Quantcast
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wendalah View Post
    I am ready to join the thread. I'm so clueless as to how to approach PTing. DD just turned 2 and has good communication skills, plus tells me all the time when she is pooping or peeing (wants privacy when she poops and tells me to "leave her alone and go away"). She also is waking up mostly dry from her naps.

Today she said, "Mommy, I want to go poo poo in the potty." I said OK, great! C'mon, let's go. She then immediately said NOOOOO. What am I supposed to do? Gently insist on the potty? Just ignore it and wait until she does it herself? Gah! How do you START?
    This is how DD started out. We didn't push it when she said no, just kept reminding her that big girls use the potty, etc. I forgot how long it took, but now when we ask her to go, she'll run to the bathroom. We are going to do the 3 day thing in about a week. I will note that I have been very hesitant to push, because around 18 months when we were getting her to just sit on it, she actually did pee but it scared her and she didn't want to go for awhile.
    LJ
    Anastasia 8.10.07 * Surprise #2 June 2010

DS asked to poopy in the potty today! And he did. SCORE....and we're still a week and a half from our big training day.

Question....are training pants worth it? MIL bough DS a bunch of big boy underware and I bought a 3 pack of training pants but am wondering if I need more. My understanding is that training pants will allow them to feel wet and get wet, but you won't get the big puddles of pee that just wearing normal underware would allow. I can see this based on the thickness of the training pants, but have yet to try them out. But on our big day I don't want to go through my 3 pairs before morning is over ya know
    Dirk & Amy 9.18.04
    Aaron 3.20.07
    Sydney and Elle 5.15.09

Travelling outside of home is a draw back to potty training..that now I have to worry about getting DD to a bathroom. Can anyone recommend a travel potty seat?

Heh, asked my question and then forgot to subscribe to the new thread.

Elenna - he doesn't hide when he poops, but he gets very still (like standing in one place to play with a toy for several minutes, when normally he won't sit still for any amount of time) so I can usually tell when he's going. And then after he's pooped, he waddles because he can feel the poop in his diaper. It's pretty funny, actually. That's usually the point where he comes to me and tells me he pooped, though he doesn't tell me every time lately. He always wants to sit on the potty AFTER he's pooped, so at least he's starting to get the idea...

I think I may just switch to pull-ups during the day for now and not push the PTing. He's asking to sit on the potty periodically, but usually it's right after I change his diaper. And I am hesitant to let him do it b/c 1) I know he doesn't really need to go, and 2) it's such a pain to get his diaper back on him after I let him run around in the bathroom w/o it. At least with the pull-ups he could get them back on himself. Plus, we just got new carpet and I think I would get mad if he had any accidents on it right now, which I know would not bode well for PTing.
    Married ~ 2004
    DS #1 2007
    DS #2 2010

DD (2yo) and DS (4yo) were both not trained at the beginning of the summer so I made them go pantless for 3 days...all it took for DS was one pee accident on the floor. He still was not trained for poop...so FRUSTRATING! So we just kept on him, given his age, and one day it just clicked - he just figured it out.

DD did so-so. She did okay with pee, better with poop. I attribute the pooping training to her high amts of iron she was on for anemia - she was so constipated, we knew EXACTLY when she was going. About a month ago she was back to wetting herself about 2-3 times a day. About 2 weeks ago, it just clicked again and she is completely trained and tells us every single time - even when she has a pull up on.
    J and E: July '03
    "Bud": August '05
    "Nona Bug": July '07

DD 2.5yo is showing increased interest in potty training. Yipee! My only issue is she is a very independent kid. She wants to do it by herself & like a big girl. I'm ok with it in theory it's the reality I'm trying to figure out how to deal with. For example, during nap time today, she pooped in her pull-up. She then went to the bathroom, pulled down the pull-up, went potty, "wiped", and flushed. I heard the flush and went to investigate. She had her dirty poop filled pull-up and pants half way back up. Meanwhile poop was on her legs and the toilet seat. How do I get her to tell me she needs to go and/or ask for help with wiping. Everything is still new to her but she doesn't get the fact that she hasn't quite mastered it yet.

FWIW, DS 4.5yo pee and night trained with no issue. He was very late 4+ for poop training and still needs help wiping. Thus, I'm definitely not the PTing expert.
    Nancy & David 10/12/02
    Connor Ryan born 7/15/05
    Avery Elaine born 4/2/07

I'm sure someone's talked about this before, but this thread is huge... DD is constipated like crazy... she HATES using the potty to poo. She will actually hold it for 2 days and then go in her diaper after her nap. She has been telling me she has to poo but when we sit on the potty she won't go. We are trying to increase the fiber in her diet and get her to drink more water, but is there anything else anyone has had luck with?

Thanks!
    CPW - 05/07/07 & HBW - 10/26/09

lil_nance~ DD did this a few times the first day we were PTing this weekend. We just kept saying over and over how she needs to tell mommy and daddy when she has to go, but that it was great that she was doing this. That was on Thursday, and today it has been a constant "pee pee!" (even for poops) that she runs around saying while heading to the bathroom and she waits for me at the door. She didn't like us showing her how to wipe or wash her hands, but we kept making it clear that she had to do it right for her to do it on her own. That was just repetition again. She is fiercely independent so it just took awhile. HTH.
    LJ
    Anastasia 8.10.07 * Surprise #2 June 2010

pride&prejudice too funny that your DD says "pee pee" for everything. Mine says "poopy" for everything. Maybe we should get them together.
    Thanks for the feedback. DS is so different from her in this area so I'm having to learn how to PT in a different way. Why can't these kids make it easy for us.
    Nancy & David 10/12/02
    Connor Ryan born 7/15/05
    Avery Elaine born 4/2/07

today was day 1 of our 3 day trainings...I was with DS (29 months) ALL DAY. We never left the house...we went through 11 pairs of underwear. He understands that pee and poop go in the potty and wants to wear the underwear. The problem is that when he is peeing he crys and wants me to hold him. this has never happened before. He used to pee on the potty all the time before bath time, this is just the first extended period of time I have had to train him. So we are giving it our best shot. I am hoping that tomorrow is a better day and he get the connection between the feeling that he has to go before its to late...Fingers crossed!!
    * lauren & brian *
    * eli joseph & ben henry *
    * geaux tigers **who dat*