Quantcast
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    I am just so overwhelmed about how much I need to lose and so angry that right now I am losing the weight I gained these past 6 months - when I was already unhappy 6 months ago with my weight.
    Same here. I was unhappy with my weight at 150 and yet I let it go all the way up to 180. Now I have to lose more than 16lbs just to get back to 150 again.
    Marriage - 10/12/2003
    Lily - 9/26/2006

I am with you - I was hovering in the low 160 (which sucked) and got all the way back to 177 before I stopped myself and now I just can't seem to break back to the 160 and really I want to be 145/150.
    Hailey Morgan 8-6-2003
    Logan Danielle 5-25-2007
    Sugar and Spice and everything nice - two little girls!

I'm getting a little frustrated again that the weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like (does it ever?) So, I've decided to try the couch to 5K. I have bad knees and I'm not a runner at all, but it looks manageable. So, today I went and got a mp3 player (am I the last person on earth without one?) and I'm gonna download some free podcasts to walk/jog to. I have a friend that's also trying to lose weight and she's going to do it too, so hopefully that'll help keep me motivated. I'm starting tomorrow and let's hope I don't blow a knee or something equally silly!
    Only thing better than having a boy, is having two!
    Jack Ryan 1.12.06
    Tate Daniel 6.23.11

delurking...

Medako - come join us in the C25K thread if you haven't already. There are a bunch of us that just started recently and I think it's great for motivation and accountability.
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Thanks for the support here on the weight issue. I know I'm eating enough, because I have gained weight. It isn't that the weight just doesn't come off, if I eat over 1500 calories a day for more than a few days I gain 2 pounds immediately. So I have to stick to 1200-1500. I track calories through SparkPeople, though I have been slacking (which is why I'm going over). I have entered all of my recipes into their site, and I know my portion sizes, so I know my actual meals are fine. It is the snacking that kills me. The mindless eating after the kids go to bed. The emotional eating. The "I had a shitty day so dammit I'm having Thai food and chocolate for dinner" stuff. I'm sabotaging myself and I don't know why. I've been thinking about it a lot the last week or so, and maybe it is because I've told myself I'll be so much happier when I lose the weight, but on some level maybe I am afraid that won't happen so I don't let myself lose weight? You know, like I'm afraid I'll lose all the weight and still be unhappy, so all the effort will have been for "nothing"? I don't know. Maybe I'm just afraid of failure, so I sabotage myself. I need to think about it some more.

I know a few people mentioned portion control being an issue, is it a matter of not knowing a serving size? Or is it that you know the serving size/portion size but you take more food anyway (I've totally done that). If it is an issue of not knowing the right portion size I can try to find the guide that helped me. I'd also highly recommend getting a food scale. I reluctantly got one, and now I don't even need to use it as often because I can eyeball my portion sizes. Now and then I'll use it to check myself, but it really taught me the proper portion size of meats, cheese portions, etc.

Hi all....we just had DS's 2nd birthday party this past weekend...and after looking at the pictures I'm so depressed. I've been on a "hard-core" diet (no pop just water, not sweets, pasta/cheese etc) I just cut back before and it did nothing. I was on cymbalta for a year and a few months and gained 30+ pounds while on it . I'm off now...and for the last month I've been weaning off it I've really stepped up my excercise etc. I've lost 8lbs...(I'm now 160lbs.)..everyone tells me how great I look now compared to before I had DS (115) I don't believe them at ALL. I was feeling so good about myself after losing the 8lbs. wore a new top to DS's party...and I got to look at the pictures today..and I can't tell I've lost anything...I look horrible..and it makes me so sad.

I was born with a cleft lip and palate, NEVER in my life had I ever had to worry about my weight, even after having DS I got back down to 130..only 15 away from where I was and not too bad to me. I liked how I looked right after he was born, and then when he was 10 months old the depression/anxiety got to be too much and had to go on cymbalta. I gained 10 pounds in the first month and it went down hill from there. Anyway the point in my saying I was born with a cleft. My insecurity has always been my face, well that insecurity hasn't gone away and now the one thing I was always proud of/felt good about (my body) is gone now. I hate looking in the mirror, and going anywhere really, because I hate wearing anything but sweat pants and t-shirts. I feel like everyone is staring at me worse than before. Now they notice my weight..then my face...sorry to be such a downer, but seeing those pictures really knocked me down tonight.
    Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

Mrs.SpencerI know how awful pictures can be. I haven't been happy with photos of myself for the last 2 years since I gained back a bunch of weight I had lost. I have no words of advice, but I totally get it and understand what you're feeling. Keep up with what you are doing to lose the weight. I know when I start feeling like this I throw in the towel and eat a ton, which just makes me feel worse. Stay strong!!!!

Medako C25K is awesome! I did it a while ago, but then sort of abandoned it and just started running, and C25K totally got me into running. I am now at a point where I can comfortably run 5 miles, whereas before I couldn't even run a mile. My advice is to go slow, and don't try to run at too fast a pace. My biggest mistake in running is that I compare my pace to others' and I feel like I should be running faster, so I increase my pace and I end up totally winded and unable to breathe, etc. So I run slowly and I go farther. One of these days I might work on my pace, but for now I just want to be able to keep up with what I'm doing.
    Last edited by Grenouille; 04-25-2010 at 08:20 PM.

thanks grenouille...I did eat a fudge round...but stopped at one...I used to eat the whole damn box.
    Married 6.9.07
    Nicholas Harold 4.29.08
    Layla Marie 11.30.11

Mrs. Spencer - I know what you mean about pictures. We did family pictures when DS was 18 months old (he's 4 now), and I looked AWFUL and I didn't give a single picture with me in it to friends or family. Since then I've only been in a few random snapshots and never by choice. I just can't stomach looking at myself in a picture. So, as one of my goals for losing some weight, I want to do family pictures that I'll be happy with. Something I wouldn't mind displaying or distributing.

Grenouille- I'm having to start this little project slow. I have short fat legs, with bad knees, so keeping a pace with anyone but a turtle might be impossible. But what I'm really hoping for is to lose some more weight with it, and get more energy. The girls doing it with me want to find an actual 5k to do when we make it through the program, and I know that's good motivation, but I'm kinda afraid. Neither of them are as heavy as I am, and they can both run faster. So either I'd slow them down, or they'd rush off and leave me. I don't know...crazy fears I guess.... but I'm starting today. I've put some music onto the mp3 and so we'll see how it goes...
    Jack Ryan 1.12.06
    Tate Daniel 6.23.11

I'm a total slacker... seriously, I got on the treadmill to do the first day of c25k, and I only made it halfway through before my knees were about to give (I have weird ligaments that have shortened and hold my kneecap on my knee crooked and sometimes they just slip out of place, and when that happens, I'm usually down for a couple of days).

I'll probably start feeling even worse in a few hours for not finishing the whole thing and at least try to do half of it again...but I don't think that's the point of the program - not spread a 30 minute workout into pieces throughout the day. ugh..I'm so frustrated with myself!
    Jack Ryan 1.12.06
    Tate Daniel 6.23.11