Quantcast
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

As for gymbo stuff I'm screwed as DD adores horses and purple so I fear the entire pony line will be coming home with us soon.

Haha gardenmommy, one of my BFFs is having that same issue for her DD!

boiler: can I use you as a reference too?
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

Everybody use me for a reference But I get first dibs on all 3 of your stuff

I've been online loading up my basket but my mom just called and they decided to come visit this weekend. So I think I'll wait until Friday and take her to the mall and let her buy the girls a few outfits instead of me. I had no problem putting $150 worth into my basket though, esp since they have plain jeans with adj waist for DD1. Those are hard to find!

Someone please tell me I'm crazy to buy ahead. I only have one gymbuck, and I never.ever. let them go to waste but I'm not crazy about the poppy line, and DD seriously does not need anything else for summer. I'm just terrified she's going to have some massive growth spurt and nothing will fit next summer, but the clearance prices are just too good to pass up.

Soooo...theoretically....if I WAS going to buy ahead, what size would you suggest for my 15-month old DD who is *just* starting to grow out of 6-12 month stuff? (she's 2nd % for weight, and 10th for height)
    R+P 11.09.02
    C 04.06.09 + G & J 12.19.11

I know, buying ahead freaks me out. I'm buying all 12-18mo and assuming it will work for fall/winter but I am going to be screwed if DD has a massive growth spurt and skips that size all together or something crazy.

Oh boiler - if only I was able to limit myself to filling my cart w/ $150 worth of stuff!

Honestly, I'd get 2T. If it doesn't fit her next summer, it would likely fit her the summer after that. And I'd go with things like legging/capris/tees so they can be used late spring to early fall vs shorts and tanks which have a small window of use.

The jean sale really isn't too bad though if she could use some jeans for fall.

Oh laura, my first look was $260 worth. So I pared it down. But it's way better to spend my mom's money.

I think it depends on where you live on what you will get the most use out of. Tees and shorts last us March/April-October. We have short winters most of the time. I would go with 2T still though because it's likely to fit her at some point.

Well I ended up using all my GBs instore. I bought mostly citrus stuff and the safari stuff for next spring/summer. I bought lots of tees for DS as well.
    DS 3/31/06
    DD 6/14/09

Right now DD is 7 months and she fits comfortably in 6-12 month stuff, and Gymbo actually runs slightly big/wide on her so she has yet to enter a size early. Do you think it's safe to plan for 12-18mo for fall/winter and 18-24mo for spring/summer? I'm not really clear where 18-24 month fits into the spectrum vs. 2T.

Haha, my first pass was $400!

Yeah new Trading Post members, I have some fall/winter stuff in 18-24 I will be posting soon from DD!

I hit Gymboree today, the store was busy! I like the girl's horse line much better in person and was ehh on the poppy line! I got DD the roll-up sleeved blouse and a legging and shirt outfit in that line. I scored some deals for DS2 for next winter.

I have always bought ahead with no problems from Gymboree. They seem to run a little bigger to me so maybe that is why. Shirts can always run a bit bigger. I've noticed some of their dresses can run long, I just stitched the straps on one for this year and will let it out for next. TCP seems harder to buy ahead for me, maybe I am just used to Gymbo sizing.

FallingforPhil- I agree with boilermaker and would get 2T for next summer.

laura - 12-18 month should work for fall/winter, that is what I am buying for Felix. I also bought him some 18-24 month for next summer. 2t is the size after 18-24 months at Gymboree, I know TCP is goes 24 months to 3T. There is no 2T. Usually babies seem to slow down on growth at about a year so you don't get those fast jumps in sizes.