier when we had a little fender bender and the insurance company bought a new seat. Seemed like a great idea at the time but now I have nothing to move DS into from his Snugride. So he's still using it. We do leave it in the car sometimes but it sure is easier to pop him in that in the morning before we leave because I can still grab whatever else I need before we run out the door.

But I already am getting over the tendonitis known as Mommy Thumb so I'd like to not throw my back our carrying him in the Snug Ride. He just turned 9 months and he's probably in the 19 pound range, I think? I don't remember! So do I start shopping for a new Marathon or is there something else I should be considering? I did a fair amount of research the first time and don't think I can handle doing it all over again.
    Jenn...and Bill (5/25/03)
    ...and Natalie (10/10/07)
    ...and Oliver (11/12/12)

I would get a graco myride65, because it's cheaper than the britax and IMO just as good. But like I said, I am not at all planning to keep DD in her convertible seat for the max weight duration so spending $300 on the seat was pointless to me (in hindsight). Between us and grandparents we have a Marathon70 (primary), Roundabout50 (secondary), myride65 (at my in laws) and nautilus (at my parents). I think they're all fine. This one has an annoying buckle, or this one isn't as cushy, etc, but overall they are all safe and they are all fine. So for me, I would rather pay less. If only I could tell my past self!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Thanks. I decided to stick with the Roundabout. It fits beautifully in my Forester and takes up less space than the Snugride.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Is Graco Snugride still the safest infant seat for the money? My SIL is due in January and wants a recommendation for car seats. Thanks!

My sister had the Chicco Keyfit and I LOVED it way more then my Snugride. The base was more narrow and it had anice 'one hand' pull for tightening the LATCH when doing an install.
    Tara and Terry: May 13, 2006
    Elizabeth Vittoria: December 21, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by lil_geek View Post
    My sister had the Chicco Keyfit and I LOVED it way more then my Snugride. The base was more narrow and it had anice 'one hand' pull for tightening the LATCH when doing an install.
    I have the Chicco Keyfit and love it. I don't have anything to compare it to, but after viewing a few car seats in the store, we went with the Keyfit. No regrets at all.
    "I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. I Samuel 1:27
    My miracle boy, Trey Marcellus: 11/21/2012