Quantcast
Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

I'd like to join as well. Need to lose a lot, but would be happy to start with 5-10 pounds so my clothes are comfortable and I don't have to go up a size. I'm just not even sure where to start. I have exercised all my adult life, but since my son was born I just haven't been able to figure out how to work it into my life again. He will be 4 in January!
    Married 5/19/02
    Our Prince 1/14/09

I want to join. I've lost about 30 lbs since this August but I've hit a plateau. With all the snow and ice on the ground, I have not been able to get out and run. Add in all the holiday temptations (I love wine and chocolate and it has been everywhere) and I've not lost a pound in over a month. I have about 30 more to loose to be at a comfortable weight/size.

I opened up the challenge

Valentine's Challenge 2013

And use this thread as the discussion forum for the challenge (though those not in the challenge are very welcome to participate in weight loss discussion as well - the more the merrier)

I am seriously wondering if I'm eating enough.

My weight has gone up and while i haven't had time to work out a ton, I have. I'm not eating the greatest but I'm not over eating. So my guess is I'm not actually hitting the 1800 calorie mark for breastfeeding moms. Ugh. I need to get better with my FitnessPal and track my calories just to make sure I am getting what I need.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

I know that happens to me Chimi. It sticks to me if I don' t eat enough.
    Brian & Kim 7/13/02
    Douglas 5/05 Margaret 3/08 Charlotte 8/10 Griffin 5/12

DH and I have been discussing adopting a more vegetarian lifestyle (not going fully veg, but definitely cutting back on the amount of meat we consume). Part of what really had us thinking about it is that we have a friend who in the last year lost 40 pounds and dropped 9 dress sizes (went from a 12 to a 3) by going vegetarian. Is anyone here vegetarian? Any advice for someone wanting to move that direction?
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

Not vegetarian, but we DRASTICALLY reduced our meat consumption. Or rather, our red met consumption.

We used to eat red meat 4-5x week. The other days would be chicken. when we changed our diet, we changed what we ate. Now we're mostly chicken. When we have pasta it's with ground turkey. IF we have burgers then we get grass fed beef. And since that's crazy expensive, we don't buy it often; maybe 2x week.

I think it could be very easy for us to now move to a vegetarian lifestyle if we wanted to. We made the transition slowly - and that's why I think it's stuck. There have been times when we haven't had a meat with dinner but during my pregnancy if we didn't eat protein/meat I'd get sick. So we don't do it too often, but I think now we'd be able to.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

I definitely wants to eat less meat - if DH had his way he'd eat it at every meal - but he really needs to cut back as well.

I've spent all day today organizing all types of dinner recipes - we've been in such a rut for TWO years - I don't feel like we'd added anything to our dinner rotation in the longest time. My problem always has been dinner - if I make a dinner I love, I over-eat, so this will be a challenge.

I need to get back on the progam - I've had the flu for 2 weeks and at one point had gained back the 4 lbs I had lost the week previous. I forced myself to go to my WW meeting this morning after having skipped it last weekend and I am so glad did.

While I hate deadlines, I want to be at goal by May 2005 for our 10 year (hopefully before, but still giving myself plenty of time).
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

I"m still working through a lot of my issues with how I'm feeling. I think it's mostly hormones. I'm trying to make the best food choices since workouts aren't too forthcoming lately (which is fine). Of course chocolate and sweets always taste the best
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

I have known this forever, but every once in a while I challenge myself - The more relaxed I am about losing weight, the easier it seems to be. But as soon as I try to create goals and deadlines, I screw myself. Last week I had an awesome loss, but it wasn't official since WW was closed for the blizzard - If I had kept it up this week, I would have probably hit my 5%, but instead I am looking at a 4, yes FOUR lb gain tomorrow! Yes, Valentine's Day was part of it, but it started with being bloated and dehydrated last weekend from lots of shoveling, but my body never recovered. And now I am feeling challenged for the upcoming week, but I can't let the whole week get away from me despite a few challenging meals (but meals I want to truely enjoy!).
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09