Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bumping up... we've been quiet.

It's hard to believe our kiddos are almost 3!!!!! Where has the time gone?!?!?

Quinn is speaking very clearly now; and making good sentences. She does a lot of 'thinking' for her sentences. I.e. she saw me wearing a watch and asked if daddy got me that watch. And she commented on how pretty it was and how it was nice on mommy. IMO that's a lot of thinking!

Q is average in weight and size; she's running true to size in clothes. Which is odd to me; ODD was huge and always double the size. But, it's okay.

We'll be starting Q in 3K this fall if she gets potty trained. Right now she has NO interest in it. We need to get her going on the potty. But she has a very independent streak and I think if we force the issue, she'll rebel against it which will make it go on longer. She gets the concepts, but doesn't want to do it. When we've tried placing her on the potty in the past, she ends up crying when she pees. Poops is fine; she's okay with that. I don't know why she cries when she pees. I am not loud/crazy when she had a success - just a big smile but no noise. And we praised/rewarded her. We'll get there eventually I guess.

I hope everyone's little one is doing well!
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

How is everyone doing??

We've had a big summer. Q got potty trained fairly easily so she's now in 3K/preschool. I think she loves it, but it's hard to say. She went to her first day yesterday and the building is still standing, we didn't get a phone call, and all of her classmates looked unscathed so we call it a success Q told us she played outside, played in the playhouse and sat on the mat for a story. She told us the teacher told the class to "hush" and that she helped clean up the toys. I'm looking forward to her being in school. She gets to play the princess card quite a bit at home and this will be good for her. Especially with a new baby on the way!

Q is definitely playing the "baby" card while she can. I don't think she's conciously doing it - but maybe she is. She rarely likes to walk anywhere and will "demand" to be picked up. I don't/can't pick her up regularly, and she knows this. So she goes to DH. Who is the biggest softie for her. Ohhh... the troubles that will cause later in life

It also amazes me how she can rationally think. ODD didn't get "rational" until a little later. I am sure she thought that way, but she never verbalized it. Q does. And she's very clear about it too. Every day this kid amazes me.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

Bumping up...

We survived our first year of school with Miss Q. She really blossomed at school, and it was so wonderful to see. Q has always been outgoing and social. She is definitely a people person. But she has refined that and is a very personable little girl. And she is smart too! Our goal with preschool isn't necessarily to help our kids academically, but it's a wonderful side effect. I didn't think she'd take to school like her older sister, they are VERY different. But she loves school. She loves to learn and learns it quickly. It doesn't look/seem like she's learning but all of a sudden she'll bust out with things.

her favorite letter is Q, naturally. And she loves drawing capital Qs everywhere.

She is adjusting to being a big sister, but we do still have some set backs. She is still mad that we moved the glider out of her room and into the baby's room. But, I tell her we'll move her chair back when the baby shares her room - and she's cool with that. I think she likes sharing a room with her big sister, but she won't tell us that

Q decided to night potty train herself, on a whim. No sticker charts, no rewards, she just decided she wanted to keep her undies on at night. We've had a few accidents, but those are few and far between. So we only have the baby in diapers - score!

This summer should be interesting. We're planning a family trip to Disney which Q is so super excited about. She loves all things Minnie and princess.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12

I'll do another bump

It's hard to believe I've almost got two elementary school students! We had Q's end of the year conference with her teacher; it was all glowing. I think she'll hit the ground running next fall. She's a tough cookie and she'll likely be fine with kindergarten.

One of the things I love about my Q-ster is her wit. That kid has one-liners and comebacks to spare And, if she were older, she'd almost sound schmoozy, but she will compliment people when appropriate and it's very heartfelt. Not what I'd expect from her, but she definitely has a big heart. When we heard my dad might have to have surgery on his neck, she was incredibly upset and wanted to visit him immediately. Now that we found out he doesn't need surgery, she was very happy and telling him how she'd pig pile (wrestle) him the next time she sees him. That's my Q!

Hope everyone else's not-so-little ones are doing well.
    Kidlet 1 - 8/06
    Kidlet 2 - 7/09
    Kidlet 3 - 12/12