Quantcast
Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Default Weight Loss Discussion 2

Welcome to the second round of the weight loss discussion thread!

No matter what program, diet, or plan you are doing, or whether you are just trying to figure out a good plan for yourself, this is the place to talk about it! This is where you can share your tips, vent your frustrations, ask for advice, or simply get a hug.

This began as an idea in the Weight Loss Challenge thread, but it is open to anyone, even if you aren't in the challenges.
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

Shelby - Congrats on your weight loss! That is quite a bit ona small frame!

Thanks!

Medako, I try to avoid boredom eating by distracting myself. I log everything I eat on MyFitnessPal.com and spend some time in the Motivation forums when I feel like snacking (which tends to be more like bingeing for me). I also try to eat more filling foods and drink more water (lemon water for me), and keep the pantry doors closed so I am not visually tempted. And I try to remind myself that if I am not hungry for an apple, then I am not really hungry.

I bought a FitBit (www.fitbit.com) this week and am enjoying the novelty of it, but the jury is still out on how useful it will actually be for the long-term. Any other users here?

I'm here...been distracted w/all kinds of things lately and have fallen off bandwagon. I've gained some of my weight back. Not good. Found out yesterday, that now, I have to take a synthroid pill, so it looks like I really need to get back to eating healthier & some form of exercising. I really need to get back to eating in/at home-like we were and NOT eating out.

Congratulations Shelby, on your weight loss!!!
    DS 2008

So, I weighed in on Monday and was shocked to see the scale say 185, but I did my official weigh-in a few minutes ago at 192. That's a 7 pound fluctuation in 2 days. WTHeck?!? I did get on the scale a few hours later than usual, so I may weigh in tomorrow at my usual time to see if that makes a difference and count it for this week. Then, it's back to hitting the treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by tgr68 View Post
    So, I weighed in on Monday and was shocked to see the scale say 185, but I did my official weigh-in a few minutes ago at 192. That's a 7 pound fluctuation in 2 days. WTHeck?!? I did get on the scale a few hours later than usual, so I may weigh in tomorrow at my usual time to see if that makes a difference and count it for this week. Then, it's back to hitting the treadmill.
    That is weird! I know that mine will fluctuate a bit (like if I get to sleep in one day instead of my usual early morning weigh-in), but never quite that much. Maybe you ate a lot of salt the day before? Or it could be hormonal.

I am now down 15 pounds and have 15 to go before I reach my goal. It is weird because I know that I am getting smaller, and my clothes fit differently, but I still feel "fat". (I'm sure that sounds obnoxious to those with more weight to lose. It's pretty annoying to myself, but it's the truth.) I wonder if I will start to feel better about my appearance when I get closer to my goal, or if I will still be unhappy with my appearance? The goal I've set is not overly ambitious for my height.

I have completely slacked off on the exercise, which I'm sure is not helping matters.

Looking back I think hormones could've maybe played a role in things because AF ended up arriving over a week late (no BFP). Plus, I was under a bit of stress because we had anniversary pictures, DS's 1 year pictures, DD's dance recital, wrapping up school, etc. At this point, I honestly can't remember if I ever got back on the scale. I've been trying to get on the treadmill more and more. It's been more walking than running, though, because I've been fighting a lot of arthritis pain throughout my body, particularly my feet.

I've hit a wall... I've been hovering between 181-184 for a month or more and I just can't break through! I've started C25K again and I'm on week 5 of that. I'm watching what I eat, eating less, drinking plenty (although, a lot of it is unsweetened tea :/ ), getting more exercise, more veggies/less "filler" - - and I'm just getting no where! Any suggestions to break through the plateau?!? I'm getting kinda desperate...
    Only thing better than having a boy, is having two!
    Jack Ryan 1.12.06
    Tate Daniel 6.23.11

I am stuck, also, at 17 pounds lost. I do know what I'm doing wrong, though. We have been traveling a lot this summer, and I have not been logging my food carefully or eating very healthy foods, in general. I am just trying to hold steady at this weight (and not gain it back) until I can get myself back on track/motivated.

Medako, I can't remember - Are you tracking calories?

I've held solid at 192 this summer. I'll be honest in that we've been so busy that I haven't been real active in my attempts to lose. I've been looking ahead to fall and working on getting my school scheduling done. I'll be working in times for workouts, and hopefully the scheduling of workouts will help me stick with me. I also have been pinning several healthy recipes on Pinterest that I hope to try out.