Quantcast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jillian Michaels' workouts

I wasn't sure if I should put this under Exercise or Diet Programs. Is anyone doing Jillian Michaels' videos? I've been doing them since October, but not following her diet program. My usual routine is Banish fat boost metabolism on Monday, 30 day shred level 3 on Tuesday, either BFBM or Zumba class at work Wed., 30 day level 3 Thursday, off Friday and then BFBM Saturday and Trouble Zones Sunday.

I've definitely seen improvement in my arms, back and legs. I feel like my core is stronger, but there's still flab over the muscles. The area under my belly button in front and all the way around hasn't gotten any smaller (the muffin top). I almost feel like the other areas being toned are actually making that area look worse if that makes sense.

has anyone done her program including the diet vs. not including the diet? I felt like I was in an exercise rut after doing the Firm for over 2 years, so I switched to Jillian and thought I'd see more difference having switched things up. I've gained 2 pounds since I started also, though that could be muscle I guess. If anyone is doing the diet part too, what is it like?

TIA!
    Lori & Scott October 26, 2002-10 years down, a lifetime to go...

Hi there - I was actually just thinking about posting about her workout videos - funny timing! The only one I have / do is the 30 Day Shred, which I love. It's short enough that I can squeeze it in in the morning while DD2 naps and DD1 plays, which I love. But more importantly, I feel like I truly do get a good workout. We (DH often does it with me) just moved to Level 3 a few days ago and I really like it.

Are there any other videos (Jillian's or otherwise) that are similar in intensity to the 30 Day Level 3 segment? I'm not good at dancey type things.

It seems like you like the BFBM video a lot - would you recommend it?

I have not been following her diet (or any other one for that matter!), just trying to stay active. I have noticed a definite difference in my body though...but like you, I still have a little pooch of flabby skin on my tummy. It's that extra flab that came from having 2 babies in just under 2 years. I'm not killing myself to get rid of it right now since we plan on TTC late this summer...but after that baby, I want it to be gone!
    m.m.m. 6/07
    o.e.m. 4/09
    c.l.m.m. 12/11

I have been doing the 30 Day Shred for the last 3 weeks, and level 2 still kills me! I am hoping to make it up to level 3 in the next few days though.

I (and DH) have definitely noticed that my legs/stomach are more toned and I have lost around 4 pounds, but I have also cut soda out of my diet, (it's amazing how bloated it kept me!) as well as most sweets. So I am not following her diet plan, but I have changed what I was taking in and not eating out as much. I still have a little pooch in the stomach area, and my thighs need a lot more to go, but progress is progress!

I actually just got the other 2 Jillian DVDs and am hoping to rotate those in with the 30 Day Shred over the next week. So I am hoping to see more results soon!

Thanks to both of you! I like the 30 day shred. I think both Level 2 and Level 3 are similar in intensity, although they work different parts. I HATE that move in the last circuit of level 2 where you are squatting and bringing our arms up in a V, so hard. Level 3 is good, like steelcitymama said, it's only 30 minutes and it packs a punch. The one thing I've noticed about all of her videos is they don't seem to get all that much easier. I mean, the moves become a little more comfortable, but it's definitely not easy even after months of doing them.

I really like BFBM - pure cardio and it's pretty intense. Although I really like NMTZ also because even though it's sculpting, there's so much 4-limb work that I'm out of breath too.

I definitely think they're good for toning arms and thighs and sides of the abs!

I tried the 30 Day Shred a while back and was so sore I could hardly walk for 2-3 days. Just sad. Anyway, I enjoyed the videos, and I honestly love JM's personality.
    Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings
    we continue to fly...on broomsticks.
    We are flexible like that.

If any of you have Exercise TV (available through some cable companies, not sure about satellite), some of her workouts are available on there. Right now I think they just have part 1 of the 30 Day Shred and an abbreviated version of either Banish Fat Boost Metabolism or No More Trouble Zones but I've done the entire 30 Day Shred and the full versions of BFBM and NMTZ on Exercise TV. They also have a Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout, which is a decent 25-30 minutes of strength and cardio combo, and the first level of her new yoga video on there now.
    C 3/21/07
    It's a girl! D 8/3/11

I have the 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones.

I haven't done 30 Day Shred as an actual 30 day program. I just mix up Level 1 and Level 2 (have not attempted Level 3 yet) for variety. No More Trouble Zones is too long and too intense for me to do all at once, so I also break that into two 20 minute worksouts. Just whatever I feel like doing that day, I pop in that CD. Until the last few weeks when we were packing and moving out of our house, I was doing it consistently 3x per week.

I'm curious to read about her diet program. Is this online? Can someone point me into the right direction? I think I would be more likely to do 30 Day Shred as an actual 30 day program, if I could also incorporate the diet.

I really don't think her diet program is much different than any other out there: emphasis on lean meats, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, limited sugar and fat (and mostly "good" fats at that) and lots of water.

I still do the 30-day shred 3x/week, doing each level on a different day. I like that each level has different exercises. And yes, the chair-squat with the V-raise is EVIL. JM is motivating, and I do like they have the modified and advanced versions of the exercises. I haven't made the move up to Natalie yet!

You can't spot tone certain areas. I am always going to have the little lower tummy pooch (which is even poochier after having two kids. ) because that's just how my body is. Even if I were to really cut back on my calories and somehow lose these last 5-10lbs which Refuse to budge, I'd still have it. I can't magically tighten back the skin that stretched without having plastic surgery. I want to borrow No More Trouble Zones from my sister to try it out. I've been incorporating some other workouts into my routine, but am always looking to try new things.
    G.E.S. - 3.7.06
    M.A.S - 10.1.08
    H.I.S. - 11.4.11

I haven't done 30 Day Shred as an actual "program" either. I've been doing it 6 days a week for about 6/7 weeks now and am at Level 3 and can do "Natalie" on most things, except not on all the ab moves. I haven't really changed the way I eat at all, though. But in general, we eat a really balanced diet full of all the good stuff we should be eating. That being said, we did make ice cream sundaes last night.....

It's made a definite difference in my body - it absolutely looks and feels different. I lost a few pounds, but nothing earth shattering. But I wasn't really looking for that as much as I was looking to firm up, which is definitely happening. Yes, I'd like to lose a few more pounds, but I know I'll need to really buckle down in terms of the occasional treat and I'm not sure how committed to that I am right this second.

kdotp - Thanks for the reminder about some parts of your body just being the way they are. My tummy pooch is just like you said - just extra, loose skin in my lower belly that got stretched out. I'd really love that to just magically go away, but no such luck. It can be frustrating, especially because for the first time ever, I'm actually starting to see actual ab definition. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

I just ordered BFBM, NMTZ, and her "Yoga" video. In general, I don't really like exercise videos, but I do seem to like her style so I thought I'd try out some others. I'm getting really tired of 30 Day Shred and need to mix it up. Where we live for the majority of the year is very isolated and this is basically the only way for us to make sure we're getting exercise on a regular basis.

ETA: oh yea - that V raise is KILLER! and so are those freaking jumps that make up the cardio component of the 3rd circuit in Level 3.
    m.m.m. 6/07
    o.e.m. 4/09
    c.l.m.m. 12/11

[QUOTE=steelcitymama;2001974]
    It's made a definite difference in my body - it absolutely looks and feels different. I lost a few pounds, but nothing earth shattering.

QUOTE]

steelcitymama--Thanks for this. I was really curious what others' experiences were with respect to just the exercise without diet.

I agree, my arms/legs are definitely more toned. As I mentioned, I really like BFBM. Last night I went for a walk because the weather was awesome and I decided to try and run a bit. I like the *idea* of running, but hate running and could never get into it. Last night I managed to run for 2 10 minutes segments, separated by about 8 minutes of walking. i know that is more running than I've ever done and I could have done more but my calves/shins hurt. Cardiovascularly, I was great, which I definitely credit to Jillian!

Those jumps at the end of Level 3 are hard - I actually do the jump squats and then jump rope/jumping jacks instead of the "rock star" jumps. I just feel ridiculous doing those.

steelcitymama--I tried a couple minutes of the yoga video on On Demand and wasn't thrilled but I'll try it in full at some point. I'm just more of an aerobics/step person than yoga. Come back and let us know what you think!