Quantcast
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Congrats, MAK! My twins were my first and I was THRILLED, because I had none and had been trying for 2.5 years. When my twins were 12 months old, I had a SURPRISE! PG and I cried every day for two months. I knew in my heart it wasn't about the baby, but about having another child so soon and the logistics of it all. From the twins I knew how hard it was in those early days. I ended up having three children under the age of two.
    BUT! It will all work out and you will find your groove with three. By the time my son was a few months old, I could not fathom life without him and he was exactly what our family needed

jaja: From your post it seems like your doctors have recommended a SET? Are you still gearing up for after the first of the year? Not too much longer to wait!
    Loving my DDs and DS

Sea - Perinatologist recomenneded a SET, RE says he prefers a SET, but it is up to us. We will probably initially do a SET, and hopefully have success with that. We may revise to a DET if no early success. Yes, in January. My clinic's lab closes down in December and no way I seem to be able to get this done prior. I am ready to get this started.

So, I am about to order meds through my clinic, and have a question. Unless you are a known poor responder, my clinic allows the patient to choose between Estradial Valerte (estrogen shot) and Vivelle Dot (estrogen patches). Have any of you used either or both of these products? Any preference?

My thoughts are : One shot no big deal. Shots every day for 21 days are a slightly bigger deal. So, it would seem the patch is preferable, but if the shot is easy, I might do that, because the shots are 1/4 the price of the patches. I am also doing the Lupron shots, no choice about that.

Any advice is helpful!
    Last edited by jajacobsen; 12-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Jaja, I have used both the oral estrogen and the patch and I hated the patch. If the shots aren't bad, I'd go for that. It's hard to keep track of when to change the patch and they pull the skin off your tummy. I had all of this raw skin from the patches. Good luck!

I am celebrating today because I am DONE with the estrogen and progesterone suppositories (ewwww) because I'm 12 weeks. My ultrasound is Monday. I hope everything is ok !
    [COLOR="Magenta"]E[COLOR="Magenta"]va Alexandra. 5-28-10. [FONT="Comic Sans

mak27 - Thanks for the input. I wish I could do oral estrogen. Good luck with the ultrasound!

I would go with the patch, but I had a weird reaction to the estrogen shots where they caused major muscle aches throughout my body (although my RE insisted I'm the only patient he's ever had with that reaction). Keep in mind that estrogen injections are IM (Lupron is sub-q so an easier shot) so they're generally given in the upper butt/lower hip area. Although I did give myself one in my thigh when DH wasn't home to do it for me. Also, they might not be every day - I had to do them every 3 days.

Yeah, the fact that the shots are in the muscle does give me pause for thought. But, some people (poor responders) don't do as well with the patches. I don't know if I am a poor responder or not, but I want to give myself te best chance possible. The estrogen is daily per the nurse who just went over my protocol. So, daily painful injections verses up to 4 painful to peel off, expensive patches. Great choices!

Yeah, I don't think our clinic offers the patches since their preferred method is injections. This last FET I did oral estrogen instead but I've never had any problems with my lining.

Why do you have to do a patch or shot as opposed to oral? I'm just curious. I am a poor responder, and I always did oral- basically a birth control pill. Anyway, I would do the shots- IM shots are not bad, just harder to give to yourself. Personally, I only gave myself one IM shot ever because the one time I tried, it sprayed across the room, as did a ton of my blood- I have no idea how that happened!

I have completely forgotten which for what thing. But now that taffers mentions it I probably did BCP for estrogen- is this in advance of the cycle? Seriously I have blocked it out. I am a poor responder and I definitely did not do a patch. I did lots of shots so they don't phase me at all at this point. I would take whatever the clinic identifies as the best option, so in this case, the shot.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09