Quantcast
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I have a Marathon and currently have it rear facing for my son. He's 13.5 months old and about 20 lbs. His legs don't look comfortable.. Can I change him to forward facing? I thought the CA Law changed but when I looked it up I read that over a year and 20 lbs or over forward okay.. Just wanted second options..

TIA
    Emi
    Married in 2003
    Mason joined us to make us a family of 3.5 ~ 2006

By law, yes you can turn him. But FWIW, I kept DD RF until she was probably 32+lbs and 36" (3 years old) and she never once complained about being uncomfortable. But YMMV.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Thx Laura.. :-D I will try to keep him RR until he screams bloody murder then.
    Married in 2003
    Mason joined us to make us a family of 3.5 ~ 2006

Mine are almost 3 and still rear-facing too. They have never once complained- they don't know any different though (no older siblings facing forward). As their legs have gotten longer, they just kind of cross them.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

My kids RF until 2 1/4, 2 3/4 respectively and the youngest is still RF, but she's a peanut at almost 2 (only 25 pounds), so she'll probably outdo all of them.
    My Projects - House stuff, sewing, gardening, etc....
    #1 - Andrew Wyatt, our angel #2 - Nora Grace (8/06) - our VBAC rainbow baby, #3 - Joshua Edward (9/08) - another VBAC, #4 - Charlotte Jane(2/11)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureLamGirl03 View Post
    I have a Marathon and currently have it rear facing for my son. He's 13.5 months old and about 20 lbs. His legs don't look comfortable.. Can I change him to forward facing? I thought the CA Law changed but when I looked it up I read that over a year and 20 lbs or over forward okay.. Just wanted second options..

TIA
    Emi
    The California rear facing law hasn't changed yet, but the AAP already recommends rear facing until age two. If you can keep him RFing, it really is best.

My oldest RF'd until 2yrs 10mos.

My twins just turned around forward when they were 3yrs 11mos. Their legs were bent and my mom gave me the hardest time about them being uncomfortable. It didn't bother them all that much, but when they turned FFing they started complaining that their legs hurt from dangling down. Really, it's nicer to have your feet up, even if your knees are bent, than have your legs dangling.

My daughter rear faced in her Marathon until after her 3rd birthday and she always runs at ~90% for height. She never had a problem with her legs bothering her. DS is 19 mos and will rear face until he hits the limits of the seat.
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

Do car seats typically go on clearance during a certain time of year? I'd been trying to keep my eyes open for clearance sales but haven't seen any & am looking to get a new seat for my DS2...really hoping that I'd be able to nab a Graco nautilus on clearance somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgwigan View Post
    Do car seats typically go on clearance during a certain time of year? I'd been trying to keep my eyes open for clearance sales but haven't seen any & am looking to get a new seat for my DS2...really hoping that I'd be able to nab a Graco nautilus on clearance somewhere!
    Target has car seats and other baby items on clearance this time of year. Not sure if the Nautilus is included though.

http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus...graco+nautilus

mcg (and anyone else to whom this would be useful) -- I just ordered a second Graco Nautilus from Amazon this morning...$129! I haven't seen it within at least $30 of that anywhere else in the last 6 months (and I've been looking ). I actually thought it was a misprint when we ordered the first one a couple of months ago, but it seems to be right. It's just this one color, but it's perfectly fine for us. And now we have two of them. Hoping to get through at least the next 3 years or so before needing to buy any more carseats!
    Leo 12/5/08 ...and Ivy 7/26/12