Quantcast

Default October 2003 Moms and Kids III

WELCOME TO THE THIRD THREAD!

A place for moms of kids born in October 2003 to discuss the challenges and joys of raising big kids!
    Last edited by tgr68; 04-27-2011 at 02:45 PM.
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

joining!
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05

Me too!

Are we the longest running group? I don't think I have noticed an older one still together.

Gabe learned to ride his 2 wheeler without training wheels while I napped on mother's day (I was nursing back injury). We are all so proud. And DH got me a gift certificate for a massage. He was telling Gabe about Massage so yesterday when I picked him up from afterschool program Gabe insists I come to the playground with him where he makes me lie face down on a bench so he can give me a massage to make my back feel better. He was telling me how some massages hurts but make you feel better later and other kinds relax you.

Default Summer wrap up

Did everyone have a good summer? Gabe followed bike riding with starting to roller blade. Has not mastered it but he did make it about unsteady two house lengths without falling. I finally got him to jump into water over his head 2 weeks ago, though he has not done much more with his swimming this summer. We went to an amusement park for a few hours one evening and slowly got Gabe's confidence up till he was almost ready for the kiddie roller coaster. He fought us tooth and nail about going to the park and now he keeps asking to go back as if it were something small and local like mini golf rather than about $100 for the family and an hours drive. This past week DH decided Gabe was going to learn to tie his shoes. Gabe resisted at first but once he got the hang of it he was obsessed. Wanted me to go out and buy him tie shoes at 9:30 at night and asked again as I was leaving for work in the morning. In a week he has mastered 4 different bows.

DH and I are heading off in the near future on a short trip to Puerto Rico to celebrate our 10 yr anniversary. My parents are taking care of Gabe for the week. Then school starts again. We have Gabe signed up for this special after school program that helps kids improve social skills while play sports line games. He needs a little coaching on sharing control and handling frustration, he is a bit of a perfectionist and needs help being more flexible in his approach to the world. He is also continuing with Russian math, which he loves. They have him in the advanced 3rd grade class, which is great except that 3rd grades can handle a 5-7pm class and I am not sure Gabe can. He did fine with the 2 hours class last year but it was earlier.

My health is good but I have my 6th check up in 2 weeks and that always makes me nervous.

Check in and give an up date on your life.

Check in an give an update on your lives

Hello!

We have had a great summer. In fact, we just got back from a beautiful week on Cape Cod but are now bracing for the hurricane. The twins have 1st grade orientation on Monday and then all 3 kids start school on Tuesday. The summer flew by. The twins are not so excited about starting school but Jacob is. It is a new school for the twins and most of their friends from Kindergarten are going to a different school so they are a little sad. Jacob loves school and will be fine. I'm excited to have all 3 in the same school again. It will make my life so much easier for pick up/drop off/etc. I'm planning on using tomorrow's hurricane day to get everything organized and ready for school since I have not done that yet.

Renrel - good luck with your check up and have a wonderful trip to celebrate your anniversary!

Everyone else - I hope you and your families are all doing well!
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05

Hello!

Hope everyone is doing well! I can't believe it's already Oct, this yr has flown by...

Lauren is doing great, she is going to be a big time 8 yr old tomorrow, and I can't believe it. She really likes school & is reading like a pro. She was in cheerleading early this year and loved it, now she's in soccer & likes it ok. When soccer is over she wants to get back in gymnastics. She had a really bad accident last week at our neighbors house. She was on 1 knee on a skateboard and was pushing off with the other foot and fell forward onto her face onto the driveway and broke her 2 front top teeth in half and she scraped & bruised her mouth, lips, & chin... It was awful. Oh and the blood, there was blood everywhere. It was the 1st time anything really bad has happened. I ended up taking her to the dentist the next day and she had bonding/compsite added to her teeth to make them look better but we have to go back next week after her face is all healed to have more bonding added and have the "teeth" polished to make them look like real teeth. She'll have to have crowns put on them when she's around 18 yrs old.

Emma is 3 now and just started preschool. It was a really rought start, she's a lot more sensitive then Lauren is and cried and cried when we left her there. Luckily she adjusted well after a few weeks and loves it now. She reminds me so much of Lauren and has the same red hair and blue eyes.
    Here are a few quick pics of Lauren and little Lauren jr

Married ~10-27-01~
    Lauren ~10-04-03~
    Emma ~6-23-08~

Oh my goodness, KerryKate - they are just beautiful! Happy Birthday to Lauren!
    Missy & Steve 11/9/02
    Jacob 10/07/03
    Matthew & Samuel 7/1/05