Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I gave our cheap folding one away because apparently it was really cheap and only had a 20# weight limit -it was a PITA to push, couldn't steer.

I still have a sit stand. We haven't used it since last fall. I took it to a festival and it about killed me trying to push it plus 80# of kid in it. Maybe at someplace paved, like the zoo it would still work. But I really just think the kids are old enough to walk around now. I just don't make plans for us to go somewhere where they'd be walking ALL.DAY.LONG.

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

I just sold my P&T Explorer double for a Kinderwagon Hop. It's a stadium seated umbrella that folds super small. I just ordered it. It should be here tomorrow. It wouldn't be my first choice based on appearance, but the small fold won me over.

For a single, I ordered a Baby Jogger Mirco. It's discontinued because they just came out with the Mini, so I got it for $80. It folds completely flat with one hand. Love it.
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

Megan: Honestly for even an occasional zoo trip I would skip it. I have a friend with a 4 year old and 2 year old and the reason she hasn't bought a double for them is because of the weight limits. She hasn't found something that goes over 40 lbs and her 4 year old is already that heavy. What I do when I take the kids to the zoo is take our cheapy Graco single. DS rides in it and when DD gets tired, she sits in it and holds DS. Wouldn't work for everyone, but our sit and stand wasn't worth the space it took up, the money it cost, and DD was far past stroller age when I thought it would be useful.
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

Another option is getting a decent single (did I mention I LOVE the Micro??) with a kick board that attaches to the back for a second child to ride on.
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

I have a (very small) 5.5 year old and 2 year old. We have never had a double. For Disney we rented. When we did the zoo last year we took 2 single umbrellas (mine and my mom's) - if we hadn't had that option we would have just made ODD walk or rented a zoo stroller.

We have a riding board on our Valco and I HATE it! I am always kicking it and DD is fidgety and HEAVY!! I think you are at the point where you would only MAYBE use it this year and by next the oldest should be able to walk for most occasions (we are renting a double for Disney again though - that is a LONG week of walking!)

That Kinderwagon Hop is AWESOME! If we have another I would totally go for it!
    Tara and Terry: May 13, 2006
    Elizabeth Vittoria: December 21, 2007