Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gia
    Me: G / 37
    DH: M / 44
    Married since: 12/31/2001
    Dieting since: today
    Dieting Program: My Fitness Pal/exercise
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight: 10/125
    Challenge Weight Loss Goal: 4-5lbs (is that realistic?)
    Weight Loss Challenge Member Since: Challenge 52
    Known issues: eating too much and not exercising enough lately
    Height: 5'6"
    Current Weight: 135

Can I join? I stepped on the scale today and almost choked. My jeans have been feeling tight and apparently I gained 5-7 lbs between Thanksgiving and now. I was up a few pounds from my "normal" weight when I got pg, then was on bedrest for a long time, and lost a lot of muscle, have not been eating as healthy as I used to, and not exercising as much. So even though I had lost all the baby weight (before the holiday weight gain), I am just flabbier and need to get back into shape. I know I am still technically fine according to BMI, weight charts, etc., but I am small framed, and I can see it in my face and the way my clothes fit (or don't fit!) and I just don't feel like "me" right now.

Hopefully this will keep me on track!
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

What kind/types of healthy snacks are you all eating, to help get you through the day?

When do you weigh yourselves - first thing in the A.M. and/or after a workout? Just curious.

I'm having a hard time trying not to get the mid-afternoon munchies & the late night cravings! Uugh.. Anyway, I've had a good wk. so far, but I've got a long way to go...

I have been slacking off! I need to get back in gear.

Me: name/age: Angie, 36
    DH: name/age (*optional): Scott, 35
    Married since: (*optional): 9/25/04
    Dieting since: high school
    Dieting Program: sparkpeople
    Total weight loss goal/Final Weight:170#/-172
    Final Weight Date Challenge:whenever it happens (hoping to have dc#2 in the next year or two, so that would delay things.)
    Challenge Weight Loss Goal: -5/327#
    Weight Loss Challenge Member Since: (Challenge #) I was in several challenges in past years, but have missed out on the past few.
    Known issues: PCOS, various pains that make it difficult to exercise
    Height:5'11"
    Current Weight: 332#
    Angel baby 1/08
    Rachel Yvonne is here! 6/15/09
    ajb92504 on LJ

snacks - I'm not as good with my snacks as I used to be. Almonds are a life saver for me. I also like greek yogurt with some almonds and/or banana. Other snacks include real cheese and pretzel thins. I no longer due RF or NF food - they all taste too fake for me. So, I just watch my portions.

weight - I weigh first thing in the morning, after I go to the bathroom. I'm at my lightest then. I will occasionally weigh myself when I come home from work just to see how I'm doing. I'm usually 2-2.5 pounds heavier - anything more I know I have to kick the workout up. Anything less - woo hoo!!!
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Healthy snacks- I am so not a celery/carrot stick snack type of girl, but I find that as long as I have a normal size portion of something, it is relatively healthy. I used to be an eat from the bag snacker, so now if I really have the munchies I'll usually have some pretzels and a cheese stick. I count out about 1/2 to 3/4 of what the bag says is a portion, and I eat out of a child sized snack bowl. I do the same with Veggie Straws or popcorn. Another go to snack for me is greek yogurt. I don't have a sweet tooth, but if I want chocolate I'll eat about 5 chocolate covered almonds. Not healthy, but it's enough to curb a craving. I'm hoping to start eating more fruits, but since I don't really crave sweets fruit never sounds good to me. I also have really sensitive teeth and cold/sweet things really bother them.

Scale-I just bought a new digital scale so I'm slightly obsessed with it. I've found that my lowest weight of the day is about an hour or so after I wake up, so that is what I use as my 'real' weight. It just goes up as the day goes on, so I really need to stop getting on it after my daily weigh in. I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but right now it is keeping me motivated and on track. I haven't incorporated exercise into my plan yet.
    Baby Boy 1- 2008
    Baby Boy 2- 2011!

Chimi- We were posting at the same time- but I have to say DITTO to everything you posted. There aren't many foods that I'll eat that are RF/NF except for maybe salad dressing and sour cream. Everything else is gross and I'd rather eat the real thing or nothing at all!

I'm so impressed with how much weight you have lost and it makes me feel like maybe I am on the right track with my 'new' habits since you seem to be eating very similarly.
    Baby Boy 1- 2008
    Baby Boy 2- 2011!

Healthy Snacks- I am all about snacks. If I don't eat snacks I get so hungry and then I end up eating junk (which is I think mostly what happened over the holidays). I love Greek yogurt, cheese (laughing cow or regular)/triscuts, hummus with carrot sticks/pita chips/pretzel thins, nuts, a little natural peanut butter with a banana or apple, or fruit smootie made with plain greek yogurt and frozen fruit and a packet or two of truvia. I love popcorn too. I also like a cup of green tea in the afternoon as a pick me up, along with a snack. I need to do better about not snacking so much in the evenings. I never used to, but I think that is where the lack of sleep catches up with me and I end up craving sweets/fattening stuff.
    Twins! Benjamin and William arrived 3.17.10

Food Blog: Savory Secrets

Please fill me in...what is RF/NF?

Picked up some go-to healthy snacks-ie. Greek yogurt(chobani), Blue Diamond No salt Almonds, crystal light, fresh fruit, Fiber One bars & Whole wheat/organic Fig Newtons(Barron's brand?), energy bar, vit. water & fat-free bkfst. malt drinks. Oh, and some lean cuisines, since they're on $ale this week. I too, also weigh myself in the a.m.. I don't eat bananas, but I will use them in smoothies and/or will cook w/using them.

I'm also taking metformin & since I'm eating healthier, I think my medicine is agreeing w/me more. Makes my stomach really bubbly though. However, I still have my good/bad days with it!-mostly better!!

Countrymouse-I'm not a ranch dressing/carrot/celery person either. ick. I LOVE popcorn(a huge downfall for me!), but I think I'll have to go the fresh popped route instead or else..... lol. Have you tried using sensitive toothpaste for the sensitivity?

Chimi - you mentioned cheese...What kind of cheese are you eating? I'm trying to find something good, but low in fat/calories to go w/my turkey-chix brsts. lunch meat sandwiches! I did pick up some lacy baby swiss the other day.

What kind/types of healthy snacks are you all eating, to help get you through the day?

When do you weigh yourselves - first thing in the A.M. and/or after a workout? Just curious.
    i weigh in the a.m.

i'm not much of a snacker. i have all kinds of healthy snack ideas, but since i only have 1 snack a day (at 3 o'clock with coffee or tea), it's usually a chocolate vita top or i do a 1/2 english muffin with a tbs of cream cheese and a teaspoon of pumpkin butter (both of those are 100 calories).
    noa 6.6.04
    henri 9.10.06

RF/NF = reduced fat/ non-fat.

JLRenheos - DH usually finds me a local brand at Woodman's. I guess that's a perk to living in Wisconsin I usually go for sharp cheddar - I love the flavor. YDD likes it too. The one he got me this week is a white sharp cheddar. It almost looks like a stick of butter. It's like an Amish cheese - made from grass-fed cows, no hormones added, etc. It's good. Love it actually But it's pricey - like $8/lb. He got me a half pound and that should last me a week.

Current weight: 234.1
    Week 1: 230.5 / -3.6
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4:
    Total Weight Lost: -3.6

Getting back on track. Sigh - I was able to get down to 225 for my training session on the 15th. Then I add carbs back in and balloon up. I knew it was going to happen, but yeesh!

On a positive, I broke 10 minutes on my workout! I was pleased with that; I shaved almost 4 minutes off my original time. And I wasn't trying to necessarily to beat my time; I didn't think I could go any lower!! And I did take a "breather" quick - so the time was very surprising to me.

Tonight is cardio - back to the bike. While I like kickboxing and it helps with my i-band/flexor thing, I don't feel the workout is as good. Don't get me wrong, I sweat like crazy but I'm not feeling the cardio part of it. I think when it gets nicer out I'm going to try to add one day of running a week. I "enjoyed" it the one time I did it. I'd like to take the dog with me and maybe ODD. She likes to run/play sports so maybe she'd enjoy it.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12