Quantcast
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VASLP View Post
    I have to admit, (Bruce) Caitlyn Jenner looks better than I would have given him credit for...

http://www.businessinsider.com/bruce...caitlyn-2015-6
    (Odd source I know, but this is the first link I could find that showed the entire cover)
    That was my initial thought, but then I was thinking about all the airbrushing Whatever site I saw it on had a clip of the "behinds the scenes of the photo shoot" which had Caitlyn looking a lot more like Bruce.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

Default Celebrity Gossip- Part 6

Oh, I'm sure it's fully 1000% airbrushed. But not many transgendered people look fully natural up close no matter who they are or how many procedures they've had done. But, I never would have known it was Bruce if I'd just seen the picture out of context. And with her hands behind her (always the give away) I might have actually believed it was a natural woman if I didn't look too closely.

I do wonder if he's going to do the MAJOR surgery though. The tuck in the picture is a dead give away.
    Last edited by VASLP; 06-01-2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Married 10/16/04
    "If our thoughts are worth a penny, what are our dreams worth?"

I didn't read the headline first and just thought it was a great photo of a woman with a strong jaw.

VASLP I didn't listen to his interview, but I have read that he is not interested in genital surgery at this point in his life. He is content to live his life as a women but keep his man parts. I would think that at age 65 it would be very difficult to recover from something that body/psyche altering both physically and mentally/emotionally. Or it could just be that this is enough for him to feel like he is living the life he wants now.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

I admit I was shocked at this piece & cover. I had the impression he was a little wary of the attention. He never seemed the most willing participant in the Kardashian reality show. Quite the way to introduce your new female side to the public - not hiding anything!

This is kind of off the topic in that the person I'm going to mention isn't a celebrity, but it's related to the Bruce Jenner thing. I had a co-worker that transitioned and I knew him before and after he became female. It was interesting because I had always associated being transgender with transvestites and being overly female and "stylish" or overtly feminine (like Caitlyn Jenner). However this co-worker, I'll call her Mary, was not like that at all. She dressed in womens clothing, but it was never really convincing...if you get my drift. She always still seemed like a man playing dress-up. It was a case where I could tell it was really her inner self that felt like female because she was not really concerned with the trappings of being a woman, like the style and make-up and stuff. I always wished I knew her better and I would have nominated her for What Not To Wear, she was the PERFECT candidate. I think part of the problem was that as a 6'1" tall broad shouldered person she didn't really know how to dress that type of body with women's clothing (especially on a budget). I often wonder how she did with the full transition. I only knew her during the year she spent as a woman before going for gender reassignment surgery but left to have DD before she went on leave.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

IrishEyes: I got the impression that he wasn't comfortable on the show because he felt like a 'fraud' in his male body and role. They sort of touched on that in an interview that I read, not sure where. But now that she is living her 'true self', she is more comfortable going public and being an advocate for the transgender community. I think. Which makes sense. But yes, it's a very bold choice!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Radar Online (not sure how much of the site I believe) is saying that after she did the Vanity Fair cover that she scheduled the gender reassignment surgery (and has had it done) and had additional plastic surgery. I was surprised to read that because during the 20/20 interview I got the impression that at 65 years old that she wasn't going to go ahead and get it done.
    J&D - May 2005 *** E - 8/7/06 *** J - 3/17/09

I had a student who was starting to transition from a male to a female and the student eventually dropped out of grad school. I hope having such a positive role model helps those kids out there who are struggling with their identity.

I watched the Diane Sawyer interview and thought it was done very well and very respectfully. Caitlin seems much happier than Bruce ever did!

I have two friends who met through me when one was a man and the other a woman. They fell in love and got married, and the male transitioned to being female. The woman already knew the guy wanted to transition, and she is bisexual so she didn't mind starting out with a husband and ending up with a wife.

It seemed like a great situation but unfortunately the transgender individual had a very difficult transition, had some mental illness issues which apparently worse ed due to all the hormonal changes, and they ended up in a horribly acrimonious divorce and are still in a bitter custody battle which is still ongoing.

While it's sad that Bruce waited so long to be true to who he was, I am glad that he did it with apparent respect for his family. I imagine the transition is hard for everyone but they seem to be handling it well (of course, all this is just gleaned from what's in the media, so taken with a grain of salt.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    J + A