Quantcast
Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

I hope you feel better diam!

We just booked a quick last minute trip to Vegas, and I'm excited! The rates are so low right now that we got a gigantic 1 bedroom suite. I always want a really nice room when we travel with kids because we spend a lot of time in the room with naps, etc. The only bad part is it's going to be around 103-105- YUCK. At least it's a dry heat because I cannot deal with humidity!

taffers Have fun!! Suites making traveling with kids so much better!!

Nothing much new here -90's and humid. Even Austin was done with playing outside after about 30 minutes on the slip n slide after we got home today. He's laying in bed watching a movie until bedtime. We don't have much planned for this weekend -think we'll just lay low & try to stay cool!

taffers Have a great trip!
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post

Isabella is now and always has been all about mommy. It is worse the more time we spend together
    This is my DD also...I don't know what she's going to do next month when I go back to school. She's not too bad with DH though since she is a Daddy's girl in the sense that she loves to snuggle up next to him just long enough to get him curled around her finger. Then she's back to following me around the house again, whining for me to pick her up and screaming bloody murder if she can't fall asleep in my bed rather than in her crib. *sigh* DS used to be all about Mommy for like the first year...but after he figured out that Mommy is the hard ass who makes him eat all his dinner and doesn't tolerate a lot of his nonsense while DH is far more lenient, he has since become more about Daddy (though he is still quick to snuggle up to Mommy when he sees me pick up a book since I'm the one who reads to him and he adores books.) But admittedly, DH has much more leverage than I do and can get him to do things I can only dream of. Prime example, he hates anything gross motor practice related and protests with me but DH can get him to do anything the PT can't get him to. So I guess there's something to be said for being the "patiently empathetic" parent. LOL
    At 24w 4d my little boy...became an angel 11/7/07
    Rainbow baby arrived 12/6/09!

Added a dash of PINK 4/9/11

We've struggled with B connecting with his Daddy. When he was born, we started doing the "divide and conquer" parenting strategy, and since I was breast feeding and DH doesn't really like babies anyway, DH took older DS and I had little B. It's been hard to get out of that habit. Especially since DH got offended when B wasn't as bonded with him as he was with me (uh, maybe that's because you ignored him for the first year of his life, hon?). B is slower to warm up to people than my older son and a lot of people (like my dad) have found this challenging.

It's better now. I found I had to force the situation by switching up the kids. Recently, I have insisted that me and DH switch off taking B to swim class, which has been working out great. (And I love taking older DS because I don't have to get in the pool!) I took older DS down to my dad's for the day, leaving DH and B together. While I still think B prefers me, he's warmed up to his father a lot.
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09

Austin's all about mama until I do something wrong or he's not getting his way, then he'll start yelling for daddy...it's hilarious!! Really though, I think that he's mama's boy -he'll climb into bed to snuggle with me in the morning if I'm still sleeping, tried to get me to lay down with him at night and will routinely want me to hald/carry him, but I see him going for DH quite a bit too. If he sees a blonde woman on TV, he'll say "That's mama! MY mama!!" even though it very clearly isn't. I'm not quite certain if he really thinks that, or if he's pulling my leg.

Well, Ella's daddy phase lasted all of 2 days! Of course, then I just complain about it the other way, as I'm trying to leave the house, and she is crying for me not to leave. The grass is always greener! Ella also cries for the other parent when she's mad at one of us. Like she has been ALL about me today, except when I put her in time out, and then it was "I WANT DADDY!"

Tracie: That was our situation too with Ella. She was more of a mama's girl as a baby (but not hugely- she really wasn't super attached to either of us- she would go to anyone), then around 1ish she started turning and for about a year, I honestly thought she hated me. She *never* wanted me, and we finally figured out that it was because even though I was often with her all day, daddy did her bath and put her to bed every single night (and fed her the nighttime bottle, which I think may be the one where you most connect). I started doing bedtime routine, and it helped a ton. It was all about me since Everett has been born, but now she kind of goes back and forth. It just depends on who she is spending more time with, etc. She is EXTREMELY fickle- it's hilarious! I feel bad for her future boyfriends because I feel like she is going to be the type that loves him one day then dumps him the next and moves on to another guy!!

mcg: It was super humid here too for a few days, which is such weird weather for us! It felt like Hawaii to me- overcast, humid and in the 80s. Thank God it's back to normal now!

Hailey is daddy's little girl, but she doesn't really discriminate. She just cuddles with whoever is handy. Chloe's pretty much the same way.

My mom is taking them both back to Ohio today for two weeks while we pack and move. I'm going to miss them, so much. But I'll be able to get sooooo much done without them up in my biness.
    CPW - 05/07/07 & HBW - 10/26/09

Ella has been going back and forth daily (hourly?!) between DH and I- crazy girl!

Quote Originally Posted by maniach View Post
    My mom is taking them both back to Ohio today for two weeks while we pack and move. I'm going to miss them, so much. But I'll be able to get sooooo much done without them up in my biness.
    Oh my gosh! I don't think I could be away from them for 2 weeks, but you will get SO much done!! Maybe some date nights too!

Potty: We are potty training the last weekend of July! Well, I say that now, but I wonder if I'll chicken out. I have no work on Friday or Monday that weekend, and I purposely made no plans that weekend except a bbq with two other couples and all the kids on Sunday night at the pool (but that will be after 3 full days of training and there are bathrooms at the pool). I sooooo don't want to do it! Diapers are so easy! Especially being at the park with my friends and watching their kids either poop in their pants or have the moms get frantic needing a bathroom. Seems like way too much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by taffers View Post
    Maybe some date nights too!
    That's the plan!! And at least one day where I can sleep in as late as I want - no kids, no dog, no husband waking me up!!!
    CPW - 05/07/07 & HBW - 10/26/09