Quantcast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default P90x

Anyone have the P90X videos? I had my 3rd baby 7 months ago and still have around 8-10 lbs that I just can't get off. I want something that will challenge me but I don't want something so hard that I will just give up on. and I don't want to look like a weight lifter or anything like some of the "after" shots do on the website/infomercial. Any feedback would be great!

I haven't done it, but while my husband was deployed he bought it on the cheap from one of the local markets where he was. He started it a little over a week ago and said that it is intense, but that he's noticing results already. Good luck!
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14

There is also a quiz that you take to see if you are physically ready to handle P90X because it is so intense.

It's in your best interest to have completed the equivalent of Power 90® or Slim in 6® before you begin. But if you're unfamiliar with these programs, we've set some guidelines for you to follow. If you are unable to perform the minimum requirements (listed below each exercise), you'll see better results by doing another fitness program before you take on P90X. So if you can't finish the Fit Test, do Power 90. You'll get great results, and then be able to come back and crush P90X!
    The American Pit Bull Terrier - The pride is worth the prejudice.
    And baby makes 9 7/24/2008 ~ My Neglected Journal

I feel like I'm hearing about this everywhere these days. Several co-workers are doing it and I think they've all been pleased with the results.

No doubt P90X gives great results - it's a little too intense for me though.

I have been doing it for about 4 months now and I love it. I do not follow the food plan or take the supplements, I just use the workouts.
    There are about 12 tapes and there are several different options that you can follow to get the look you are achieving- slim down, bulk up, or just tone.
    A normal workout is about 55 minutes. He also has a 16 minute ab tape that you do every other day. The ab tape is great.
    There are days where I can only do 1/2 of the workout due to time or because one of my 2 girls needs my and it still feels like a good workout. The plans usually consists of
    day 1 arms & abs
    day 2 cardio option
    day 3 legs and abs
    day 4 yoga
    day 5 shoulders and back and abs
    day 6 cardio
    day 7 rest
    You do that same plan for about a month and then you change to different tapes- it continues to get harder.
    I just recently added Turbo Jam to my workout and have been trying to create my own plan. It definately is an intense workout but it is really good!

I can't believe how this is everywhere!

My DH has been doing it for about 2 months. His co-worker has the videos and let DH borrow them. He's only doing the work-outs and yes, they are super intense. He does it 5 days/week before work for an hour and I can already see a difference too.

I can see results just from doing the Ab Ripper (you hate it, but you love it ) a few times a week. I've done the other ones when DH was doing it, but they definitely are advanced/serious workouts. They're just a bit too long for my attention span...
    She'd be his wife and make him her husband 5/03Ds1 12/22/09...Ds2 8/31/12

I love P90X, and think its a great program, but it's more for a person who's already in shape and wants to define muscle and get ripped!

If you're looking for a program to help you get in shape AND define muscle, I'd start with ChaLEAN Extreme. It's based on building lean muscle mass which, regardless of the program you use, will help you burn more calories throughout the day!

I'm a Group Fitness Instructor and in pretty darn good shape, and I had trouble with P90X but ROCKED it with ChaLEAN Extreme. In my opinion, I think P90X is more for men and ChaLEAN Extreme is more for women (totally just my opinion!); although both genders are able to use both programs.

Send me a message off CC if you'd like more info...
    First came LOVE ♥ 01.19.00, then came MARRIAGE ♥ 05.25.03
    and then a BABY CARRIAGE ♥ 03.22.05

Just coming back here to post that DH is getting me ChaLEAN. It does look like it's aimed more toward women(no pull ups I hear?!) so I'm excited to give it a try.
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14