Quantcast
Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3373818283

Thank you ladies

Betsy, I think you are right.... it is most definitely a battle of the wills and we are already off to a rough start. DS2 is very different from the other two (much more strong willed, etc.) I like the idea of the watch quite a bit- I think (hope) he'll go for that. Where did you find the potty watch? Amazon?

Three accidents in three days doesn't sound too bad to me?
    I totally agree, except, he hasn't gone potty one single time in the toilet. He's either peed on the floor, or, waited until nap time for his diaper to pee/poop and does the same again in the evening once his night diaper goes on.
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS1 06.28.06, DD 07.23.08
    DS2 03.07.12

I'm on an unfamiliar phone so I don't know how to post the link but the one we used is called the potty time watch and is available on amazon. It's shaped like a toilet, ha! DS was very proud to wear it though
    Betsy and Dave, married 10/18/03
    Amelia Claire 3/4/07
    Nathan Edward 3/10/10

Stevie, we had a very similar experience with my DS. I am *not* a fan of pushing kids to PT when they aren't ready, as I've seen friends do so and it was just miserable for everyone involved. But, my DS has needed a push for just about every single milestone in his little life, so I pushed PT, just a little. It.was.terrible. Same thing, peed on the floor or in his diaper, didn't seem to care, etc. we tried it for a few days when he was 3 years, 3 months, and decided it was ridiculous.

We tried again 2 months later, and it was like a different kid. He had it figured out in less than a week, including telling us when he needed to go. For the first 3-4 days, we just set the kitchen timer for every 15 minutes, and put him on the potty to try every time it went off. After awhile, he would remind us to set the timer.

He's now been PT for almost a month, and amazingly, he's more reliable than his twin sister, who has been PT since last fall. All that to say, I'd just give it a little time. Just a few weeks could make a huge difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    R+P 11.09.02
    C 04.06.09 + G & J 12.19.11

We have the potty watch too, but I ended up just using the timer on the oven. I think they say to start at every 15 minutes, then 20 then 30. Every time the timer went off, we would say, "Oh listen! The timer says it's time to try to potty! Yay!"

It sounds like he's just not ready, which normally I would say means you should just wait BUT because of school, I would keep trying. Or maybe only wait a few weeks then try again.

And I wouldn't be concerned about diapers at nap/bed. DS was super easy to train (shockingly), and had virtually no accidents, but we still put a diaper on him at nap/bed. He's almost always dry after nap, but his diaper is soaked in the morning!! And he's been trained for months now. We had DD in diapers at night forever too- long after she clearly didn't need it. I'm too scared to take the chance of having to change sheets in the middle of the night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Falling and Taffers for your input

Today is day 5 and we did finally make some progress yesterday so that gives me some hope that he can and will eventually get this.

I have been using my kitchen timer as the reminder to get him to sit on the potty. When the timer goes off, I ask if he has to go and he usually says "No," so I reset the clock for 10 more mins. If he says "No," again, I usually make him sit on the potty anyway.

Yesterday he sat on the potty without the kicking and screaming which was huge. I even brought the potty into the living room (eew, gross I know!) and let him watch his shows or I read to him while he sat on the potty. By the evening, he actually peed on the potty! He also only had one pee accident and 1 poop accident yesterday. Baby steps.... we still have a long way to go but at least I have a glimmer of hope now!!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS2 03.07.12

Stevie: If it makes you feel any better we also use and keep our potty in the rec room (room where we spend most of our time). I do not have anything to add since we're in the VERY early stages of potty training but I'll be following along for tips. DD just recently started showing interest after moving to the two-year old room at school and watching the older kids. As much as we pay for daycare, we plan to let them take the lead on this one for a while but we do ask her regularly at home if she wants to sit on her potty.

Gracie: Glad to see I'm not the only one! I actually took a PT'ing class many years ago right before I PT'd DS1. The teacher said she recommended putting the potty in the room you are in most, the idea being, making it as accessible and easy for them to get to

Ladies, I really, really hope I'm not jinxing things here.......

We had minor success towards the end of last week. To be honest, I was just happy that the kicking and screaming stopped, when we had him sit on the potty. Saturday was pretty much a joke because we were gone all day at a party so he wore diapers all day- it was just easier.

We got back into it on Sunday (yesterday), and he peed on the potty once and had zero accidents. He peed/pooped the other times in his diaper (nap time, etc.)

This morning, I took his diaper off when he woke up and had him sit on the potty and he peed! Then, ALL ON HIS OWN, he went into the bathroom, managed to take down his undies and shorts, and peed again!!! He came and told me when he was done. And get this...... HE JUST POOPED on the potty all on his own! Again, he went in the bathroom, took down his undies and shorts and pooped then came and got me to tell me. I seriously am in awe!!! I was wondering if he would be able to figure out when he had to "go," and then go to the potty, without having to be prompted by me to sit on the potty and try.

I hope he is able to keep this up. I am seriously so happy right now!!!!
    S+B Est. 11.09.02
    DS2 03.07.12