Quantcast
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

My 5 year old likes the little baby blankets. His favorites are a Pooh one and the pink and blue striped ones that they send you home from the hospital with. Thankfully, he will take any kind of blanket like that so I can wash and rotate. He also has various animal loveys that rotate every few weeks, but a pile of 15-20 have to stay in the corner of his bed.

My 2 year old was attached to a knit blanket that a family friend made for him as a birth present. I got tired of him dragging the big thing around so we asked the friend to knit us two smaller ones. Now these are his loveys. He also has a big stuffed monster called the love monster that he likes to drag around the house, but it's too big to leave the house.

I love this thread! I still have my "bankie" from my childhood...in fact I took a picture of DD on it the other day, because it is so special to me!

My DD is 9 months and she sleeps with a bunny head/blanket. I gave it to her around 4 months and she has always been a good sleeper, always snuggling with it. Not sure if it will stick as her lovey, but I really want her to have something that soothes her. She currently uses a paci but Im hoping we can drop that around 1 year and get closer to the lovey. We will see!

J + A *6.3.06*
    LBP *4.8.09*
    *Baby Pumpkin due 10.23.11*

When my DD was about 5 months, my SIL came to visit (she lives in Europe) and brought a "fancy" sleep sack. It was velour-ish material, quilted, and had a giraffe appliqued on the front. She slept in that thing every day until she was about 9 months old. When she got too long for it, we unzipped it and turned it into 2 "blankies" to keep with her in the crib. She now has a preference for the half that has a tag. She knows there is a "backup" but that's only used if the first choice half is in the wash.

I still have my blanket from when I was a toddler.

DS has a little light blue Blue Giraffe blanket that he favors. He likes to touch or suck on the satin corners. He'll also wear it as a hat around the house, it is so funny.

We had maybe 4 little blankets for DS to choose from and offered them all to him on a rotating basis and he eventually started favoring the one he uses the most now. I even bought a nice new one and he still wants the old one.

i know several kids that have little giraffe blankets for their lovey, my ds included. his is completely shredded and super dingy, it goes everywhere!
    noa 6.6.04
    henri 9.10.06

Our DD is almost five and just really started getting attached to her stuffed animals about 6 months ago. Now her stuffed animals are her "kids" and they consist of many different animals, but her the two she has to have to sleep are her white bear that her Daddy made for her before she was born and her new really soft bear she got for Christmas.

Our DS is two and has a green fleece blanket that he drags around the house and HAS to have to go to sleep. It is one of those cheap blankets you find around Christmas time and it isn't really all that soft, but it is the one he loves.
    Stayin Home and Lovin It!
    DD 2-4-05
    DS 5-4-07

finally found the picture I was looking for of DD and Bubba. It's funny to look at old pictures and recent ones and see how much Bubba has "aged". He's getting pretty raggedy lately. ETA: sorry it's so big, I'll have to go in and edit it later tonight.

Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement. -From a bumper sticker I saw once

This is Lamb Poo. DS1 got her as a baby present and fell in love instantly. He's almost 5 and still calls her his best friend. When he's home, she's always with him. She's too precious to leave the house except for special occasions, like the first few days of school when DS needed moral support.

DS2's lovey is my hair. I like that we don't have to worry about losing it, as we do with Lamb Poo, but it makes things inconvenient when he wants his lovey in the middle of the night.
    My guys: 2/05, 10/08
    My girl: 10/11

DS is 4.5. He's had a few different loveys. His first was a small blue puppy. He now has 2 favorites. I just realized that he got both of them shortly after DD arrived. Bingo is a Build-a-Bear dog and Percy is a small blue & purple rabbit. Lately Percy has been quite mischievous and getting into things around the house. She likes to hop all over and we frequently have to hunt for her before bedtime. He also likes his fleece blanket with the duckie print and satin edges.

DD, 2.5 has a lavender cat she received for her first birthday. She had trouble saying "meow" it sounded more like "mao". The cat is now named Mao Mao.

I took my Pooh bear everywhere and remember stuffing him in my cubbie at preschool. As I got older, I still loved stuffed animals. I never really outgrew them. LOL. I had a bear in college named Alexander who still holds a special place in my heart.
    Nancy & David 10/12/02
    Connor Ryan born 7/15/05
    Avery Elaine born 4/2/07

TracyDP - We call our lovey Bubba too !

DS has a blue Tiddliwinks (from Target) bear head blanket. Most kids love the satin side, but he likes the plushy (though it's not so plushy after 2 years) side. We bought DS2 an ivory one, and we also have a Carter's dog head blanket too.

His classic pose, rubbing it in his face:

Heather and Steve ~*~ August 31, 2003
    Owen Nathaniel ~ 6.25.07 ~ *~ Carter Steven ~*~ 4.12.10