Quantcast
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

dropping off a pic of my happy 3 yr old

happy mother's day
    DS: 6-8-05
    DS: 4-26-08

New thread and in the big kids section! It's gone so fast. Looking through the first page we don't hear from so many any more, which is a shame.

E. is going well, and her birthday is Saturday! We're giving her a balance bike and a couple of little things. I'm thinking of holding off on the doll we were planning to give her until Christmas - I just feel like my kids have so many things. I'd kind of like to pare back a little. She is also becoming very determined on what she will wear. It's really tedious. She has to wear certain shoes or hair bows (or no bows), and the favourite colour is pink, which means she will often try to incorporate something that doesn't really go with what she is wearing. Today she insisted on taking her new twin doll stroller to school to pick up DS1. That made it really easy for me to get out DS2's stroller, then the doll stroller, and then have to get us all across traffic to the school gate!

Cute pic MrsC

Sorry to hear about the allergies - they are an epidemic in Australia. Pretty much every kindergarten, preschool and childcare class will have one kid allergic to nuts at a minimum.

I'll post an updated pic of E. once the party is over (fairy party - she is *so* excited)
    us 10.21.00 little boy 10.24.05 little girl 05.14.08 baby boy 05.18.10

Cute picture, MrsC!

Hope E. had a good party, anemone!

Allergies - for us, thankfully, it's just hayfever/pollen. I brought Bridget back to the doctor yesterday because she developed a hacking cough now on top of everything else, and developed a fluctuating fever yesterday (the highest was 101). While there, I inquired about seeing an allergist but our ped. did not seem to think it necessary, to just treat with Claritin. (We had seen another ped. in the practice last Monday and while she was great, I hadn't even thought to ask about seeing an allergist.) He did suggest giving the girls their Claritin at night since it is a 24-hour dose and therefore the biggest part of the dose would kick in in the morning, when they need it for the day. Hadn't even thought of that - I had been giving it in the morning. So just wanted to pass that along if it helps anyone. We'll see if it makes a difference.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Nicholas had his 3 year wbv yesterday. He's down to 29 pounds and is 36.5 inches tall. He's barely in the 25th percentile for both height and weight they said. He was almost 31 pounds a month ago . She isn't worried he's on his own growth curve, he is just a little guy.

He is referred to get a hearing test and a speech evaluation. She said he doesn't pronounce words right so we are going to get him evaluated.
    Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

MrsS - hope Nicholas's tests go well and give you a sense of how to proceed!

AFM, well, we have some surprising news: I am pregnant with #3, and due in late January. It was a complete surprise, and I'm still adjusting to the idea. (I found out last Friday, and it was a pretty busy weekend, with family visiting and all.) We are happy about it, but pretty shocked, and still adjusting to the fact that we'll soon be a family of five!
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12

Wow Congrats twinny!!

His hearing test is may 31st.
    Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

yay! congrats twinny!!!

curious...big surprise as in you weren't preventing??? i'm being nosy - only b/c i'm totally considering a 3rd!
    DS: 6-8-05
    DS: 4-26-08

Wow, twinny, congrats!

Carson just had his 3 yr old WCV, and he's up to 40.5 inches tall and 35 lbs. Following exactly in the steps of his big brother...

Thanks, MrsS, MrsC, and Irish Eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Chappy View Post
    curious...big surprise as in you weren't preventing??? i'm being nosy - only b/c i'm totally considering a 3rd!
    Um, let's just say we were preventing sporadically with a prevention failure one night. DH and I were both pretty complicit in not preventing appropriately and I think in some ways it was because both of us really wanted this. We're still adjusting, of course, but we're both very happy about it. In the back of our minds, we both wanted a third child but we never officially talked about it.

I do recall your being on the fence about a third....

Wow, how exciting Twinnyme!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!