Quantcast
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Happy birthday to Nicholas!
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

Ack, how can I belong to two groups in the Big Kids section now????

Please change my age to 37 and DH's to 39. (Another yikes).

We have a small family party coming up on the 15th. I need to figure out birthday presents, cake, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
    Ack, how can I belong to two groups in the Big Kids section now????
    I know, IrishEyes, this is how I feel, too!!

MrsS - Hope Nicholas had a nice party!

Bridget was just diagnosed on Monday with allergies - poor girl didn't stand a chance as I have a terrible history with allergies - but I was hoping she'd escaped it like my older DD. Unfortunately, older DD was ALSO diagnosed on Monday with seasonal allergies - we'd had her tested at 18 months for food allergies, and she has none. But apparently they're both allergic to pollen and have hayfever, etc. Lucky girls! So now we have in the house Children's Claritin for Bridget, regular Claritin for Becca, and Allegra for me. Fun fun! But hopefully this means that Bridget's nose will stop running like crazy, at least.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Quote Originally Posted by twinnyme View Post
    Bridget was just diagnosed on Monday with allergies - poor girl didn't stand a chance as I have a terrible history with allergies - but I was hoping she'd escaped it like my older DD.
    Our ped didn't even officially 'diagnose' the boys, just gave us a thumbs up on children's claritin for seasonal allergies. My DH also has them badly, and Carson appears to be more strongly affected than Brody. I guess if I did an HSA, I'd have to get a note from the doctor for those OTC meds.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
    Our ped didn't even officially 'diagnose' the boys, just gave us a thumbs up on children's claritin for seasonal allergies. My DH also has them badly, and Carson appears to be more strongly affected than Brody. I guess if I did an HSA, I'd have to get a note from the doctor for those OTC meds.
    Oh, "diagnose" is just my word. She just told us to use Claritin, too, that's pretty much it. Though I have been thinking of taking them to an allergist now, just to check on things thoroughly, and for insurance purposes as well.
    Melissa & Dave ~ 5/31/03 * Becca ~ 1/14/05 * Bridget ~ 4/9/08 * Allison ~ 1/19/12
    The Mommy (& Everything Else) Journal

Sorry to hear about the allergies, twinnyme and IrishEyes.

Not too much is new here. We spent last Thursday through Monday with my parents, and Maddie was spoiled as usual. She was also really "off" in the sleep department. When we are at their house or my parents are here, Maddie wakes up extra early (one day was 6 a.m. when she usually sleeps until 7:30) and always goes to bed late. Thankfully I have her back on track after two days, but she's been one crabby you-know-what in the afternoon. Today it's finally sunny and 60 (after an April filled with rain and temps in the 30s, 40s and low 50s), so we'll be outside all afternoon. Hopefully that will help.

Between the two girls, I feel like I get no computer time, which I guess is OK. Every time I open it when Macy is around, she's banging on the keyboard, and Maddie wants to sit on my lap so I can't type. Actually, I just had to shoo her away as I was typing that. I told her to watch Fresh Beat Band (one of her favorites) and I'd snuggle with her when it was over. All I want is 20 minutes!!

Funny you brought up allergies Twinnyme and Irish. I want to talk to our ped about this at Cooper's 3 yr appt. For us it's not the runny nose it's the coughing and coughing and oh.my.god the coughing! All night long (thankfully not waking him up too much, but waking him up between 5-6am for the day) and to the point where he is gagging himself. We run the humidifier, prop him up on pillows for less drainage, I even started giving him Hyland's cough syrup (which has dosing instructions for 2 yr and up) but nothing seems to work. At this point, I think it's time to stop treating the cough and treat the allery.

Another thing I want to ask about is his refusal to eat more than a few bites at dinner. His daycare reports show a good amount is eaten at breakfast and lunch. But I want to see how is weight shakes out at this appt, and then ask what I should concentrate on if he's only going to eat a small amount- push protein, push fats, push calcium????

E&O- Nicholas is like that (only eats small amounts), but he does that at every meal, so I just give him less food more often. He won't sit and eat an entire meal, he'll eat a few bites and done. So I put it in the fridge and he'll say he's hungry an hour later, I heat it up and give it to him again. It takes about 2 times of this, and he'll eat the whole plate, but not all the time. I can't eat a big meal either, I'd rather eat small ones often, so it isn't a big deal for us.
    Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

reading along...

Interesting note relating to allergies, I had jake's blood taken at his 3 yr check up b/c of his peanut and SEVERE sesame allergy. They did a complete work up (as opposed to last yr when they tested for nuts and sesame based on the reaction i noticed). Apparently he is allergice to M I L K!!!!?? and Eggwhites! wtf? he has those things all the time so i'll keep giving them to him but it makes me think that maybe during those colic days he was having a reaction to my breast milk and the milk-based formula which is why is was so 'bad' for 6 months. I never did try Alimentum. I can't help but wonder.

His peanut allergy is downgraded to Category 1 and the Sesame allergy remains severe. Just thought this was interesting.

Party was fun. will post some cute pics.
    DS: 6-8-05
    DS: 4-26-08

We had Kade's 3rd low key birthday party today. We had a friend from his old daycare, a friend from the Montessori and our next door neighbor over. I made hot dogs and a chocolate cake and they just played together. We then went down to the park as they were having the trout derby and the kids fished. Was a fun day. How did three years fly so quickly!

Sorry to hear about the allergies. I used to have bad hayfever, but since I've moved here to the US that has gone. I also don't have asthma anymore.
    ~N + N = K + K~
    LiveJournal