Quantcast
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

DS also rubs his blanket. He has worn the thread loose in one corner so he can hook his finger through it. He does that and then sucks his middle and ring finger as he always as. With the other hand he flexes his hand and rubs back and forth, back and forth. So damn cute.

DD had the iPad tonight and I found this gem in the photo album, along with several others.

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

DS (7yo next month) is still pretty attached to Penguin. He is sitting on the couch playing Minecraft right now, and his Penguin is sitting next to him, positioned behind his own x-box control so they can "play together." He still carries him around the house and sleeps with him at night, but Penguin never leaves home.

I just found this picture of DS1 with MY lovey from when I was little -this little kitty was given to me by my uncle -he lost his tail so my mom sewed on a gingham tail and always told me he ate a gingham dog. He now lives in my china cabinet.

ETA: DS1's loveys are on the couch next to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gia View Post
    Mine also just attached to their blankies on their own. We used to swaddle them in the Aden and Anais muslin blankets and by about 4 months they were clutching at their chests to rub their fingers on the blankets. Then we used the aden and anais sleep sacks made from the same muslin fabric once we stopped swaddling (and they would clutch at the chest as they fell asleep). When they were awake and needed comforting we used the blankets. They just always loved those blankets and were so calmed by them! Now they are 3.5 and have other blankets in their toddler beds but they call their muslin blankets their "cold blankies". The muslin does have a nice cool feeling, haha! The other funny thing is that we have about 6 of them and it usually does not matter which kid has which blankie (fortunately, so I can rotate them and wash them!)
    DD2 has "B," which is any of the four Swaddle Designs Ultimate Receiving Blankets we have. Two of them were DD1's and were handed down to her, and the other two have only been hers. It doesn't matter to her which one she has, and all of them are different. She has never left the house with them and isn't crazy attached, but she does have to sleep with a B every night.

DD1 never grew attached to anything, and DS is only 7 months, but maybe he'll learn to love his Aden & Anais swaddle blankets (we had to get new ones for him since DD2 sleeps with the other swaddle blankets we own). They are so nice and soft!

DS is 5 and is still very attached to "Little Blanket." Little Blanket is a small square of fleece with the silky loops (tags) all around the outer edges.
    Little Blanket used to be carried all around the house all day long, but now has to sit on the bed or in the closet until bed time (but he still tries to sneak it out). Little Blanket is nasty because he doesn't get washed nearly as often as he should and Little Blanket is highly tied to thumb sucking! (if I could get rid of one, I think I might be able to slow down the other).

Little Blanket is the bane of my exisitance.

I just had to post this experience DD has yesterday at school. It was share and tell day and she wanted to take Bubba for share-and-tell. I thought she had done that already but she said she had not so I let her. I put one of her name stickers on him and told her to ONLY take him out in the classroom and put him immediately back in her backpack. When I picked her up from school she ran out with Bubba and told me she had a very good day. She said the got to do share-and-tell (it's in her Special Learning classroom, not mainstream) and everyone liked Bubba but one girl (A 6th grader) told her that she was a baby for having a toy blanket. DD said "why would she say something like that, that was kinda mean". On one hand it kind of broke my heart, but on the other hand I was proud of her for sharing what she loved. Her teacher was right there and she stepped in and said "You are right, that wasn't a kind thing for (kid) to say and I think she just doesn't understand anymore because she's older. You know a secret? My son is 14 and he STILL sleeps with his blanky. He would never admit it, but it's true". A mother of a friend of DD's also was with us and said "My son still carries his stuffed dog around and sleeps with it". DD seemed to feel better and I looked at her in the eyes and said "You know what, I bet most of the kids in this school have some kind of lovey or Bubba but YOU were the only one brave enough to share it with everyone. That is pretty special and awesome". She smiled big and hugged me. It's funny to think how that little blue bear blanket has become one of the most special members of our family.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

That is a really fabulous life moment Tracy. And I agree that it is funny how these special loveys become members of our families.