Quantcast
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Funny story, when we were out yesterday and Nicholas caught sight of a princess tiara and put it on. I have no problem at all with this, and he walked proudly through Target with his pink tiara on his head. I got some strange looks, some not nice ones, some people just smiled. A woman told him that crowns were for girls, he held onto his crown and looked at her and said, “I’m a pretty little boy princess”, and walked along his merry little way.

He ended up getting the crown, a Cars toy, and a Mermaid Barbie.

I love how he’s not afraid to be himself, and I have no problem letting him.
    Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

Anemone - E is so cute! Love her outfit. How is she liking ballet?

Summerbride2005 - hope DD likes preschool!

MrsSpencer - good for you! I remember once being in our pediatrician's waiting room, and there was a dad with a little girl, who was telling me his wife is so excited because she was having fun finally shopping for girl things for Christmas, like a play kitchen etc. I asked if he had other children, and he had two older boys. I said, oh, they didn't have a play kitchen? He looked at me like I had two heads, it was very strange. I always remember that. Play kitchens and toys like that are pretend toys that help children learn, whether or not those children are boys or girls. Bridget loves cars and stuff and I just put a remote-control car on her Christmas list the other day.

Bridget is doing well. She started a gymnastics class on Wednesday and really liked it. She listened SO well and did such a great job, I was very proud of her. Still untrained at night, still imaginative and asking serious and smart questions, which I love!
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

MrsS - good for you. I think it's ridiculous when people get all funny about gender stereotyping. You need to get them what they're interested in. Like twinnyme said, pretend play is pretend play. DS1 has a crown (although not a tiara), and also had a play kitchen.

twinnyme - I bet Bridget sleeps well on the nights she does gymnastics. My DD would love that - she's such a monkey!
    us 10.21.00 little boy 10.24.05 little girl 05.14.08 baby boy 05.18.10

Hi all, just checking in. Life is crazy with my two boys (3 if you count DH). Just booked a first class trip to Hawaii for our 10 yr anniv next july/aug..no kids!! Phew. can't wait!
    hope everyone is doing well.. We are great, and busy busy busy.
    DS: 6-8-05
    DS: 4-26-08

Nicholas is a big brother!

Layla Marie was born at 1:20 Wednesday morning, November 30th. She weight 7lbs. 5 oz. and was 20 inches long. Nicholas is in love with her, and doesn't let her out of his sight! She is his twin..it's almost creepy lol..

Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

Aw, MrsSpencer, so sweet - congratulations!!
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Congrats Mrs S - little Layla looks adorable. Hope all goes well in the first few weeks and you get some rest!
    us 10.21.00 little boy 10.24.05 little girl 05.14.08 baby boy 05.18.10

Congrats, MrsS!!
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

I feel like I haven't been on here in so long. Congrats MrsSpencer and Twinnymeon your baby girls!
    married: 8/7/05 baby girl #1: 4/11/08 baby girl #2: 4/6/10

Whoa, it's been FOREVER since I've been in here! Congrats to MrsS and Twinnyme on the new babies!

So what's new with everyone? I can't believe our kids are going to be 4 soon! Not a whole lot is going on here. Maddie is still a wonderful big sister to Macy (most of the time). She loves to wear dresses, have her fingernails polished and get her hair fixed. She really is a girlie-girl. (I don't think Macy will be quite as much. She's more interested in wearing her "Packers! Touchdown!" shirt than skirts or dresses.) Maddie got a great report at school when we had conferences in January, and today when we dropped off her Valentines, she recognized the names of EVERYONE (13 kids) in her class and told me which name was on which bag. I was amazed that she recognized all of them and thought that was pretty cool. On Sunday we are headed to a water park resort with some friends for three nights. We have a three-bedroom condo, so we are all looking forward to having some adult beverages after the kids go to bed.