Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Feb & March 2007 - I'm a Big Kid Now

Time to move over here. Like always, no point in making this difficult. This thread is just a place to chat amongst ourselves. I'll reserve a few spots in case we want to add any links.

Previous thread
    http://www.constantchatter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44067

If you need anything updated with this thread, please PM me (boilermaker) directly. I won't be logging into this account otherwise.
    Last edited by febmarch2007moms; 06-02-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Birthday List

Babies By Birthdate

January
    12 - LA Bride 2004 - Malcolm
    24 - E'sprincess - Madilyn

February
    1 - Sage - Aidan & Owen
    7 - Isobel - Evie & Jane
    14 - Shimmerstar - Noah
    17 - jenjen0713 - DS
    20 - Daniel's Kitty - Michael
    26 - rancherswife - Reece Carter

March
    2 - boilermaker - Payton Elizabeth
    3 - dpangel33 - Hailey Madison
    4 - Betsyboop - Amelia Claire
    5 - Tandis - Veronica & Audrey
    8 - Buffy - Morgan Alexis
    9 - Kindermom - Henry
    11 - danalou - Mackenzie
    13 - Orion - Dalton Alistair
    20 - miaclear - Aaron
    21 - littlemia - Claire

Save

Open for business. The last few posts from the previous thread...

dpangel:
    Dawdling - I wouldn't say DD is a dawdler as much as she just likes to be stubborn and not do what I want her to do. We've had issues with getting her dressed for over a year now; she's so opinionated on what she wears it's ridiculous. So I've finally given her control and let her pick out what she wants and that seems to help things go faster, except for days like pictures and such when I have a specific outfit for her to wear

Violence - She's always been violent but only towards me. She began hitting, biting, scratching back before she turned one then it got better when she turned two but now we're back to the horrid stage at three. She literally mauled me in WM one day that I couldn't regain control over her so I started bawling (still looking for the pics on 'People of WM' blog ). When she saw what she'd done she began crying too and apologized for hurting me. She and Daddy had a long talk when we got home and now every day she tells me she wants to make me happy and not cry so as soon as she starts to act up I tell her I'm unhappy and she calms down so I won't cry .

PT'ing - She's been day trained for over a year now and finally night trained last month!! Now if I can just get her to quit demanding I take her potty all the time at home it'll be great!!

Sibling Update - Well DD was sure she was getting a little "stister" but turns out she'll be getting a brother!!!

Vacation - I'm so excited for our trip to FL next week! We're taking DD to the beach, WDW, and to see a shuttle launch. She knows we're going to the beach but is going to flip when we get to WDW!!

shimmerstar
    Danea, congrats on your boy!

I haven't been back here in awhile. Noah's little brother Eli was born March 5th. Noah is a very caring brother and really seems to like the baby.

I will agree with the poster above who said three is WAY worse than two. He can be so obstinate and moody. He hasn't been too violent with us, but he sure used to be. He has always been a force of nature. He only listens when it suits him, and then screams bloody murder if he gets a consequence. I was so thrilled yesterday when I dragged him screaming from preschool because he didn't listen, and therefore didn't get a drink. We are so, so consistent and he continues to just test us all the time. Someday I will come to terms with the fact that he is not going to be a kid that accepts authority well.

We count for him too and it works about 60% of the time.

littlemia
    Dawdling- We managed to get out the door in 30 minutes today but we didn't do breakfast since I thought we'd just be gone for a few minutes. I think I may just have to feed her in the car sometimes. Probably some of the dawdling comes from not having a set schedule everyday. Hopefully she'll adjust to getting ready for preschool- that is if I find a preschool.

3 vs. 2- Everyone told me three was harder than two but so far I think they're about the same, just different. The whining and arguing have ramped up in the last few months and that's annoying, though. Actually, I think all of the ages have been difficult just in different ways. If she had eaten like a nornal child the infant and young toddler stages wouldn't have been so hard.

Danea- Congratulations! Hope you have fun (or are having fun) on your trip. It's been pretty hot here lately but it's nice at the beach. I didn't know there was a shuttle launch coming up. One of these days I'm going to have to see one up close.

Waaaah....my baby can't be a big kid
    Dirk & Amy 9.18.04
    Aaron 3.20.07
    Sydney and Elle 5.15.09

That's so funny Amy because I am thrilled that mine is more like a big kid It's even more amazing to me to see her with her older cousins.

I am not sad about him growing up, because I think it's awesome to see all he can do now, but behavior-wise, I want him to be two again! I can't even describe how crazy he can be right now!

Married~ 6-15-02
    Noah~ 2-14-07 * Eli~ 3-5-10

Quote Originally Posted by shimmerstar View Post
    I am not sad about him growing up, because I think it's awesome to see all he can do now, but behavior-wise, I want him to be two again! I can't even describe how crazy he can be right now!
    YES! Aaron was the sweetest little boy and then shortly before he turned 3 turned into a terror. He's still sweet...at times...but man, I'd LOVE to have my 2 year old back for a couple days.
    Dirk & Amy 9.18.04
    Aaron 3.20.07
    Sydney and Elle 5.15.09

Just thought I would give this a bump. Life has not been fun for the past few days at our house. Payton has been experiencing growing pains, which make for long nights. Then yesterday she got stung or bit by something and her whole ankle swelled up. The lack of sleep has turned her into a miserable mess and I am exhausted by the end of the day with her. I actually yelled at her this morning to just take the damn medicine already (she's been refusing all of it which is a real pain since she used to love to take medicine). Horrible mom that I am.

On the plus side, she's taking swimming lessons. She's a very cautious child so it is slow going but she's had 2 lessons and certainly made improvements both times. I'm hoping she'll be willing to go underwater by the end of the summer.

And we're starting to work on reading and improving her phonics. She's so interested in reading that I figured I might as well do it. So far so good.

I can't believe June is almost over though. I feel like our summer is going to poof, be gone before we know it so I'm trying to plan out some fun things for the next two months.

Well after that post, I feel like an even worse mom. Payton does not having growing pains nor did she get stung. She had an unexplained fever for several days 2 weeks ago and apparently this is all related. I guess she has a virus that her body is still fighting and she now has something called HSP. Basically her blood vessels are now inflamed from trying to fight the virus and it leads to a rash and then swelling in the extremities. Her other foot swelled up scarily fast yesterday evening (which obviously wasn't a sting/bite) so off to the ER we went and 4 hours, an IV, lots of lab tests later we finally got to go home with that diagnosis. I'd never hear of it before.