Quantcast
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

I am happy that she is finally living her true self and I hope she finds her peace in her life.

That being said, I find the whole thing too contrived and coincidental that Kim Kardashian announces her pregnancy and Caitlin's cover is revealed on the same day. I just want the whole family off my tv and out of my Facebook.
    "It's a great day for hockey!" - Badger Bob Johnson (1931 - 1991)

Kaitlyn builds a space shuttle!

I think Caitlyn and Kim are clearly separate issues. I think Caitlyn publicly transitioning will ultimately be a good thing and a milestone in our culture. Similar to when Ellen publicly came out and it is now considered a major event and did so much good for so many people. Kim and clan however are a waste of oxygen and I go out of my way to avoid any news about the Ks.
    I do find it irritating though that almost every article I have read about Caitlyn in the last 24 hours ends with mention of Kim's second pregnancy. It's like it's contractually obligated to be there! It's a shame that our media outlets can't focus on just one topic without throwing in inconsequential gossip crap to keep up with the abysmal attention span of our society.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

Quote Originally Posted by VASLP View Post
    I think Caitlyn and Kim are clearly separate issues. I think Caitlyn publicly transitioning will ultimately be a good thing and a milestone in our culture. Similar to when Ellen publicly came out and it is now considered a major event and did so much good for so many people. Kim and clan however are a waste of oxygen and I go out of my way to avoid any news about the Ks.
    I do find it irritating though that almost every article I have read about Caitlyn in the last 24 hours ends with mention of Kim's second pregnancy. It's like it's contractually obligated to be there! It's a shame that our media outlets can't focus on just one topic without throwing in inconsequential gossip crap to keep up with the abysmal attention span of our society.
    Word!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had such a negative view of Bruce Jenner for years that, just because she is transitioning into a woman, I am now supposed to completely change my view of her? She was such an ass when she was Bruce, but now no one seems to be allowed any negative feelings towards her because she's a woman? It's like everyone if giving her a free pass for being a dick for her whole life. I don't know what she went through and no one really does, but I can dislike her for reasons that have nothing to do with this transition.

Quote Originally Posted by VASLP View Post
    Completely agree.
    I'm surrounded by boys!
    DH 6/29/02 ~ DS1 3/2/06 ~ DS2 10/15/09

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Van Pelt View Post
    I've had such a negative view of Bruce Jenner for years that, just because she is transitioning into a woman, I am now supposed to completely change my view of her? She was such an ass when she was Bruce, but now no one seems to be allowed any negative feelings towards her because she's a woman? It's like everyone if giving her a free pass for being a dick for her whole life. I don't know what she went through and no one really does, but I can dislike her for reasons that have nothing to do with this transition.
    Umm, who said that? You can have whatever view of her you wish. Many people don't like Bruce and that won't change now that she's Caitlyn. But, this thread, and your prior comment, were directly addressing the transition. Not general public opinion of baseline character.
    Married 10/16/04

I was adressing the TIMING of everything, not the transition itself.

Has anyone heard her speak since the Diane Sawyer piece? When I was first out of Grad School I specialized in Speech Therapy with people going through gender reassignment to help train their voices to match their new identities. I'm curious what she sounds like now. I missed the Diane Sawyer interview but I got the impression he still sounded male overall.
    Married 10/16/04

Does anyone else find the choice of name interesting? Of course this is the perfect opportunity to pick whatever name you like but Caitlyn seems odd to me for someone of that generation.

Tacking on to that point, a friend pointed out that he picked a hard "k" name but used a c instead, in contrast to all the K names in that family.