Quantcast
Page 3 of 196 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thanks for the excursion tips. Going to a beach where the boys can snorkel with my DH would be nice. I can hang out on the sand with DD while they're in the water. I'm not big into snorkeling so I have no problem skipping out on that. If DD was older I would think about leaving her in the kids club for a couple of hours while we were on land but she'll have just turned 3 when we're on the cruise.

Beth-how scary for you. WOW. I can't even imagine. I would have had a heart attack.

Not much help on prices since this is our first Disney cruise and our last cruise was 10 years ago! We booked through a travel agent and we are getting a $100 on board credit and she'll also adjust the price if prices go down. Would you be using a TA or going through Disney?

Beth - We just went this past October - we were there from Sept. 29th through Oct 7th. It was definitely hot and humid, it was at least 85 degrees every day, usually hotter, with close to 100% humidity. It did rain every day (except one) but the rain didn't affect us at all except for one day. Most days it rained for 20 minutes or so and then stopped, we could usually take cover and wait it out without too much hassle. The one day it affected us, it poured cats and dogs for an hour and we had to run through it to get to a dinner res. That was the only day the rain was a bummer. But, it can rain anytime in Florida. I took DD for spring break in 2010 and one day it poured all day long, without a moments break. That stunk. Despite all that, I would definitely choose October over August. Although you can't guarantee it will be cooler or dryer, you can guarantee that the crowd levels will be lower. September and early October (with the exception of Columbus Day weekend) are low crowd periods and if it is stinking hot and wet, I'd much rather be there with fewer people than with a gazillion people. We never had to wait for more than 15 minutes for any ride while we were there.

After a lot of debating, I think we are going to hold off on Disney until the baby is 2...so 2014!! We went back and forth but think for now that we will do something low key! I'm a bit bummed because this year is also our 10 year anniversary but the hubby pointed out that 21 months old was difficult, imagine 15 months! He thinks the boys at the ages they are now would be just as thrilled with Sesame Place and Dutch Wonderland! I agree with him but I was looking forward to seeing my 3 year olds reaction in Disney World!! We will see if things change...haha!!

I booked it. Eeeeeek!!!!!!

Yay! What room category did you decide to go with? Did you use a travel agent or did you book direct with DCL?
    "It's a great day for hockey!" - Badger Bob Johnson (1931 - 1991)

Kaitlyn builds a space shuttle!

I booked a verandah room (5C) through Dreams Unlimited (the TA that runs disboards). They offer shipboard credit and right now they are asking for a 10% deposit, so I went with them. I really debated going through Costco because I'd get a huge Costco cash card, but I think I might need some hand-holding so this seemed like a good bet.

So if you book through a TA, can you still book excursions etc. through DCL online? When do you find out things like your dining rotation, etc.? When do you book excursions? For some reason in all of my reading on the disboards I've not found this info. I'm sure it is there, I just haven't even looked!!

You will be able to book your own excursions on the DCL site after your cruise is paid in full. You can use your reservation number to log onto the DCL site and check everything out. Since you are a first time cruiser, I believe you are allowed to book excursions, spa services, adult meals, etc., at the 75 day mark. I think it's 75 days for first timers, at least. It might be 60 days. You will get your dining rotation when you board.
    "It's a great day for hockey!" - Badger Bob Johnson (1931 - 1991)

Kaitlyn builds a space shuttle!

Yay Grenouille!!!! I'm counting down the days until I can book everything! Still undecided about shore excursions. Lucy is right it's 75 days out for first time DCL passengers. From what I've read the only things that go quick are the cabanas on Castaway Cay-which is fine b/c I didn't plan on getting one anyway.

It's funny, with obsessing about this cruise in 8 months I haven't even thought about the quick Disney trip I'm taking with a friend and her two children next month. We are only doing Hollywood Studios and maybe DIsney Quest at Downtown Disney. We were going to do Epcot also but after booking realized DS8 has two hockey games on the day we were coming home so we're leaving Saturday instead of Sunday.
    I booked lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe, I figured the kids would get a kick out of that.

Grenouille very cool! My two SILs along with some cousins went on a cruise recently and had so much fun that I wish I had gone with them. And yesterday we were at MIL's house who lives on a canal close to Port of Tampa where the cruise ships come right by her house. We waved to three ships in a row that were leaving port and it looked so fun and festive that I think maybe I do want to do a cruise. So I think I'll start checking out DCL.
    Last edited by dragonfly_71; 12-03-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks, LVP. I woke up this morning with buyers remorse, but I'm keeping the cruise booked for now. If we go, it means no trip to Disneyland at all in 2013 and that would be sad!

Jen, we are also doing a quick trip to WDW next month and I almost forgot to buy tickets! I've been so wrapped in deciding on the cruise.