Quantcast
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LOL, Reenie! I bet you're right - it sounds like they pack a full workout into express time. I find that Fat Blasting Cardio is a little like that as well, but these sound harder. It's funny, yesterday I did the Shred Level 2 and 3 back to back (which I've never done before!) and they are both so hard. Jillian even says "you want a 20 minute workout? Then you have to give it everything you have for 20 minutes". I like them though. I was curious about the Express workouts and whether they would just be shorter versions of normal workouts. I think I might have to get them! I saw there was a new toning one too - I think with Alison(?)??
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Yes, FBC is hard, but these are a totally different category if you ask me! I am glad you are liking the Shred; the FE workouts have "bursts" where you push yourself as hard as you can for 8 seconds and then recover for 12 seconds. They are, in some ways, very different from other FIRMs.

There are 13 FE workouts in the set: three led by Emily, three led by Rebekah, three led by Alison, three led by Kelsie, and a bonus led by Jennifer. Emily, Rebekah, Alison, and Kelsie each have a cardio, c+s, and sculpt.

There are a few new ones: there is a kit that has a weighted gloves workout led by Rebekah (not available through Amazon, I don't know why; it is on collage, though, and another one [maybe totalfitnessdvds]); there is a kit that has a weighted ball workout led by Emily; there is PowerBurn 45 which has Alison on the cover but it is just a repackage of three formerly released workouts (Cardio Inferno with Sue Mi from the TransFIRMation set; Cardio Dance Slim Down with Allie from the pink FIRMs; and Ultimate Fat Burning Workout with Alison from the pink FIRMs); Calorie Explosion led by Alison which I think is classified as cardio; and Target Toning- Zero in Ten led by Emily and Rebekah and are sculpts. Hope that helps.

Some people on the FB message boards were complaining about the price since it is essentially 13 20-minute DVDs with no equipment; I was a little surprised, but really, I didn't mind that much. I mean, I could have NOT bought them if I so chose. They ran a pre-sale special for FB message board members which was I think $80+shipping; that special is over, and now FB message board members get 10% off. This is one time when I am glad that I didn't wait to see if the special got better. They also will be airing an infomercial some time later this month (it will be posted on the FB message board prior to its airing, so if anyone is interested, let me know and I will post the info when I find out).

Hope everybody's having a great day! Today is one of my scheduled rest days for the week, and I am THRILLED for it!
    I am yours, you are mine 11/13/04
    What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy 04/27/09
    What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl 05/18/12

Checking in with FIRM Express Cycle 2: Accelerate Cardio+Sculpt for 178 cals. Loved it.

Checking in with FIRM Express Cycle 2: Accelerate Cardio for an estimated 200 cals. HRM konked out halfway through the workout. I was not happy.

Checking in with FIRM Express Kickstart Your Metabolism: Shortcut to Flat Abs (58 cals), FE Cycle 3 Cardio with Alison (165 cals), and FE Kickstart: Pump It Up (95 cals). Feeling good. I lost 3.5 pounds in the first week, and my work pants feel a little looser. I had gained some holiday pounds, so I am happy.

Still plugging along here, just not sure if anyone else is stopping by and I've been busy with starting more ( ) grad classes this week; anyway, can't remember everything, so I'll just check in with today's FE Ignite C+S and Accelerate C+S for 410 cals.

Bueller?

Checking in with yesterday's meditation and yoga.

Today was FE Ignite C+S and Accelerate C+S for 376 cals.

Hey Reenie! It's been a crazy month or so... DH was preparing for an overseas business meeting so that ate up of lot of him time and then he's been gone for a week (getting back today!!) so hopefully things will get back to normal. That way I can get my a$$ out of bed in the morning and workout!! I am fat and disgusting and feel like crap.
    The American Pit Bull Terrier - The pride is worth the prejudice.
    And baby makes 9 7/24/2008 ~ My Neglected Journal

Sue, I am so grateful for some company in here! I really hope getting back into the routine is easy for you. I know it's been much harder for me since becoming a mama; I'd start with good intentions, but it'd fall by the wayside. Maybe you could just start with the express/short types of workouts. I am sure that you are not fat or disgusting, but I'm sorry that you feel like crap, and I know I always feel better within the first week of being back into the routine.

We got a treadmill. I did that on Thursday (can't remember how many cals off of the top of my head), took yesterday off because I am taking Tuesdays and Fridays off unless I feel like adding an extra in (but I am back in grad school [again... now working on Masters+15], so I had to do my homework last night by midnight, which of course I procrastinated on), and today I just did a short 20-minute FE Cycle 1: Ignite C+S for 164 cals. Gonna watch the movie Social Network that DH just picked up from the Red Box.

Hope everybody else is doing well, too.

Hi ladies!

I'm still here. Let's see, last week I did 30-day shred levels 2 and 3 on Monday, Firm Total Muscle Shaping on Tuesday, Cardio Dance Fusion (most of it, I was running late and skipped the last segment with all the plies that I hate anyway), off Thursday, Jillian's No More Trouble Zones Friday and Jillian's Banish fat today. I'm feeling really sore though so I think tomorrow will either be off, or Jillian's YogaMelt if it's still on On Demand. I'm trying to do more of either the 30 day shred or Jillian's cardio workout and see if I can drop a few pounds (still, ugh). I'm also trying to decide if I want to start running again once it gets warmer. Mentally I know I should and I want to but I don't want to. I'm hoping to sort of get back to a 5K distance relatively quickly in the hopes of getting up to a 10k over the summer, but I have no idea how hard/easy it will be to get back to it. We'll see.

Reenie - still contemplating getting some of these express videos. Which ones are you liking the most?
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...