Quantcast
Page 1 of 196 1231151101 ... LastLast

Default The Disney Thread 2

Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

I'll kick off this thread with the million dollar question...

Grenouille - did you make a decision on your cruise yet? LOL
    "It's a great day for hockey!" - Badger Bob Johnson (1931 - 1991)

Kaitlyn builds a space shuttle!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Van Pelt View Post
    I'll kick off this thread with the million dollar question...

Grenouille - did you make a decision on your cruise yet? LOL
    Lol!!! I am so horribly indecisive! I go back and forth and back and forth. I talk myself into the cruise, then remember that on top of the expensive cruise I have to pay for airfare, excursions, and a hotel for a night before our trip, and I realize it is really really expensive. If we didn't just have some unexpected house and medical expenses I'd probably do it now, but I'm so worried I'll book and then have even more expenses come up, and have to cancel, or something. Sometimes I hate being an adult.

But hey, I'd get to meet a CC member and my kids could have pre-arranged "friends" in the kids' club, and how cool would that be?? And I will only turn 40 once, right?

Yeah, it is a huge decision to spend so much money. I would say it was a hard decision for us, but after just our three day, we re-booked without giving it a second thought. I know what you mean about unexpected house expenses too. We had had a few of those lately and I honestly think that if we didn't have friends AND my parents booked on the cruise with us, we may have canceled as well. As of today, we are 160 days, 16 hours (3856 hours) from sailing. It seems so far away, but when we booked, we were well over 10,000 hours away so it is getting closer...

I know we will love it (look at me talking like it is a done deal) but I need to feel OK about spending the money first, I guess.

Also, I think the REAL million dollar question for the new Disney thread is:

Are you still banned from Disboards?

I hope you end up booking the cruise Grenouille! But I get it, it's nerve wracking spending that much money not knowing what else might come up in the next 9 months. Doesn't your mom live near the Orlando area? Could you stay with her the night before? The airfare part is hard, luckily being 2 1/2 hours away from Port Canaveral we'll just drive to my brothers in the am and he'll drop us off.

Lucy I can't imagine them banning you for this long! Although it wouldn't surprise me, they are hardcore over there.

My banishment is over, but I'm not posting anymore. I logged in to try and delete my account and/or my posts, but I don't see a way to do that. I logged myself out and don't plan on even posting or even logging in there again. Assholes. :P

Jen - you are doing an eastern Caribbean as well, right? Have you started looking at any excursions? Are your ports St. Maarten and St. Thomas or do you go to Puerto Rico instead of St. Maarten?

We are doing Eastern and our ports are St. Maarten and St. Thomas. We're having a tough time with excursions b/c DD will only be 3 but my boys will be 9 and 7 so we're limited as to what we can do as a family. Any suggestions?

Okay, I need some Disney World advice!!! We took our 21 month old son in September 2011 to Disney World. Stayed at the Beach Club and had a wonderful time...HOT, but wonderful. On average it was 91+ degrees and humid each day. My soon to be 3 year old has been asking us to go back and we are throwing around the idea of going back in 2013. Here are two scenarios...which would be most appealing to you??

August 2013--We would be going for 10 days, hitting the parks and SeaWorld which my 3 year old is very excited about visiting. We would stay at Animal Kingdom in a savannah view room. My 2nd son would be almost 15 months at this point so we would still with a schedule of early to the parks, back to the hotel by 12-1pm for a nap while 3 year old hits pool area with daddy, 4pm dinner and then heading back to the same park to hang out for the evening. We would have a rental car so coming and going was pretty easy last time with the rental. My husband would only have to take 40 hours of PTO and I would have to take none because I am a teacher and have the summers off.

October 2013--We would be going for 5 days...7 days really but two are travel days. We would stay at the same place, same idea. Only difference would be that I would have to take 4 personal days from work and a deduct day (no pay day) in order to go. The biggest pull for October...the weather. We went in August before we had kids and while it was out...we were adults and we swam/hit the water parks often!! When we went in September 2011 it was HOT and HUMID and I was pregnant so maybe it was more awful than it really was in my head...but it was pretty awful to me. My 21 month old at the time didn't seem to be bothered.

So, opinions?? Have you done August with kids? The only thing pulling me towards August is the idea that no matter what, we will be heading back to the room from 12-3 for a nap...that is a given...so that is the hottest part of the day and if we are inside or in the pool then it won't be that bad. At this point I just need to make a decision but it would be nice to have some one weighing in.

Well by going in October you can got to Mickeys Not so Scary Halloween party which we just did and loved!

Even though August is super hot there is still a chance it will be just as hot in October or you could get lucky and have nice weather. Money and missed days of work aside I'd probably choose October. I love the fall decorations and the Halloween party.