Quantcast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Also, I found these if you are trying to decide -
    P90X vs. Insanity

Which One is Better?

I like that I don't have to use weights or chairs, because I do it in my bedroom and its easier to not have extra gear. However, I do like weight training.

J + A *6.3.06*
    LBP *4.8.09*
    *Baby Pumpkin due 10.23.11*

I will be very interested to hear about your experience with Insanity. I've been doing chaLEAN and loving it, but due to scheduling issues I haven't been able to complete this week (Week 3) so I'll be starting it over again next week. I work out in my bedroom too, and have zero space, but I keep the weights on my bed (I have an adjustable weight set). I feel like it is making me tons stronger, and I like the program a lot. I wish I had the time to actually do it!! I was waking up early to work out, but I have work men coming to the house every morning so I felt too rushed trying to get out of bed, work out, shower, and get the kids up and dressed before the workmen came. Once they are gone I think it will be easier to get a workout in in the morning. I'm also worried because I'm going away for a week so I won't really be able to do it.

I am going to look at ChaLEAN, I have never heard of it until now.

I am excited about Insanity, although I only plan to do it for about a month and a half. We plan to TTC in the new year. I am just wanting to do something active and possibly lose some weight (10 lbs would be nice, ha.)

Are you wanting to lose weight, tone up, get in shape, etc?

J + A *6.3.06*
    LBP *4.8.09*

I really like the Turbofire HiiT workout. I do it on my off days from the gym. It's short, intense and fun. I've tried the P90x plyometrics workout as well. It's a really great workout.
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by ambula704 View Post
    I am going to look at ChaLEAN, I have never heard of it until now.

I am excited about Insanity, although I only plan to do it for about a month and a half. We plan to TTC in the new year. I am just wanting to do something active and possibly lose some weight (10 lbs would be nice, ha.)
    chaLEAN is 3 days of weights and 2 days of cardio. One cardio day has an abs bonus workout and the other has a yoga bonus workout. The weight workout is good, for sure. You use heavy weights and do slow reps. The cardio workouts are good, but those days the workout is longer and I've had trouble getting the full workout in. I need to work more cardio into the other days, though, with bike rides or running or something. Once things settle down in my house I think it will be easier to get a workout in.

Are you wanting to lose weight, tone up, get in shape, etc?
    All of the above, really. chaLEAN isn't supposed to be a huge weight loss plan, because you are building muscle, but it is definitely supposed to help tone up.

I have several friends IRL who are doing P90X, and they all love it! One of our groomsmen married a girl who went through marine boot camp (and got out of shape while there - she's that intense), and they both think the workouts are tough. He went from a little flabby to pretty ripped in the 90 days. Now they are on round two together.

DH and I bought it and started; however, I got pg and suffer from extreme m/s, so at the moment I can't handle the intensity of P90X.

I put on a lot of weight after my first child, so I needed something that was both weights and cardio. This routine provides both. It honestly took a while to see results on the scale (because I tend to put on muscle pretty easy), but I noticed a lot of improvement in my abilities almost immediately. I was outdoing DH on arm & shoulder workouts by the 2nd or 3rd workout. I've also never been able to do a pull-up in my life (couldn't even lift myself to where my arms were bent), and by week 2, I was almost doing one completely on my own!
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

TGR68-
    That sounds like great progress!! I am glad to hear you didn't see immediate results on the scale. I am a "daily weigher" and I am seeing GAINS! I know it will take a while to show a loss but it is discouraging.

We are going to TTC in January and I had hyperemesis with my last pregnancy so I figure I will have to stop working out when I get pregnant. That kind of helps me to do this, knowing that at some point I can get pregnant and be a lazy (albeit sick!) bum again for a while! )

J + A *6.3.06*
    LBP *4.8.09*

Ambula~Good luck with TTC! I am in my 2nd trimester and still dealing with the m/s. About all I can handle right now is my Wii (Sports, Resort, Just Dance, and Wii Fit). I figure it's better than nothing, and it'll be easier to get back to my regular Tony Horton dates when the time comes.
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

Hi all I'm from the uk and haven't heard about the P90x.
    What is it sounds interesting..
    Thanks

I just thought I'd bump this up since I'm thinking about doing TurboFire. Just wondering if anyone here has done it & has any feed back on it. Someone near me is selling it on Craigslist so I can get it a bit discounted.