Quantcast
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

I would assume the timing of everything is related to the E! publicity machine and less related to either Caitlin or Kim personally. But I don't know because I don't follow any of them at all, and I think E! is a waste of space.

I thought Caitlin was an odd name choice too. But picking a K/C name sort of makes sense. To me Caitlin sounds like a little girl name. Which of course adults have it too. But to pick it as a 65 year old was a bit of a surprise.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

HuffPo (I think) reports he has used that name ever since childhood, so it is apparently not related to the K clan (again, grain of salt.)

I always thought of Bruce as a different creature from the whole K circus. He actually had talent, he actually did something amazing, he was a notable human being with a real, incredible accomplishment. The others are...big asses and sex tapes.

Sure, Bruce lied to everyone, always kept secrets, and was not the most pleasant individual, but I imagine living under this enormous burden will do that to a person, make them very unhappy in general and cause that bitterness to radiate outward. I really hope Caitlyn leads a fulfilling life.

I saw the KUWTK special when they talked about it, and again, it seemed to be done respectfully. Bruce seemed way more at ease, and open with his children. He even had a candid conversation with Kris that seemed pretty real.

He acknowledged in the VF piece that he did make money from his appearances, and there is a "docu series" being made about the transition. But who cares. The guy didn't become a woman as a publicity stunt. He became a woman and just so happened to make a nice sum of cash on the side. Honestly, can't say I blame him. I wouldn't necessarily turn down piles of money, and in the process of going through it so publicly, he is also helping a lot of people out there. For all the Kardashians do with their celebrity (nothing), I am glad that Caitlyn has decided to use hers for an actual purpose that will likely help many.
    Last edited by skyblu; 06-02-2015 at 10:53 AM.
    J + A

My thoughts are a little all over the place on this topic.

I saw the Diane Sawyer interview a few weeks ago. I thought it was very good. I felt an overwhelming sense of sadness for Bruce and was happy for him that he was finally making the choice to be who he always felt he was meant to be.

I think Caitlynn is quite pretty and thought she looked very much like Jessica Lange.

I've read some articles recently that have me still feeling sad for Caitlynn/Bruce. Part of me wonders if she will ever be truly happy. I hope this comes our right, but, what I mean is, she has gone through with the physical transformation to become a woman and I am sure that brings some sort of satisfaction in and of itself. But, from what I gather, Bruce always felt that he was meant to be a woman. And to me, that not only means to look like a woman, but to have a woman's perspective, the ability to have babies (or not if by choice of IF), the overall "softness" of a woman, the nurturing touch of a woman, etc. I don't think I'm doing a good job at explaining what I mean. I guess I just wonder if she (or any transgender person for that matter), will ever feel completely happy/satisfied once they make the physical transformation, because there is SO MUCH MORE to being a woman (or man) than physicality. I'm aware the taking certain hormones will soften emotions, etc., but all of those innate qualities of being a woman (how we think so differently than men, etc.) can't be manufactured. Like, I wonder if she will feel like "something" is still missing. Does that make sense?

Above anything, I really do hope she is happy.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

I had some of the same thoughts as you Stevie, regarding her potential disappointment if the transition didn't resolve all her feelings. But after watching that Diane Sawyer interview it seems clearer to me that she really views herself as a woman, internally, emotionally etc. but that it was just her outward appearance and the social ties to that, that were in conflict. I would imagine rectifying her outward appearance to match her inner self would resolve a lot which is why I think she was referring to being free once the VF article was released.

I just hope for peace for her, and all people on a transgender journey. I can't even begin to imagine the complexity of it all for them and their loved ones. And while I'm certainly no Kardashian fan, I will say I think they are handling what must certainly be an overwhelmingly emotional experience remarkably well and have chosen nice words of support both for Caitlyn as well as those on a transgender journey.

As for the name Caitlyn... I don't know it seems to fit her for me. If I had to choose a new name for myself, especially now at an older age I don't imagine choosing something from my "generation" so to speak.

Caitlyn explains how she chose her name in this piece

http://www.people.com/article/how-ca...chose-her-name
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Stevie I think that transgender people *are* the gender they identify with including those feeling and instincts that are associated with being that gender. Their body is what isn't "right." So imagine you feel just like you feel right now but whenever you look in a mirror you have a dude staring back at you, that is how I imagine transgender people feel.

Stevie I think that transgender people *are* the gender they identify with including those feeling and instincts that are associated with being that gender. Their body is what isn't "right." So imagine you feel just like you feel right now but whenever you look in a mirror you have a dude staring back at you, that is how I imagine transgender people feel.
    Thanks dragon For Caitlyn's sake, I really do hope this is it, and the "only" thing missing was the physical transformation. But I worry that she still won't feel whole and like something still isn't right and ultimately will always be on the quest to find that one thing that will make her feel happy and complete. It's kind of funny because I think that many, many people struggle with that...... you know, the "If only xyz, then my life would be great."

BTW, I just saw the TV commercial for "I am Cait," which premieres toward the end of July. I can't wait to watch.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12