Quantcast
Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Due in 2013

Default Due in 2013

I noticed that there are some other pregnant mommas on the board, so I thought we could start more of an informal discussion thread here. I know the demographic of the board is getting older and we just don't have the numbers for monthly groups like we used to, but I thought I'd see if anyone was interested.

I am due Feb. 26 (the day after my 30th birthday) with baby No. 3. We have two girls -- 4.5 and 2.5. We are not finding out the sex of this one, and we didn't with the girls, either. DD2 (a VBAC) was 10 days late, so I figure this one will come in early March.

I have to run, but that is my little intro for now. I hope there are a few others who want to chat!

I am due not long after you...March 5th so I'm 18 weeks now. I have a DS who is 3. We've been told this baby is a girl (through genetic testing I had last month). I have my anatomy scan next week. This pregnancy has been more difficult physically than my first. Right now I'm struggling with frequent Braxton Hicks. I have placenta previa and a couple of weeks ago I had a ton of BH and then had bleeding as well. My OB said the contractions irritated the placenta to the point where it bled. So I'm trying to take it easy but even just a little activity (like polishing my toenails this morning!) makes them act up.

I'm due April 28th with baby #4. I have a 5 1/2 year old DS and 1 year old boy/girl twins. I'm a little freaked out to be having another one! My last pregnancy was horrible, but this one seems to be going better. I'm at least able to function through the morning sickness this time with the help of zofran. I can't wait to get out of the first tri!
    DS: 11-20-2006
    Boy/Girl Twins: 4-3-2011
    DD 4/3/2013

I'd like to join - thanks for starting, Becky. Congratulations to all of you. I am due in March with twins. I also have DS (5) and DD (3). I had a rough first tri, as I usually do, but have been feeling much better (yay!) for the past few days.

I have a trip to Europe coming up next week and a quick ultrasound appointment on Tuesday before I leave. Then I have my amnios for each baby on the 22nd. (Becky, I admire your restraint in not finding out the gender - I have no such self-control).

Will pop in again soon!

Hi! I am due April 16, which also happens to be my husbands 40th. This is baby #2, my son will be 4 in May.
    Kyle Jordan 5/2/09---such a prince

Philly girl at heart <3

Hi! I haven't posted on here in ages, but I checked in and saw this thread. I am due April 26 with baby #3. Our boys are 5 and 2.5. The new baby should arrive a week or two after DS2 turns 3.

amew- So we meet again! How have you been?

cherry- So glad to see you are here, and with twins? Wow! Congrats!

salysaturn- April 16 is the day before my DD1's birthday!

Delaney- Congrats to you! You sure will be busy. I'm glad to hear this pregnancy is going better than your last. This has, by far, been my worst pregnancy.

Diam- Yikes. Do they expect your placenta to move up? I sure hope so. I have been having some BH for a few weeks now, but nothing like you describe.

AFM- Well, I had my 20-week ultrasound on Monday, and everything looks good. Our doctor's office finally got a 3D/4D machine, so at the end she switched to that and gave us a look at the baby that way. It was the first time I ever had a 3D/4D ultrasound. Baby was measuring about a week ahead at this point.

I'm not sure if any of you have seen my thread in Health and Fitness, but I had back surgery about four weeks ago. I had some preexisting back problems that were only getting worse during pregnancy, and I was so worried about how bad it was going to get. You can read more about it there if you want, but basically I had a herniated disc (an "enormous" herniation, according to my surgeon, who I saw yesterday), and the numbness and tingling I had was extending into my inner thigh and genital area, so they were worried about something called cauda equina syndrome, which can cause you to lose bowel or bladder control/function. I have not been functioning normally in my daily life since April, when all this started. I was in excruciating pain (mostly in my leg) all day, every day. So anyway, I opted for surgery, and it was such a good decision. I have been doing great since the surgery, and at my post-op visit yesterday, the doctor was really pleased with my recovery. I am SO happy I had the surgery. I feel like my life is getting back to normal, even though I am still taking it easy with my lifting and bending.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeckyLP
    Diam- Yikes. Do they expect your placenta to move up? I sure hope so. I have been having some BH for a few weeks now, but nothing like you describe.
    I had my anatomy scan yesterday and my placenta is now next to the baby. So either it did move up or else the OB screwed up and misinterpreted the u/s! I'm guessing it was the latter. Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore!

I know, my Braxton Hicks are insane. I had them last time too at least 1 an hour from 17 weeks up until I delivered at 39 weeks. This baby is super active (as was DS) and I can feel her moving around constantly. I wonder if that has something to do with the contractions.

I'm glad you're feeling much better following your surgery!

I'm due on January 25th with a girl (my first - although I have an 11 y.o. stepson). I'll be 42 when she's born. We had a long road getting to this point, but the pregnancy has been pretty easy so far - thank goodness!