Quantcast
Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1071

I just read this article and found it so fascinating
    New test could predict IVF success - and if a woman will EVER get pregnant: Scientists discover abnormality in the womb that stops embryos implanting
    Genetic footprint in the womb lining predicts if IVF will work,experts say
    Women who are repeatedly unsuccessful have abnormal gene expression
    Testing for that marker can determine if IVF will be successful, study found
    It could also figure out if a problem in the uterus is blocking implantation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...mpossible.html
    Loving my DDs and DS

I appreciate any words of wisdom...a way to calm my anxiety...support. My husband and I decided to use an egg donor after 3 IUIs. My medical plan only pays for one IVF and being 46 with poor response to follicle stimulation made 3 doctors suggest egg donor. I am finally at peace with that (sort of) but after the past week I am FREAKING OUT!.

Our egg donor was recently in Costa Rica and then all I keep seeing on TV is about the Zika virus and pregnancy. The nurse said the practice discussed it and since we are looking for end of February/March cycle as long as donor does not present with any symptoms we will be fine. Ok - I can feel calmer knowing that...

Next my MIL has insisted on me speaking with a cousin on her side of the family who went through IVF. Well, after MIL bugging me about it several times I called the cousin. The cousin told me that she loved her Dr and was so happy she now has DD. I told her the name of the practice I am going to in NJ and she proceeded to tell me how much she hates that place, how they ruined 3 IVFs and 25 follicles. She went on about how she doesn't trust them, they are a baby making factory, they use the same protocol for everyone, she wouldn't have her daughter if she stayed there etc. I was appalled and upset but very cordial. I told her how her issue sounded very different then my issue - she wasn't getting pregnant with IVF but had a lot of follicles (they didn't make it to 5 day blast. Her new dr transferred on day 4 and ouila...baby). I produce 2-3 follicles now that don't really grow. That seems different to me. She suggested I call her dr for a consult. WHY? I had two other doctors - at world renowned centers - tell me egg donor is my best option...what is he going to tell me that's different? So, now I am angry that I called her. Annoyed that MIL pushed me to call and I can't get the sound of her voice out of my head. Unfortunately, I am a mental dweller and I am trying so hard to forget her negative comments.

I feel like this is my one shot at getting pregnant. With fees for this IVF we are currently out of pocket $18K. Our donor has donated before and recipients have had at least 2 live births. I am trying to stay positive but having a melt down today.

Good luck to you. I have no advise really! Does the clinic you are using have a "guarantee" that you can use? It seems that many of them offer to try X number of times for XXX amount for a live birth ..I'm foggy on that though and did not do IVF myself.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgwigan View Post
    Good luck to you. I have no advise really! Does the clinic you are using have a "guarantee" that you can use? It seems that many of them offer to try X number of times for XXX amount for a live birth ..I'm foggy on that though and did not do IVF myself.
    Thank you for the good luck wishes! Yes - They gave me information about a company that does a guarantee. I would need to pay them $35K for that though. We are not opting into that due to cost. So, as optimistic as I am about this...I figured, worse case scenario (hopefully) if the IVF was not successful the first time we would still have embryos we could use for another try - if need be at a another doctor with reduced ivf costs. Realistically, I would need the implantation only...

Good luck Kimyj. I did IVF with a donor embryo at age 46. Although I did a guarantee program, at a cost of about $35k, I was successful the first time. We were hoping to transfer the additional embryos for a sibling, but life got terribly busy and complicated for us, so we are happily staying with DD. We are currently in the process of offering our embryos for anonymous donation. Because they are from donor eggs (young donor) who has had several successful pregnancies of both her own and her donated eggs, our clinic feels comfortable they will be donated very quickly.

Jajacobsen - thanks for your post. I read the thread back from 2008 and I saw a lot of what you wrote. That is truly inspiring to me. Is there anything that you feel made you successful the first time?

I think it is wonderful that you are offering your embryos for donation. Our donors sounds similar in terms of age & successful pregnancies (although not her own). I don't know what we will do when we get to that stage. Our annual cost is $1K.

I am trying not to get to caught up in reading too much online - my anxiety keeps rising every time I read about another treatment. I've been a member here for years and feel a level of comfort with a lot of the members; so THIS is helpful with decreasing my stress. I am a month out...dr said diet coke is still ok for me (less caffeine than coffee which I don't drink). I have a couple of drinks on the weekend - that helps with anxiety and relaxation too. LOL! I will have about 4 acupuncture sessions prior to transfer and one on the day of. Other than that I am trying to take it one day at a time.

I selected my donor because her profile and health history was strong, she had a successful pregnancy of her own child, and her eggs from that same cycle had resulted in a pregnancy already. She was a proven donor with viable eggs. Further, she generally matched my physical characteristics, although DD looks very little like me specifically, she does look very much like my husband (his sperm was used) and she generally looks like children in my larger family group. I did not get too caught up in looks. I was looking for a strong history of viable eggs. I think that had a LOT to do with my success.

I also followed doctors orders to the letter. In that, I did not question his protocals, but I did have a good and open relationship with the nurses at the clinic and shared with them how my body reacted to things. I stepped away from the internet. I wrapped my schedule around what needed to be done, and never missed a lab test, shot or appointment. I did not travel nor did DH during the critical 1 weeks so he could give me progesterone shots. I used the pharmacy sources suggested by my physician and did not quibble or search for cheaper options. I trusted he had reasons for his choices. I ate well, slept well, and gave up intense exercising (running) even though it was probably fine but his advice was to not do so, so I didn't. I walked a lot. Drank a ton of water.

I don't know if it was any one of these things but collectively all of them helped. Realistically, the first 12 weeks is the most critical, so just suck it up and do/pay whatever they advise. There are no guarantees but I never wanted to have to second guess myself and think, "If only I had..."

Good luck and keep us posted!

There are still some other associated meds and fees, but FET is much cheaper than a regular fresh IVF cycle.

I am thinking good thoughts for you, but I don't have a lot of advice. IVF made me pretty crazy and there wasn't much people could say that would help me and not just make me annoyed. I guess I would just say feeling crazy is pretty normal for the circumstances. I would always hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I'm thinking good thoughts for you.
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

You ladies are already making me feel better.

laura

There are still some other associated meds and fees, but FET is much cheaper than a regular fresh IVF cycle.
    yes - I figured this we can afford and/or insurance would pay for parts of it.

jajacobsen - I too have listened to everything the doctor said. This decision did not come quickly or easily. I had a myomectomy in 2014 that took a long time to heal from. They saw 9 fibroids on film and removed 12 when they went in. In 2015 I had to have a hysteroscopy. The doctor feels that NOW is the time. I sure hope so.

Thank you so much for your support. I feel like I am coming down off the ledge a little bit.
    Last edited by kimbyj; 01-26-2016 at 02:51 PM.

Kimbyj - I happened to click on this thread accidentally, but there is no Zika virus in Costa Rica and there is no travel advisory for Costa Rica and Zika.

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/20...us-travel.html