Quantcast
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Karilynne - I think I am going to look into ChaLean. How long is each workout? Is it a 6 or 7 day per week program like P90x? Do you have to also follow a diet program in order to get the best results?

Quote Originally Posted by KK812 View Post
    Just coming back here to post that DH is getting me ChaLEAN. It does look like it's aimed more toward women(no pull ups I hear?!) so I'm excited to give it a try.
    Hmmm, looks interesting. I'll have to look into it more when I get a job
    The American Pit Bull Terrier - The pride is worth the prejudice.
    And baby makes 9 7/24/2008 ~ My Neglected Journal

There are NO pull ups in ChaLEAN Extreme, but a ton of push ups, which, I promise, you WILL be able to do, on your toes, full out by the end of the program!

The workouts are usually 30-45 mins long and you'll workout 5 days a week with 2 days off, but if you want to do Cardio on those days, that's cool too!

It's a 90 day program...every 30 days you'll progress to the next level. The program also comes with an AWESOME food plan and a motivational CD that you can pop in your car and listen to during your daily drive. I think it's a total of 6 CD's in all.

I'm in the same city as Chalene Johnson, and have seen the results from the test group first hand, and let me tell you, the results were AMAZING! The programs is so simple to follow, the food plan is so easy, it won't seem like work, and before you know it, your 90 days are over and you've got muscles in places you NEVER thought you would define (like your shoulders and abs)!

If you're interested in the program, send me a message and I can help you out...I'm a Coach for Beachbody and will help you through the program step by step!
    First came LOVE ♥ 01.19.00, then came MARRIAGE ♥ 05.25.03
    and then a BABY CARRIAGE ♥ 03.22.05

I just ordered ChaLean extreme (my husband is a BB coach). I can't wait! My hubby looks SO GOOD from his P90X workouts, so I decided to try ChaLean's program.

Does ChaLean's program include any sessions dedicated to stretching or to yoga?? Just wondering. This is one thing that I think makes P90X so well rounded. If not, I can always mix those two sessions from P90X in with the chalean extreme.

I'm excited! I didn't pay for the fastest shipping, just UPS ground... not sure how long its going to take, but I'm starting a new job in two weeks where I will have all my mornings to myself, so I'm hoping it gets here before then so I can start it with my new job and make it a part of my daily routine. Yay!!!

jeepgirl - not yet. I know they recently recorded (last few months) a PiYo (pilates/yoga) DVD for CXE, which I'm assuming would be an upgraded DVD.

Good Luck! Let me know how you like it!!!
    First came LOVE ♥ 01.19.00, then came MARRIAGE ♥ 05.25.03
    and then a BABY CARRIAGE ♥ 03.22.05

Question for Karilynne97 (or anyone else who can help!)

I got Chalene Extreme! The only problem is I bought it off of ebay and notice that there are missing books. I wanted to find out exactly how to use this product. Do you do Burn Circuit I for a full week or do you alternate the circuits daily? I have figured out that each phase is for 4 weeks, but am unsure about the rest. Thanks in advance for your help!

I just bought the P90X bar on Ebay yesterday and then I'll get some DVDs. I took the fit test, too. I'm so excited to start!
    Be obscure clearly. E.B. White

Okay, so I am starting to get serious about losing weight and getting in shape. I have a spinning bike and DVD's, but would like to do a 90 day program. I am trying to figure out if I should do PX90 or Chalean. Any suggestions?? I have about 100lbs to lose...gulp...seems like a lot, but I am so over being overweight!!!!

Default Beach Body Workouts: P90X, ChaLEAN, Turbo Jam, etc.

I need to do something about this laziness I've fallen into. I like the idea of a boot camp type thing, but I can't find one that works with my schedule. The Beach Body sets seem like a home version of boot camp, but I have no idea where to start!!

I'm not a beginner WRT exercise. Right now I can run 2-3 miles fairly easily, and I have some muscle. My regular routine has been running or stationary biking with some weights work. But it hasn't been enough. Point is, though, I'm not starting from nothing.

So where would I begin with these workouts? Turbo Jam? ChaLEAN? P90x? Something else?

Is anyone using any of these?

Bump -
    I am doing the Insanity DVD series. I am on day 2 and can barely move, so it is working!! I was running in the spring, took summer and fall off and now back to it. The DVDs are good for me since I am stuck inside! I borrowed them from a friend (I was originally wanting P90x.)

J + A *6.3.06*
    LBP *4.8.09*
    *Baby Pumpkin due 10.23.11*