Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exercise During IVF?

So normally I run 3-4 times a week, but was told by my doctors it's not a good idea during IVF. I don't know if it's all the hormones or my not working out, but I have been DRAGGING this past week and am really missing running. I was told I can walk, but I was hoping for something...faster. Anyone willing to share what their gym routine was like during IVF?
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14

I'm not a runner or anything, but I used to do pilates regularly and I definitely stopped doing it during IVF. I seem to remember light exercise being ok during the first part of the cycle, but nothing that requires a lot of twisting or turning. But once the ovaries start to get swollen and then from the retrieval through the 2ww, I would hold off on doing much of anything.

I'm sure it's tough to not be able to exercise if you are used to it, but your body is doing a lot right now so I would give yourself a break. It could very well be the meds that are making you tired. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I guess that means yoga's out of the question, too! I'm sure you know, but it just stinks that when you're feeling like crap you're prohibited from doing something that makes you feel a little better!
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14

For my last [successful] cycle I did 30 min on the elliptical machine a few times a week until I started stims, IIRC. I might have done it the first couple of days of stims, too, but I usually feel pretty tired on all the meds so I don't remember exactly. Hang in there!
    isabella noelle :: 12.7.09

I was told in no uncertain terms that once I was a day or two into stims I was to stop all exercising as well as any housework that involved bending, push/pulling (like loading and unloading the laundry). The reason I was given was because the ovaries will become very heavy due to the amount of follicles growing, and the strain could cause them to twist which *could* result in serious issues. I think I did some very, light walking once I started stims (like around our subdivision) just for my sanity. But it was at a slower pace than normal.
    Up until stims, I worked out like usual.

GOOD LUCK! I'm really hopeful for you
    Loving my DDs and DS

Thanks again. I guess I'll just have to deal with the ants in my pants until the cycle is over(and hopefully I'm pregnant!). And thanks for the encouragement, sea. Means a lot.
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14

I have no advice about this, but you really need to start updating your LJ
    Megan and Derek: 6/15/02, Dean: 6/27/05, Reed: 10/3/07, Ruby: 11/21/11
    My determined purpose is that I may know Him.

Alright, already! Updated.
    e1~12/24/10
    e2~12/21/14

I would stick to your doctor's orders. Granted, I did IUI and not IVF but given how expensive it can be I just wouldn't want to risk anything that could compromise it.

Both cycles I was told not to exercise even brisk walking. In fact, for the first and only successful IVF, I was told not to exercise for the entire first trimester because I was having issues with low progesterone. I followed the orders of the doctors. I think not exercising for awhile is a small sacrifice in the long run when considering the positive outcome.