Quantcast
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

My DD doesn't do pants with buttons, but fortunately she will wear dresses, so mostly she wears dresses or tunics and leggings. However, for regular pants, I have found Carter's cotton pants to be a much slimmer, nicer fit than either Old Navy or Gap cotton pants or yoga pants. Those are WAY too wide on my DD and they just look odd. These are from the toddler section, not sure if they have them for bigger girls... they call them yoga pants, but they are a nice slim fit IMO:
    http://www.carters.com/null/Yoga-Str...r-girl-bottoms

ETA: I also really like Tea bootcut leggings for regular pants.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Quote Originally Posted by E&O View Post
    PineTree- I know you said no sweatpants- but what about a few pair of black/gray yoga pants that would go with a variety of tops. I feel they have a more put together feel than sweats. They can be work with sneakers or some cute ballet flats to dress it up a bit. But I guess that was a pretty obvious answer.

Like someone else mentioned, leggings were big for my daughter thoughtout the winter last year.

Also, I notice a lot of times, my DD doesn't even unbutton her pants. I guess they have just enough "give" that she can get them over her hips with the button still fastened. So maybe you can see if that works with a few of pants with buttons.
    Ditto - I like that kids 'sweat pants' have a straight or slight flair leg... not the elastics at the bottom!

Also - my DD can usually pull jeans on and off without undoing. If it has an adjustable waist I leave it loose enough to easily stretch over her (non existent) hips. I also have this 'dapper snapper' , I bought it when DD was really young to keep her pants on, but have found that as she get's taller and leaner I need to use it again (needs 5 length but only like a 3 waist!) It keeps her pants up, but has enough stretch to pull down.
    Tara and Terry: May 13, 2006
    Elizabeth Vittoria: December 21, 2007

Thanks everyone, that's super helpful! I am not a jeans/t-shirt person and so even though I let DD express herself in her clothes, I do like the individual pieces to actually be nice for school. Not necessarily brand names, but at least nice. It drives me crazy when girls wear things like leggings with regular t-shirts instead of tunics or dresses.

YES, Pine Tree, me too!

I'm dying to try those elastic trousers for DD from Mini Boden, but at $42 each, I'm going to need to wait for a pretty significant sale. Especially considering she probably won't even wear them - but she will only wait to decide that after I've already taken off the tags.

My DD won't wear jeans at all so I think I'm going to skip them this season and see how she feels next season. She loves dresses and skirts so I o lots of those with leggings. I'm also a big fan of the Carters Yoga pants (they do make them for older girls). I have a couple pairs of cargos from Childrens Place with the ribbed knit waist that can be rolled up into capris. Those might be options for kids not ready for snaps and zippers. My daughter doesn't always like them though because she says they are "tight" which must mean the fabric isn't stretchy instead of actually being tight.

Has anyone tried the colorful knit pants at Old Navy that look like jeans but aren't denim? I was hoping they might be an option for DD but I haven't seen them in person. They do have a snap and zipper which might make them impossible but I'm not sure.
    Jenn...and Bill (5/25/03)
    ...and Natalie (10/10/07)
    ...and Oliver (11/12/12)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post
    My DD wears slim and I bought hers at Gap and Gymbo. With sales, I paid about $10 per pair. They have multiple styles and shades and just enough bling to make DD happy without me cringing.
    Ditto. I am still on the fence about some of the clothes DD1 got for her birthday this weekend, lol
    LJ
    Anastasia 8.10.07 * Surprise #2 June 2010

lil_geek: thanks for the rec on the dapper snapper. I was looking for an alternative to a belt, this looks great!
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    YES, Pine Tree, me too!

I'm dying to try those elastic trousers for DD from Mini Boden, but at $42 each, I'm going to need to wait for a pretty significant sale. Especially considering she probably won't even wear them - but she will only wait to decide that after I've already taken off the tags.
    Yeah, but then you could resell them and get mostly what you paid for them LOL.

I never buy boden at full price, there are always coupons. Right now the best is 15% off and free shipping/free returns. Code AD15.
    Eve Eleanor arrived June 5, 2007
    Graham Alexander arrived February 27, 2010
    George Derek arrived October 17, 2014

boiler: haha, true!