Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Reenie - Aw, thanks! I was desperate last night (they were doing couples Zumba for V Day....no thanks!) so I stopped at Wal Mart and bought the only FIRM DVD they had: Power Half Hour with Emily. I also got one of the Jillian Michaels ones Lori uses but now I can't remember which one I ended up getting...I think it was 30 Day Shred.

I did the FIRM one and wow, Emily seemed like she was on crack! Moving and talking SO fast! I think I will like it once I learn it better, and it doesn't seem like one you'd get bored of in a hurry, but I got frustrated at a few points because by the time I'd figure out what we were doing, we'd be switching to another move. I don't think the stomping is going to be a huge issue, as I have a big rug that seemed to dampen the noise. We'll see....I don't think my downstairs neighbor was home yet either! The new space worked much better though--I have a lot more room laterally and more room vertically too. I still hit the dangling ceiling fan pull, but not as bad as the house, where I used to constantly hit the light fixture while using the step.

I thought TransFIRMation was the series with the T-shaped fanny lifter with the incline? I never bought that, I just have an ancient step I use. To answer your question, Reenie, I guess I need all 3 but my favorite tend to be c+s. I do need to do some weight-bearing stuff for my crappy bones, but I like the all cardio ones too for days in between when you are supposed to rest your muscles. Sometimes on those days, I would just do a mostly-cardio tape and not use weights at all, bc I don't think I had any FIRM workouts that didn't use weights (other than Ab Sculpt maybe).

So my goal weight from 2006 was 150 and I'd been varying between 149-153 for the last few years, then last November I decided to track/slightly limit calories again bc it was creeping up to 154 some days. Nothing happened for a few weeks, then I suddenly lost some right around Thanksgiving (the magic of eating too much stuffing???), and now in the month I've been living alone, it's dropped some again even though I'm not tracking calories anymore. I was so excited to see 140 yesterday! I don't think any lower than that is sustainable for me (I'm 5'11") but I so wanted it to get in the 130s so I could take a pic of the scale :P But dangit this morning it was back to 142. Funny how that pissed me off whereas a month ago I would've been thrilled with it. LOL.

This won't be a good week bc I have to go out of town, but I'm so glad to have a couple DVDs now and I can at least do those this weekend after I get back, since there aren't any weekend classes at my work.

I admit I haven't totally unpacked since our move. My wooden fanny lifters haven't been reassembled. I also haven't found my plastic fanny lifter. I have been using the TransFIRMation DVDs (one without steps and stuff), the treadmill and I do a pilates class through the city on Tuesday and a yoga class on Wednesday

My doc has tweaked my meds and stuff. Since mid December, I have gotten rid of 17.2 pounds

Congrats on the loss, Jill!

Tuesday is my at-home exercise day now, so I tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD, just the level 1 workout. That is a hard 20 minutes! I liked it though. I also bought a belly dancing DVD that doesn't seem like much work, so I probably should've done a segment off that too since the other workout was so short but....I didn't. Maybe next time!

Hello! Anybody still here?

We fell off of the face of the earth again. Or at least I did. I haven't been on CC at all since May of last year, and I haven't been on this thread since way before then! Anybody else wanna get this thread going again?

The FIRM is about to release a new infomercial system with a fitness tool called the ZIP trainer. I don't have dates yet, but the website said soon as in late August!
    I am yours, you are mine 11/13/04
    What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy 04/27/09
    What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl 05/18/12

I still do video fitness. I invested in several Cathe DVDs and love, love them. I got a few newish firm ones but I am really disappointed in their choreography. Even if people review them as challenging or hard to follow, I get bored. I wish they had done more with the incline box.
    She'd be his wife and make him her husband 5/03Ds1 12/22/09...Ds2 8/31/12

Hi Reenie! I'm still here! How are your kiddos? I'm so impressed you are still finding time to work out.

I still do the Firm a couple of times a week - I'm also doing Jillian Michaels Banish Fat once a week and I've switched out Get Chiseled for Jillian's No more trouble zones - I used to hate that one but I actually don't mind it now. I've also been doing two firm express videos back to back - turbocharge with Alison and the one with Emily - I really like both of those, they're only 20 minutes but I feel like you work the full 20 minutes. Finally, I bought the 20 minute Insanity DVD which is AWESOME. It really is a crazy 20 minutes. I've been toying with the idea of getting the Insanity series but not sure I want to pay that much for it. Two days (or more) days a week I do hot yoga.

Interesting that they are coming out with a new Firm series - I'll have to check it out!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Hello Kitty Which FIRM videos do you have that use the Incline Box/TransFIRMer? They have about 14 videos that use it, and although that's a good number, I'd LOVE even more! I've also heard lots of rave reviews of Cathe.

Lori Wow, sounds like you're really challenging yourself and switching it up a lot! Great work! One of my BFFs, the one who did a ton of FIRM stuff with me, is doing level 2 of JM Shred (I think that's the one), and she loves it!

My kids are keeping me super-busy and work is about to start for the year. I LOVE my students and I like my job (I love the teaching part and hate the other BS, so that equals like, right?!), but I am so, so sad to be leaving my kids again. But with those two factors (kids + busy work time of year), I am doing the Express workouts. My DH and I are doing a challenge with each other right now, and I want to win so much. Haha. But really, I do.
    I am yours, you are mine 11/13/04
    What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy 04/27/09
    What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl 05/18/12