Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Double Strollers, vol. 3

Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

I think we may be about to venture into the land of double strollers. I figured I wouldn't bother since the boys are about 3 years apart, but at 4 years old, DS1 still asks to ride in the strolled sometimes, mostly when we're headed to the doctor and he's already tired. However, our travel system stroller isn't working well anymore, the front wheels pop off and I think something in the plastic snapped and they don't fit back on well. Plus, my sister just had a little girl and they live just a few blocks away, so I'm sure I'll get some use out of it with DS2 and my niece.

Anyway... is a double a silly idea for us? Would a sit n stand just be a better idea? We'll use it for sure with both boys in February on a trip to see MIL in Hawaii, and again over the summer at DisneyLand. Any thoughts on a sit n stand vs. double? I was eyeing up the Baby Trend Millenium double jogging stroller. Is it a waste of money if I don't jog? Or should I just go find a decently priced single? I thought I avoided all this research when MIL bought the travel system 4.5 years ago!!! TIA!

ETA: It's entirely possible we'll have a third. Not for sure, but we'd aim for at least the 3 year spacing again, possibly a bit more because of a family wedding in England, and we'd just TTC when we get home, so about May 2014.
    Married 7.3.04 Henry 10.29.08 Charlie 11.19.11

We didn't bother with a true double. DD was 3 years and 4 months when DS was born, and by that time she was pretty much done with riding in a stroller. Honestly, I think this depends on your older kid. I bought a sit and stand when DS was a baby, and we've used it less than 10 times in his 18 months of life. DD is usually just fine walking everywhere now, but she's never been a runner or one that I need to contain. If her personality was different and she didn't listen when we were out and about, I would definitely use the sit and stand more. When DS was about 8 months old I bought a single stroller and it's been just fine for us. We rarely go anywhere that is so long that DD gets tired of walking, and when we do I can wear DS and DD can ride in the stroller for a bit. I'm looking at selling our sit and stand.
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrincess View Post
    I'm looking at selling our sit and stand.
    Too bad we live no where near each other, I'd be happy to buy one second hand! I don't think we'll end up with a double.... but I'm still on the fence. I just sort of wish DH would find what he thinks is a good deal and get something. I'm much better at adapting to what's available than researching and choosing my own these days, lol. Thanks!
    Married 7.3.04 Henry 10.29.08 Charlie 11.19.11

a small drinking island with a fishing problem

Does anyone have the Kinderwagon Hop?
    http://www.diapers.com/p/kinderwagon...%7Bkeyword%7D#
    Chloe 8/2010 Oliver 7/2012
    At the beach life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour, but mood to moment.
    We live by the currents, plan by the tides and follow the sun.

I don't, but I have a friend that does. She's really crunchy (ie not a fan of strollers and baby wears a lot) but loves it! She really likes the stadium seating. Her kids are 3.5 and 17 mos old. I don't have any more info on it (I've never pushed it or anything) other than she's really glad she made that purchase.
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

Bumping...

I'm trying to get rid of my cumbersome Graco duo glide stroller and considering getting a Sit N Stand stroller -I'm looking on Craigslist for a used one. The Baby Trend Sit & Stand is saying there's a weight limit of about 40lbs for the sit seat in the back and the front seat is also good til about 40lbs. Is this true? Can anyone stear me to something that would be better for me?

My boys are 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 and about 40ish pounds and 34ish pounds-I'm really just considering getting one for very occassional use and would probably only use it for another year. Thoughts -should I just skip it? I'm thinking I'll end up being disappointed and out the $ for the Baby Trend one.

I would probably just skip it, but that's just me. What types of occasions would you use it? If it's all places like zoo whatever, I would probably just rent a double for the day there and you would save money. We rented a stroller at Storyland so we wouldn't have to bring ours and it wasn't as nice as ours, but it was totally fine for our needs. DD is also 3.5 as you know and I think her stroller days are numbered. It's becoming more of a battle than it's worth to be honest.

However, my BFF insisted on getting a double for her kids and her DD rode in it on occasion until at least age 7... she got a side by side combi b/c that was the highest weight limit she could find IIRC, and a reasonable price point. Plus it had a high head clearance b/c her DD was already too big for several doubles on the market as she's very tall.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I would only use it at the zoo and when we park faaar away or an amusement park or something like that -probably anywhere that I'd have an option to rent one. Good point about renting one -I always forget about stuff like that. My 3.5 yo loves riding in the stoller so I felt a bit sorry for him that I already gave our single stroller away the last time I took him to a Dr appt at the hospital -he goes -"where's the stoller?" sorry buddy- you're big enough to walk it now!

Haha. You could always get one of those cheapy folding ones if you just want to have a single. There are occasions where I will keep DD in the stroller for as long as possible- like the farmer's market. She could walk there but it's kind of a nightmare w/ crowds, etc. Also it's nice to be able to put all our junk we buy in the stroller! But for double use, I would probably just rent. It cost us $6 to rent one, it was awesome. I'm sure even with adding up all the rental fees you would save money in the long run over buying another double.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09