Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

I'm finally getting motivated after having DS to get exercising and did W1D1 this morning. It wasn't too bad considering I'm not in the greatest shape. I think I am actually surprised that it wasn't harder! I did this program before I got pregnant with DD but stopped sometime in week 4, I think. The Texas heat and humidity got to me! This time DH and I are alternating going in the mornings (so the other can stay home with the kids) and we're running in our neighborhood. I'm hoping since we're both doing it we can keep talking about it and motivate each other to keep up with it. The hardest part for me is to keep motivated!
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

Right after I posted here in June, I had to stop working out. DH had to have emergency surgery on his foot and couldn't walk or drive for 6 weeks, so all of a sudden I was a mom to 3 "kids". I was so exhausted physically and mentally that I immediately stopped working out (and proceeded to gain 10 lbs in 3 months).

I pickd up C25K at Labor Day and did W6D2 today. It has all been on the treadmill though. Now that the interval training is over, I am going to try outdoors on Sunday for my 25 minute run. I will only be able to run 1-2 days outdoors. Without Day Light Savings being over yet, it is too dark in the morning (I have to get up at 5:30 to work out). I am petrified to run outdoors, but we'll see how it goes. I have a 2 mile, 2 1/2 mile, and 3 mile routes mapped out.

I signed up for a Turkey Trot 5K the day after Thanksgiving. I am scared to do it, but having a goal is only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

I am only doing the 3x/week runs right now. I am so worried about pushing myself too hard and getting hurt again, that running/jogging is the only thing I want to cooncentrate on now. Additional cardio and weights will come after Thanksgiving.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Anyone else still hanging in there?

I started week 4 today. It seems like I've been doing this much longer and should be farther than week 4, but I had to take a week off when DH was out of town and I did week 2 and 3 twice. I was sort of scared of week 4 because it's more running than walking, but it wasn't that bad. I sometimes dread getting up at 6:30 to go run, but once I do it, it feels good. It's also nice to be up early and have some time to myself before the kids wake up. The hardest thing has been our weather. I would love to be able to run in the afternoons because I hate getting up early, but it's still too hot here! Maybe soon it will be cool enough to run in the afternoons.
    DD Feb '08
    DS June '11
    DD Jan '15

Bump! I am getting to the point where I can't say I am holding onto baby weight any longer. I just did some prelim research and the program looks doable, especially now that the weather is cooler. Anyone else out there?
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

I'm doing it. I'm on week 3. I've been repeating each week twice because I was (am) so embarrassingly out of shape.

Oh, me too. I can't even tell you the last time I saw the inside of a gym. I really need to get it together.

What do you do to keep track of the running and walking intervals?
    Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?

I really like the free RunKeeper app on my iphone. The only issue is that I have to program in the intervals on my own. The paid version might have them but I'm cheap. I tried the c2
    5k app and didn't like it as much.

I've found that listening to NPR podcasts works better for me than music. It gives me something to think about instead of focusing on how much I hate running. The RunKeeper app chimes in the background to let me know when to switch. I've actually been enjoying running this week -which is a first in my entire life. I think the cool air is helping.

Awesome, thanks!!! That's just what I need, run, walk, run, walk! I can't be trusted to remember!