Quantcast
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Another question - what's on your playlist??
    1+1=5! Baby #3, Aug 2012!

isign One of my playlists is in this post. I also have a lot of Ke$ha songs on a different playlist.

I need a strong beat to keep me going, so I have songs that work for me - Xtina "Ain't No Other Man", Flo Ri Da - Right Round, Maroon 5 feat. Rhianna - If I Never See Your Face Again. That kind of thing. But I'm in the middle of reworking it as I made it before I starting running and now I have to fix some of the lulls.
    Arrena Ruth 08.07.05 Julian Mitchell 08.01.08
    America is the only country to go from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between ~ Oscar Wilde

I started today. It was interesting to say the least. I will be working on week one for a while! I discovered the my butt jiggles far more than my boobs do, which is amazing since my girls are not exactly small.

Contemplating doing this....

My sister is going to train for a 5K (Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago) as part of her 30 at 30 list. Yesterday I went for a run as part of my cardio. Definitely interval training, but I did about 10 minutes of slow running. I (surprisingly) enjoyed the run. I did a 20 minute run and really liked it. there were times I was praying for the beeps to come signalling the end of the running interval - but I ran the whole time I was supposed to.

The issue I have is finding time for it. I workout almost every day, but I workout at home. I have to wait for the kids to be in bed and DH works 3rd shift so I can't leave the house. We don't have a treadmill at home and I've never been good at running on those anyways Any suggestions? I could run maybe three times per week for my cardio - maybe four. I do like to also do my weight training and definitely wouldn't abandon that. Is four times a week enough running?
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Four times a week is definitely enough. The Couch to 5K programs suggests three days a week.

Day 2, I didn't get much of a workout yesterday, kids wouldn't nap, but today they crashed. I wasn't able to run the whole time I was supposed to, but I ran a total of 5 times, once only 1/2, but still I can count it right? I'm going to walk on the days in between that I don't run, but only 5 days a week total, taking the weekend off. I also started a blog, hoping to get more encouragement from family/friends and by them watching, I'll be more accountable.

It absolutely still counts. I have a friend who shames herself for walking more than the program says. But really, as long as you're moving, it counts!

I start Week 5 today. This is my 6th week in the program but I did week 3 twice.

I'm also doing the 30 Day Shred with Jillian. Day #7 today. I'm shooting for 30 straight days.

Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday I do both.

Pushed myself today, better than 2 days ago. A few friends/family have started keeping up with my blog/fb posting, so that helps a ton!

mmm - wow! I'm trying to get to 5 days a week, you are my idol