Quantcast
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Jill I hope that you have a good doctor and/or therapist who can help you through. Depression is a big problem in my family; my mom was clinically depressed in 2007-2008 to the point where she couldn't go to work or anything... something as simple as taking a bath would be her one major goal (and sometimes accomplishment, sometimes not ) for the day. I am so sorry about your experience with depression and the infertility issues that compound it. My DH was also out of work last year (from July of 2009 through February of 2010), and you're right, the job market in general sucks. I am glad that your DH also found work (even though it meant a move). Are you in eastern or western Iowa? I'm in Chicago.

Like Jill, today is my rest day. I may take her lead and rake leaves; I always do my workouts after putting Tim to bed, though, so it will be dark... maybe I'll wait until next weekend and do it while DH is home and can help...
    I am yours, you are mine 11/13/04
    What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy 04/27/09
    What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl 05/18/12

Um, duh, Jill, I just noticed you are specific in your location!

Jill -I'm so sorry you're dealing with a whole ton of emotional crapness. Like Reenie, I hope you have or find someone you can talk through stuff with who can help you. Depression/anxiety runs in my family and I had major anxiety when I started grad school - the kind where you know you're being unrealistic but can't stop yourself. It's so hard. I can't imagine dealing with IF on top of it all. I'm glad your DH found a job though even if it meant moving. Hopefully you can use it as a new start and it doesn't make things worse for you.

Checking in with this morning's UCB - I still really like that one!

Has anyone here ever worked with a personal trainer? I'm considering it. I just feel like what i'm doing isn't working - my weight is "ok" but my pooch and love handles are just horrible. I know dieting would help but I also feel like I could be doing "better" working out if that makes sense. I really wish I like running and felt like keeping it up in the winter - I saw some girl running on the way home, it's raining and she had a miner's light on her head. All I could think of was, do you really need to run that bad?! Clearly, despite doing 6 or so 5ks this summer, I'm not there yet.
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Checking in with DCA. I forgot how much I like that one! 441 cals burned.

Lori I agree, I NEVER get sick of UCB! As far as a personal trainer, I have not worked with one, but I would totally love to do so! Previously, I would have been too shy/unsure of myself, but now it's more of a scheduling issue. Eh well. My BIL is very good friends with a personal trainer who is a good guy, though, and he is in amazing shape; I will tell you since they were roommates in college and after hearing BIL talk about what his friend ate and suggested that people eat, the trainer will probably mention diet. Not what anyone wants to hear.

Things have gotten better depression wise. I still have my moments. Haven't felt the need to find a counselor since I moved here. In the summer it was bad

Check in yesterday with HD Sculpt express

Glad you're feeling better, Jill.

Checking in with a little more than 1/2 of Sculpt-ilates. I just wasn't feeling it, plus I am leaving in the morning for my annual Christmas shopping trip, and I have to do stuff to get ready. Tomorrow's my other off day for this week. Talk to you all on Sunday!

Reenie - I could probably figure this out but I haven't had my coffee yet. Which one is DCA? That's a nice calorie burn!

Thursday I did Jillian's cardio workout and was off yesterday. Today will be Total muscle shaping and maybe JF Abs. Tomorrow I think I'll do Jillian's YogaMelt. Did it for the first time last weekend and really liked it. It was hard on my arms/abs, not so much a cardio workout, but that's ok.

ETA: Never mind, I realized when I was doing TMS that DCA = Dangerous Curves Ahead. That's not one of my favorites, but that's a lot of calories burned, so maybe i'll add it back in more often! :-)
    Last edited by lbs27; 12-04-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Lori Yeah, I saw that YogaMelt on Collage Video and wondered about it; I am actually ordering myself some meditation-type yoga DVDs because my stress level has been through the roof.

Does anyone have Calorie Explosion? I am taking an unplanned day off because I am tired, it is late, and I got scared of the reviews (I've never done it before) on Collage.

I got my FIRM Express for Christmas (present to myself ) and started it yesterday with all of the resolutioners. HAHA.

OMG, it is HARRRRRRRRRD. Lori I think you would like it since you like the Shred... I believe the workout format is not too different.

I did Cycle 1 Ignite Cardio + Sculpt yesterday for 196 cals (for 20 minutes!), and I did Cycle 1 Cardio plus Pump It Up from the Kickstart Your Metabolism DVD for 303 cals today (30 minutes total). These things are NO JOKE. I know I've slacked in the past few weeks, but DANG, I feel like a total beginner.

Checking in with FIRM Express Cycle 1: Ignite Sculpt (20 min) for 154 calories. I started with the Beginner 2 rotation, but maybe I'll bump up to Intermediate after another week or so...