Quantcast
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default FIRM Believers Meet Here- Part Three

We are a group of women who use The FIRM series to lose weight, tone up, improve heart health, etc. The purpose of this group is to provide support and to make us accountable for completing our work-outs.

Let's use this group thread to discuss our favorite videos, tweaks we've made to using the videos (added ankle/wrist weights when not called for, increased other weights when we need to boost our workouts), review new videos, share our calories burned (if you have a heart rate monitor) and other successes.

Feel free to join at any time. Don't feel obligated to read the whole thread; just post on the last page with the following information (feel free to add or omit information as you see fit):

Me: name/age
    Using The Firm since:
    Why I use The Firm:
    Why I love The Firm:
    Firm Stuff I own:
    Favorite Firm Instructor:
    Favorite Firm Video:
    Total lbs/inches/body fat lost/gained:
    Miscellaneous Information:

Please post all updates in red.

If you don't have FIRM videos or equipment but you'd like to get some, there are multiple places where you can purchase them. To name a few, you can support CC and buy from Amazon, you can buy directly from the FIRM website, you can buy from Target (online or in-store), you can buy from individual sellers on eBay, or you can buy from Collage Video , to name just a few.

Also, if you'd like to share motivators, books, recipes, websites, tools, or anything else you can think of that helps you stay motivated, please do!

Your threadmistress is Reenie.

Link to first thread.
    Link to second thread.

Default Members

Active Members

Jill1228
    Me: Jill
    Using The Firm since: on and off since 1999 (now back on dammit)
    Why I use The Firm: It is NOT boring and it is a great timesaver. Oh yeah if you stick with it, "results, results that you can see"--Susan Harris
    Why I love The Firm: I can do it in the privacy of my home. The instructors are not barbie dolls. It is NOT a fad
    Firm Stuff I own: Every damn thing the FIRM has ever put out. Including old school rotation calendars, VHS, DVDs, catalogs, books
    Favorite Firm Instructor: Tracie Long and Allie
    Favorite Firm Video: Maximum Body Sculpting with Tracie
    Miscellaneous Information: in 2000 I did a pilgrimage to the FIRM. Took classes and met instructors

lbs27
    Me: lbs27/36
    Using The Firm since: Um, can't remember, I think December 04 for the regular series and I bought the Transfirmer about a year after that, I think
    Why I use The Firm: Used to go to the gym for aerobics classes and stopped when I changed jobs. I love this because the moves are a lot more like classes than other tapes I've tried
    Favorite Firm instructor: I like Allie, but not all of her tapes. I also like Stephanie and Lisa
    Favorite Firm Video: AbScuplt, Jiggle Free Abs, Ultimate Calorie Blaster, Supercharged Sculpting
    Total lbs/inches/body fat lost/gained

Reenie
    Me: Reenie, 29
    Using The Firm since: off and on since January 2004; restarted fall 2010
    Why I use The Firm: to lose weight, tone up, and be heart healthy
    Why I love The Firm: most of the instructors look "real," I see results quickly, privacy of using at home, convenience of being at home
    Firm Stuff I own: BSS I and videos, BSS II and videos, BSS III and videos, Transfirmer and videos, TransFIRMation system, the Wave, many props and multiple other miscellaneous videos
    Favorite Firm Instructor: Alison Davis, Allie Del Rio, Stephanie Huckabee, and Nancy Tucker
    Favorite Firm Video(s): AbSculpt (Lisa) from BSS I; Max Cardio Burn (Allie); Fat Blasting Cardio (Lisa) from BSS3; Express Cardio (Stephanie) from BSS3; Ultimate Calorie Blaster (Stephanie) from TransFIRMer; Calorie Killer 1 (Nancy); Super Cardio (spliced tape) from Cross-Trainers; Cardio Overdrive from TransFIRMation
    Miscellaneous Information: I love Spark People for tracking exercise, calories burned, and entering food and water intake (currently doing about 1500 kcal/day, 55% carbs, 15% protein, 30% fat); I also LOVE cardio, like ab work, and HATE sculpting

Scoutesina
    Me: Scoutesina/33
    Using The Firm since: Used it from Jan.-July 2005, am trying to get back to it at least a couple times a week
    Why I use The Firm: The tapes helped me lose 35 lbs. over about 8 months last year. I've kept it off with walking, but I need to get back to weight-bearing exercise, especially tummy and upper arm toning.
    Firm Stuff I own: I'm such a cheapskate, and I'm adamant that being healthy doesn't have to be costly. I bought 7 or 8 Firm tapes off half.com (thanks to a heads-up from my pal Reenie--most were about 99 cents plus $3 shipping). I use my trusty ten-year-old Denise Austin step instead of the Fanny Lifter, a broomstick and 3-, 5-, and 10-lb. hand weights instead of the Sculpting Stick. I don't have any of the newer Transfirmer series tapes so I don't know how/if I could improvise those.
    Favorite Firm Instructor: the blonde lady with the Southern accent. It's been so long, I can't remember her name
    Favorite Firm Video: I have some of the older ones but can't remember the names of my favorites. My least favorite is a really, really old one that's all arm-work, but sadly, that is what I need most.

Sue
    Me: Sue, 34
    Using The Firm since: early 2006
    Why I use The Firm: to lose weight and tone up
    Why I love The Firm: the results!, convenience
    Firm Stuff I own: Transfirmer and videos, random DVD's
    Favorite Firm Instructor:
    Favorite Firm Video: Ultimate Calorie Blaster
    Miscellaneous Information: I am also doing WW, I haven't been too motivated during the holidays, but it's time to kick it into high gear. During the summer when I was doing WW and The Firm, I lost close to 20 lbs. - and I was nicely toned.
    Last edited by Firm Believers; 11-30-2010 at 08:46 PM.

SAVED (just in case ).

OPEN FOR POSTING!

I removed inches/pounds lost from each member's info in the second post since it was horribly outdated. Please let me know if you would like me to update anything in your information or add anything to the thread.

um, my age needs to updated. Holy crap, is this thread really 4 years old? I'm 36. Ugh. It's funny I'm never sure how long I've been doing the Firm for, but now that I see I was early 30s when I started it certainly explains how it's not really doing for my body this time what it did last time!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Updated.

Lori Yup, I think this thread will actually be five years old coming soon! I'm sure you're being too hard on yourself about your body; you should post a pic!

Checking in with Rock It Off with Alison for 311 cals. Even though I have a few foot slipping issues, I really do like that one. Alison is so easy to follow and encouraging.
    I am yours, you are mine 11/13/04
    What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy 04/27/09
    What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl 05/18/12

Just subbed. I've gone through quite a bit. Battled (and am still battling) major depression. No motivation. Couldn't find joy in anything. Dealing with IF didn't help matters. I know losing weight would help. You get a BFN, get depressed, eat. It's a f*cked up cycle

And DH was out of work for 4.5 months. The job market in California sucks

He got a job offer in the Midwest and we moved to Iowa 2.5 weeks ago.
    That's what's going on with me

Checking in today with Cardio Party

Rest day today. Raking leaves for exercise