Quantcast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

lbs27 - Ha - I like the idea of running also, but like you, can never actually get into it. However, DH and I are starting the Couch to 5K program starting in mid-May (we'll be somewhere else for the summer where it's actually possible to run, as opposed to where we are now). Anyway, hearing your feedback about the running made me hopeful that the program will be kind of smooth sailing for us. I'm really eager to get started and try something new!

As for the Yoga, I'll definitely come back in and post my thoughts after I get it. When we lived elsewhere, I did a decent amount of yoga at some local studios and I really loved it...but I'm sure her video will be "yoga-esque" as opposed to "true" yoga. Which is fine, I just wanted to get some variety to keep me interested.
    m.m.m. 6/07
    o.e.m. 4/09
    c.l.m.m. 12/11

Ha--how funny, I was actually considering the C25K program too! I read about it on here and was hoping to find some sort of program I can download. I need help with time, speed, distance, etc. for running. Or at least I feel like I do!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

I like the *idea* of running, but hate running and could never get into it.
    This was me for a long time. I started running because it was so difficult and I knew I was getting a good workout. It took awhile but now I actually enjoy it. I ran a half marathon about a month ago and had a pretty decent time. I didn't use a program. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but you definitely don't need one to run.
    C 3/21/07
    It's a girl! D 8/3/11

Quote Originally Posted by lbs27 View Post
    Ha--how funny, I was actually considering the C25K program too! I read about it on here and was hoping to find some sort of program I can download. I need help with time, speed, distance, etc. for running. Or at least I feel like I do!
    I've done the C25K twice and plan to do it again this year. I have an iPhone/iTouch app that I LOVE, but ran it the first year using podcasts (I linked those in the C25K thread). I want to like running, too, and by the end of the program I feel pretty good about running a 5K, but keeping it up is the hard part for me.
    G.E.S. - 3.7.06
    M.A.S - 10.1.08
    H.I.S. - 11.4.11

I have the 30 day shred and agree that is is ROUGH! I really do like it though. I like her no nonsense attitude and it is a great little 20 min workout. I have only done the lvl 2 a few times
    Marriage : 1.15.05
    Benjamin : 4.26.06 : William : 4.7.08
    Samuel Evans is here! Born 10.11.10 weighing 9lbs 6oz and 23" long

I just started the 30 day shred and I love it! The second day was really tough, as I could barely lift my arms to brush my hair, much less workout! But my body seems to be getting used to it.

I thought I was in fairly decent shape since I run a few times a week, but this is totally different. I can really feel myself getting a great workout. I've never been one for doing weight training, but this is just so doable. Hoping to see results soon - I'm not looking to lose weight, but would love to have toned arms this summer. Like many of you, I've just accepted that the "muffin top" is just not going away without surgery (I have a diastasis wich doesn't help either).

I've been doing Level 1 for 4 days now, and I'm totally scared to do level 2. How did you ladies progress from level to level.I'd also love to hear how you like the yoga program, steel city!

Kristin- I found the hardest part for me between Level 1 and Level 2 was the cardio circuits. I get winded very easily (although I'm working on that through C25K) so for me the cario in Level 2 is a lot more wicked than Level 1. I could very rarely get through an entire segement without a 5 second break. But as far as the strength and abs, it's not much harder.

On the strength circuits, it's little modifications- instead of doing biceps with alternating lunges, you have to hold a consistent lunge for the entire segment, and more difficult push up series, things like that. On the abs, it's a lot of plank exercises.

I have not braved Level 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kristin View Post
    I just started the 30 day shred and I love it! The second day was really tough, as I could barely lift my arms to brush my hair, much less workout! But my body seems to be getting used to it.
    I just started, also! I've done level 1 twice now. I really feel it burning!

I've given up on my stomach pooch as well, without surgery. So I'm just going to do my best and see where it takes me.

Great job ladies!

I did Level 1 once and thought it was too easy so I skipped ahead to Level 2. I did Level 2 and 3 simultaneously as I was really just looking for some new stuff to add in with my other Firm videos. I think Level 2 and 3 are similar in intensity, but work different muscle groups. I think for me, the third segment of each is the hardest and I would say within those, it's the strength moves. Let us know how you're doing!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

hi, ladies! sounds like everyone is kicking some ass. i've been getting put through my paces with the new dvd's we got...DH and i both really like NMTZ. i feel very strong during it and i think i'm getting pretty toned.

i tried BFBM for the first time 2 days ago - WOW. it was HARD. i thought because i'd been doing Level 3 of 30 Day Shred for awhile that it wouldn't be that much harder. but 45 min of straight cardio is pretty damn tough. i feel like the C25K program that i plan on starting next month will a breeze compared to that damn routine. i did the full program twice and then today, DH and i actually did 3 circuits from BFBM and 4 circuits of NMTZ....he said i had to ease him into the cardio.

i've only done the yoga video once and i didn't love it. i immediately liked the other 3 videos, but i didn't feel the same way about the yoga. i do need to give it another shot though - at the time, my toddler was squirming underneath my plank poses and otherwise distracting me, so who knows.... ;P
    m.m.m. 6/07
    o.e.m. 4/09
    c.l.m.m. 12/11